Just friends?...

Just friends?...

A Story by Kia-chan!
"

This is a very sweet story that I recently came up with. It is one of my personal favorites....

"

       When Linda first moved into the small town of Andover, Minnesota, that was way back when she met Danny. They were the same age, and were next door neighbors.

From the moment Linda and Danny met, they were best friends. They played together, ate together, went to school together, rode the bus together, took naps together, rode bikes together, etc. They were inseperable. It almost seemed that the two of them had developed a bond that could not be broken. They were two of a kind, always together. Through out elementary school, they never left eachother's sides, unless they had to use the bathroom. And even when they did use the bathroom, one of them waited outside until the other one was done. So, in a nutshell, they were basicly obsessed with eachother. Their docter's called it an unhealthy attachment. Their mother's called it puppy love. Their father's called it, "They need space".

But no one really understood just how much they loved eachother...

 

   "She said yes!", Danny sueeled. Linda nearly dropped her mug of coffe. "Can you believe it, Linda?! Lucy Stother Said yes! That means, I've got a hot date tonight!", he yelled. he was running around the house, acting like a real fanboy. He had been in love with Lucy ever since him and Linda had started high school. Lucy was the hottest, most popular girl at Andover High school. All the boys liked her, and wanted to make out with her. All the girl despised her, but secretly wanted to be her. Including Linda. But Linda wouldn't admit it. She hated all the popular girls. Especially Lucy. But the one popular kid she didn't hate, was Danny. She loved Danny. No, not like a sister who loves her brother kind of love. This was serious true love! You know, like a crush.

So as you can see, Linda was clearly jelous. You see, Linda was the oppisite of what Lucy was. Linda was an unpopular girl. She had very few friends, and the ones she did have, were nerds. Accept for Danny. Danny was a popular boy. He had friends, and girls liked him. But no one understood why this Joque paid any attention to the ever-so-nerdy Linda. But the difference between Danny, and the other hot guys, was that he was actually nice. He didn't bully anybody, he respected girls, and he wasn't shallow.

He was every girls dream! To have a sensitive guy, who's good at sports, super nice, and and super good looking! But Linda didn't like him for his looks, or the fact that he was captain of the football team. She liked him because for as long as she had known Danny, he had always looked out for her. He always listend to her troubles, and he was always nice to her. And he could always make her laugh. He was Linda's dream boy.

"Really? She said yes?...Th-that's wonderful!", Linda said, putting on a plastic smile.

She was so upset, and jelous, that she couldn't think straight! But even so, she knew she had to be nice, and feel happy for him. "I know, right?! This is great! I can't wait to go out with Lucy!", he squeeled.

Linda gagged. What the hell was she thinking? She seriously thought that Danny would never date another girl? How stupid could she get. Danny was popular; it was bound to happen some time. Linda face palmed at her own stupidity. What an idiot, she thought.

"Linda?", Danny interupted her thoughts.

"Oh! Sorry...I was spacing out...What is it?", she asked.

Danny's stomach rumbled, as if answering her question. "I'm hungry", he said.

Linda laughed out loud. "Well, I can see that...", she said, as she opend up the fridge, revieling it's contents.

Danny sat on the table (a habit that neither of them could break), and started taking off his shoes. "Linda? Where do you think Lucy and I should go on our date?", he asked, as Linda took two ice cream sandwitches out of the freezer. Linda sighed, and unwrapped her sandwitch. "I don't know...Probably to a movie, or something", she mumbled.

she handed Danny a sandwitch, and he unwrapped it, greatfully.

"I'[m really nervous...But I'm sure it will go well!", he said, as he cheerfully bit into his tasty, frozen treat. Linda giggled, as he scarfed it down, faster then you can say play-dow. Danny was known throughout his houshold as "The bottomless pit". Linda thought it was halarious to watch him eat, because he was such a slob.

Danny licked his fingers after he was finished, then threw the wrapper in the trash can.

"So...How did she say yes?", Linda asked him, as she threw her own wrapper away.

"What do you mean?", he asked right back. "You know...Did she sleep on it, or did she just say yes?", Linda said, simply. Danny said, "She just said yes, and, I look forward to it".

That was when Danny's cell phone started to vibrate, and the next thing Linda knew, he was headed off to his own house. He said he was going to be late picking her up, if he didn't hurry up and get ready.

 

       That evening, while Linda was sulking in her room from a broken heart, she got a text from Danny. It said that his date was over, and that it went great. Linda didn't reply, though. She was too depressed to reply. What if thyey went on another date? Then another, and another, and another! What if Danny and Lucy became boyfriend and girlfriend? What would Linda do if that were to happen? Well, she wouldn't do anything.

There was nothing she could do. All she could do, was support him. He was her bestfriend, afterall. But just friends? Is that all they ever would be? Just friends?

Her thoughts were interupted by a nock on her bedroom door. "Come in!", she said, angrily. Then, in walked Danny.

"What are you...Who let you in?", Linda studdered.

"Your mom let me in. She told me you were up here, so I just came right up", he said.

"But...You mean you already dropped Lucy off?"

"Yeah...I dropped her off a while ago".

"But...Why are you here? I mean...You were gonna see me again tomorrow, anyways", Linda spat.

Danny rolled his eyes, and sat down on Linda's bed, next to her. Linda glared at him, and scooched over. "What's your problem, anyway? Your acting all mean, and angry", he said.

Linda rolled her own eyes. "It's nothing...It doesn't matter, anyway. I don't care if you went on a date with the shallowest girl at school", she muttered.

Suddenly, the room was filled with an awkword silence.

"So that's what this is about", Danny said. His tone was strangly serious. "Your jelous".

Linda froze. crap, she thought. Now he knows!

She stood up, and furiously turned towards him. "Get out! Get out of my house! I'm not jelous!", she yelled. Danny looked at her with hurt filled eyes. He straightened his back, then stood up. Linda watched him, as he staggered towards her. "What are you--", but Danny wouldn't let her finish, because he had already leaned in and kissed her.

Linda felt her legs start to numb up as he kissed her. Her eyes were wide open at first, but then they slowly began to close as he continually kissed her passionately.

when they finally seperated, Linda's face was filled with surprise. "But...I thought...I thought you liked...Lucy?", she said.

Danny smiled at her, and pulled her towards the bed, motioning for her to sit down.

"I don't remember saying that I didn't like you though", he said, a gleem in his eye.

Linda felt as though she was in a dream. A dream she never wanted to wake up from.

"I mean...", Danny began. "Ever since we were kids, I've loved you. At first, you were like a sister. But then...That love grew into..Well, sort of a crush". Linda felt her heart start to put itself back together.

Danny put his arm around her, and Linda felt as though her heart wopuld burst.

"I just...I love you", he murmured. "And I want to be with you. Forget about Lucy...I was just playing hard to get with that whole, date thing. I was pretending to like her the whole time", he said. Linda scowled. "What do you mean, "Playing hard to get?". You mean this whole time, you liked me? Why didn't you just say so to begin with, you retard!", she said. Danny laughed, and patted Linda's back. "Whatever, babe. The only thing that matters is that now, we're together", he said. Linda cringed at the word, "babe". Even if she did like him, it was still going to take quite some time to get used to this. But even so, She was happy. "So, what do ya say we go down stairs, and have some more ice cream sandwitches?", Danny proclaimed. Linda rolled her eyes again, and said, "We can't. We're all out". Danny's smile turned into a frown. "Really? D****t! I was so hoping that there would atleast be one left!", he said. Linda laughed,and leaned her head on his shoulder. Thus, a beautiful new realationship was born.

 

© 2010 Kia-chan!


Author's Note

Kia-chan!
I hope you liked it! And please don't pay any attention to spelling errors, and grammer mistakes. just focus on the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good story. Keep it up!

-VampireChick

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sweet story! This made me smile so much, and I loved how universal and relatable the story that you told was. The dialogue sounded like something that was ripped straight out of any teenager's life, which made the story all the more realistic and all the more believable. A really cute ending too! Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ki
very very cute! i ltterally went, "awwww!"

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is adorable. Don't you just love a good love story?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww, this is so cute! I really like it! Great job(:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
6 Reviews
Added on August 9, 2010
Last Updated on August 9, 2010

Author

Kia-chan!
Kia-chan!

Andover, MN



About
My name is Kiah. I am a teenager. I love writing, music, drawing, the internet, chinese food, tigers, kitty-cats, Fruits basket (By: Natsuki Takaya), manga, Anime, and Japan. I live with my mom, my da.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kia-chan!