alliwantedwasthetruth

alliwantedwasthetruth

A Poem by Jami Nicole

Was she better than me?

Were you happier with her?

I sat at home by myself.

You told me you were hanging with friends,

but we both knew the truth.

Both knew you were going with her.

Both knew you lied to my face.

Niether of us caring anymore.

But there are some things I should have said.

Some things I should have done differently,

But you were the one that cheated.

You were the one that lied.

And you should have known

that things would be better now.

That we might even be friends

if you never lied.

If you never cheated.

Just say you were happier with her.

All I wanted was the truth.

© 2010 Jami Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Tough to argue with the point of this one, as hard as it is the truth usually prevails and it will come out sooner of later anyway. Not sure if I agree with the guys are idiots comment below...but we can be at times, but everyone can regardless of gender, age and social station. Learning that everyone at any point in their lives is learning and growing makes it easier to swallow that pill sometimes and makes it easier on our own mind when we find ourselves being the one in the drivers seat of wrong doing toward another, and it will happen. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can completely relate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The age old thoughts for most of us, a well written piece, well done good read x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job. Nice treatment of a timeless concept. Wish I could tell you it gets easier, but as House would say, "Everybody lies". Keep it coming.............

Posted 13 Years Ago


Truth will always come out eventually. Cheating is a very miserablr form of dishonesty, almost all cheaters are serial cheaters because they are dishonest to the core. I have never understood why any woman or girl would think a man who would cheat with them, won't cheat on them; because they will. The best thing to come out of your encounter with a particularly disgusting "Y chrom"; is the lessons you learned. Next time, don't be so trusting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The hidden truths can hurt just as bad as the upfront truth being thrown in your face. The sorry thing about Love is that it leaves us vulnerable, but it is this leap of faith that makes love great when it works out. Broken when it doesn't. Heartache can be one of the greatest motivators in life with both good and bad results. It is the getting back up and leaping again, which is hard, but I hope so worth it!

Sorrowful Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


Tough to argue with the point of this one, as hard as it is the truth usually prevails and it will come out sooner of later anyway. Not sure if I agree with the guys are idiots comment below...but we can be at times, but everyone can regardless of gender, age and social station. Learning that everyone at any point in their lives is learning and growing makes it easier to swallow that pill sometimes and makes it easier on our own mind when we find ourselves being the one in the drivers seat of wrong doing toward another, and it will happen. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah!!! guys are idiots. We're really not as complicated as they make us out to be and we surely arent as stupid as they think we are. any guy to do that to you, DOES NOT deserve you!! his was a good to the point poem~

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ugh i know!! why dont guys understand that all we want to know is the truth!? that would solve every problem they had with us and they wouldnt have to sneak around! im sorry :( cheating sucks. im going through the same thing right now...

excellent! :)
-marissa

ps. your review wasnt crappy haha i appreciate every review i get :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
the truth empowers you..I understand even if it hurts, you are able to make an informed decision..sometimes the liar doesn't want to give you that power because they know what you will do with it...really poignant read

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

898 Views
20 Reviews
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 22, 2010

Author

Jami Nicole
Jami Nicole

Minneapolis, MN



About
more..

Writing
Always Always

A Poem by Jami Nicole


Anxiety. Anxiety.

A Poem by Jami Nicole