Did It Ever Cross Your Mind

Did It Ever Cross Your Mind

A Poem by House of Immite
"

Breaking up with your first

"

Have you ever thought about how many laws I broke to runaway with you?

Did you ever stop to think that I wasted a year and half on you?

Have you ever considered that I sacrificed my innocent soul just for you?

Did it ever cross your mind that I love you?


Have you ever thought about how many battles I fought for you?

Did you ever stop to think that Sobhi is my favorite teddy bear? Coz it’s from you.

Have you ever considered that I will be crying for four consecutive days over you?

Did it ever cross your mind that, maybe, Just maybe, I love you?


Have you ever thought about how many times I obsessed about you?

Did you ever stop to think that I always came back to you?

Have you ever considered how many cookies I baked with love for you?

Did it ever cross your mind that I still love you?


Have you ever thought about how I changed for you?

Did you ever stop to think that I never felt anything to anyone but you?

Have you ever considered the effort I put to make every moment count for me and you?

Did it ever cross your mind that you love me too?

© 2013 House of Immite


Author's Note

House of Immite
Reviews please! I want to know the good and the bad about every poem I write.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely poem. I can really relate into this :)) Well written. Full of love and emotions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very effective style here -- the repetition of the phrases at the beginnings of the lines (called "anaphora" for anyone who likes knowing that sort of thing), and the consistent alternation between "Have you ever / Did you ever," provides a great, lyrical framework for the list of great and small expressions of love, and the twist in the final line is all the more forlorn in asking for some reciprocation of love, because of how uniformly every other line in the poem has expressed love going in one direction.
Compared to your later poems, your control of meter is a little faltering -- uneven lines are fine, but the stress on the syllables is somewhat unplanned, and doesn't carry the momentum of the poem. But, again, that's in comparison to your more recent works, so it's an area you've clearly improved in since writing this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was very sweet. I'm happy I read this. :) Cheers

Posted 11 Years Ago


Make the font any smaller much??? Damn! love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can definantly relate to this...i really liked this poem; I like the repitition.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can completely relate ton this, love this... Great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


Breaking up with your first love is always difficult. And no, people rarely think of anything but their own emotions, well, most of the time, but especially during a breakup. A set of very heartfelt questions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very emotional and beautiful. I really liked this poem. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love your poem! It's so beautiful.
The only thing that isn't ok is the size of the text. It's a bit too small and for some readers it can be hard to read.
Except for the size of the text, your poem is great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it! I really enjoyed the last line in every part was re-stressed & carrying the same point through the poem! great job!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

870 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2013
Tags: Love, Break Up, Did It Ever Cross Your Mind, Amer, Elmousa, House, Of, Immite

Author

House of Immite
House of Immite

Amman, Jordan



About
The past formulates who we are today. This is the loose basis of my poetry. I'm 19 years old and I study architecture. I speak Arabic and English fluently, now learning German and hopefully after t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..