More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.

More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.

A Story by Relic
"

This is a continuation of the 10 rules of Writers Cafe.

"
More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.
A Story by Relic

Rules

RULE 11: FRIEND REQUESTS:
Send out friend requests to as many people as you can but don't review any of their work. Many will be under the impression that you enjoyed something they wrote. Experienced writers, however, may be cautious about strangers who have never even said hello to them. 

They'll research your friend's list and notice it growing at an exponential rate. For those that accept you, a peek into your Stats could reveal more reviews received than given. 

Some of you are shy about giving reviews or just plain suck at conversations. You probably just want to see a multitude of faces on your friend's list. Indulge, perhaps they have photos in their accounts you can admire while you're there. On the other hand, you could just wait for someone to review your writing. (See next rule).

Rule 12: READ REQUESTS: 
Send out lots of read requests to new friends that have accepted you. Hey, if they're nice enough to hit the accept button without checking you out first, why not give it a shot right? Otherwise, just follow rule 4 (Reviews) if you're so inclined. 

RULE 13: POINTING OUT ERRORS:
Beware of pointing out any errors in another's writing. Some people actually do appreciate your input; they're not only thankful but also interested in knowing what those errors are. Others, however, are very sensitive and might delete your 'critical' review. They may have worked over five minutes writing that thing. 

Don't take a chance; show them you enjoyed it by using tiny or massive praise. "Great!" is a good start. If however, you're adventurous, you can go all out--"Okay, after reading this epic poem, I'm ready to call it quits. Do you wanna know why? Do you wanna know why? Because I'll never be this good if I live to be 200, okay, okay, I mean come on!" 

Then again, you may not even be giving any reviews. I just figured I'd mention it in case something exciting should happen in your life to motivate you into trying it. 

Rule 14: MENTION WRITERS CAFE:
Mention Writers Cafe in your title. It tends to draw people in. I guess they feel like you're talking about them in some way. Oh, how I remember those dreary days with little reviews until I did this. Perhaps you will have some luck at it as well. Try it.

RULE 15: SELF-PROMOTION:
Advertise your own work in each of your reviews. This is a risky move but could be beneficial. You see, some people can't always understand what a poem means so they look for other opinions to guide them. If you mention one or two of your poems or stories, who knows, you may get an unexpected review out of it. 

For example: Wow, Blah blah, this sounds just like my poem 'The Red blah blah.' Or, perhaps you could even slip in some tension as a hook. "This poem has such impact. I wrote a similar one called "The Green Blah blah. Be careful if you read it, though, the outcome may be too much to handle...for you, or anyone else who reads it." 
(Thanks, LA Lorena)

RULE 16: IMAGES
If you can't think of anything creative to say in a review, just refer to the amazing images. Writers enjoy such comments. It gives them the impression they were more creative than they originally thought.  (Thank you Kimmer for this idea.)

RULE 17: CUT AND PAISTE
If you don't feel like doing a review, simply cut and paste a large portion of the poem followed by the words, "God I Love this, love this, love this!"  This will depict an overwhelming sense of enjoyment you received from a certain stanza you just needed to point out or you'd burst. (Thanks, DrD)

RULE 18: SLIP OUT:
If someone has asked you to give an opinion of his or her poem and you don't have the desire to do so, you can say that it merits much more time than one reading can handle. You want to go over it again to grasp its full impact. That'll buy you some time before you forget about it.     (Thanks, LA Lorena again)

RULE 19: BLOCKING:
On a more serious note, I'd like to end with some words by my friend Frieda...
"This is not a physical contact sport; there is no need for unnecessary blocking. Be the adult, if you are one...and just ignore the person like in real life. Otherwise, see rule #14."


© 2013 Relic


© 2020 Relic


Author's Note

Relic
As in the first set of rules, this is told with humor.

Rule 14 was omitted. See Redzone's review and my reply.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CS
Rule #12 is why you are my friend, right? I suck at conversation. Thank you for letting me keep your house on my friends list so I feel less lonely and have something lovely to look at.

Rule #13....one morning, oh, many moons ago, someone here sent me 27 read requests in one day. I have been traumatized ever since.

Rule #14- Yes, this is a writing site, and we should be adult enough to accept constructive criticism of our work, but really, who wants all that negativity when we can just give overblown gushy reviews where everything we read is "magick" or "beautiful" or "gods gift to mankind". We are here to stroke ego, aren't we? Don't like that someone said you misspelled something in your poem? Delete their review, their friendship, block them completely, and then make up a fanciful story about them to ruin their reputation.

Rule #15-Or, get into arguments with people who genuinely like you for no reason. That has caused some pretty good drama around here too.

My dear sir, this was the most beautifully magical piece of writing ever written in the history of mankind.

P.S. I really did enjoy this :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Relic

11 Years Ago

haha, it takes me a couple of days to get to you on it though. I'm going to PM you.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Oh fook, my b***s got separated! hahaha
Relic

11 Years Ago

haha, that's okay with me.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
😅😅😅 you forgot to add another trick of reviewing. "Wow........ (I've to put 25 characters lol)" And another on messaging "Ya know I was just trying to meet new ppl, ya know I'm not into writing that much, ya know blah blah blah"
Anddd another on blocking people is blocking without any reason. I've been blocked by some persons with whom I never had any argue rather they were my friends. Have let the bygones be bygones forever!
I see you as the meme lord of writerscafe. I wish if the writers you mentioned were still active here! In fairness, I relate to most of the rules here.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Relic

3 Years Ago

Thanks, Tahsin. :) A lot of people - including myself - have been blocked for no reason. I wrote abo.. read more
I had a chuckle I was blocked because I wrote too much, some truth and wisdom here Tim. Entertaining but informative as always.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Relic

6 Years Ago

Another writer we know here is in the same boat when it comes to not being read. I agreed with him.
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

My only regret on Wc is losing friends to other writers who just wanted to destroy their works so th.. read more
Relic

6 Years Ago

I've seen that too. Writing communities can be weird, that's for sure.
I love it. Although I have to admit, at times I do resort to delete and block, I love your take on the cafe' drama. I have my own drama and can't keep up with the stuff in here. I hope good writers stay but I have the feeling it's this stuff that drives good people away. This isn't junior high, but man, it feels like it sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Relic

9 Years Ago

I know what you mean. Thanks.
as soon as i saw the title, Tim, i had to read this----and i thought it was pretty funny for awhile until i realized it wasn't about me. Then i lost interest, now i am going to go back to extending my friends' list---
sending out 500 read requests---or maybe i'll just cut and past a bunch of this and post it as my own writing---

:)))

great stuff---but many will read it, and just not get it----oh god, my ego is so big i am going to pop!
from now on, every poem will have writers cafe in the title...do not ignore me...

i enjoyed reading this tongue-in-cheek piece so much....i am so tired of all the fighting on this site---it needs to be about the poetry----not the games played, masks worn, nastiness, all of it...poets have to stick together!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Relic

9 Years Ago

haha, I'm sorry I did not have you in mind when writing it Jacob. But all kidding aside, yes, the ga.. read more
jacob erin-cilberto

9 Years Ago

i'm seriously considering shutting down for awhile...it breaks my heart that all this is going on..... read more
Relic

9 Years Ago

I'll talk to you in private.
In many ways I agree with your "sarcasm"... the thing I don't think is similar to your view is #14... I think that ignoring this verbal abuse, actually sets a tone of acceptance to continue, if not by the initial person, but by others. There is a saying , "dust will not remove itself, it must be swept away". It actually creates an atmosphere where this abuse can even more operate unopposed. While I am not advocating a "new age, touchy feely" thing, I do think we need to actually fight for a poetry site where people are treated with respect and open-ness. Disagreements are normal, especially when it comes to writing poetry, etc, but it needs to be about the poem/story and NOT the person who wrote it. There is no place for snarky, BS and personal attack here, or anywhere.

How many poets are no longer here because of this and plagerizing?? Do we really need more to leave, or to "PUT UP WITH" this kind of treatment and atmosphere?? I certainly won't.

Like I said Relic, I mostly agree with you, except with parts of #14. It gave me a chuckle and the sarcasm was "just right"!! ;0)
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Relic

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Redzone. This was written at a time when the mood here was not so dark and pla.. read more
That was very funny and interesting,though I do not totally agree with some of them. Now,you'll delete me,eh? Lol. Anyway, I just joined in July and I've never seen rule 14 happen,ever! I've heard a lot about people getting into arguments on this site,but I'm yet to see such a scenario!!! I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of interesting drama here. Do you know any writing which has sparked controversy on this site? I really need to see it,must be so much fun to see. Once again, I enjoyed reading the work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Relic

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading K. As far as confrontations and arguments, they have occurred here before and .. read more
Relic, Like any community be it real or virtual we are all human, and by nature we seek out attention some more than others. It is a fact that poems are the main input here because they are quickly and easily produced. Even a few lines can get a multitude of reads-this does not mean they are good. And I have read some bad one's and I have read some exceptionaly good one's. I will not give names, but those I do not review are not worth getting into if you say something that is the truth but will upset the writer. some believe that more is better-it is not. All that happens is we overdose on modern so called prose.
I write because I enjoy it, I post here to let others read and enjoy my work. If they wish to review thats ok,if not then thats ok too. and for those reasons I have chosen to review only those who read and review my stories and poems. I will review work if asked, and I will be honest. People will be people.and thats how it is.
good luck.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


Relic

10 Years Ago

I enjoyed your review and agree with you. Thanks for reading.
More funny stuff........... But you did forget about the endless stream of ellipses to get to the 25 word count.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Relic

10 Years Ago

haha, that wasn't around then. It may have been first on the list if it was. Thanks Pryde.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2234 Views
42 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2020
Previous Versions

Author

Relic
Relic

About
Many years. more..

Writing
The Dark Is... The Dark Is...

A Poem by Relic


Erotic 2 Erotic 2

A Poem by Relic



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse


~ Rehab ~ Rehab

A Poem by


 If If

A Chapter by Renée