More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.

More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.

A Story by Relic
"

This is a continuation of the 10 rules of Writers Cafe.

"
More Writers Cafe Rules 11-20.
A Story by Relic

Rules

RULE 11: FRIEND REQUESTS:
Send out friend requests to as many people as you can but don't review any of their work. Many will be under the impression that you enjoyed something they wrote. Experienced writers, however, may be cautious about strangers who have never even said hello to them. 

They'll research your friend's list and notice it growing at an exponential rate. For those that accept you, a peek into your Stats could reveal more reviews received than given. 

Some of you are shy about giving reviews or just plain suck at conversations. You probably just want to see a multitude of faces on your friend's list. Indulge, perhaps they have photos in their accounts you can admire while you're there. On the other hand, you could just wait for someone to review your writing. (See next rule).

Rule 12: READ REQUESTS: 
Send out lots of read requests to new friends that have accepted you. Hey, if they're nice enough to hit the accept button without checking you out first, why not give it a shot right? Otherwise, just follow rule 4 (Reviews) if you're so inclined. 

RULE 13: POINTING OUT ERRORS:
Beware of pointing out any errors in another's writing. Some people actually do appreciate your input; they're not only thankful but also interested in knowing what those errors are. Others, however, are very sensitive and might delete your 'critical' review. They may have worked over five minutes writing that thing. 

Don't take a chance; show them you enjoyed it by using tiny or massive praise. "Great!" is a good start. If however, you're adventurous, you can go all out--"Okay, after reading this epic poem, I'm ready to call it quits. Do you wanna know why? Do you wanna know why? Because I'll never be this good if I live to be 200, okay, okay, I mean come on!" 

Then again, you may not even be giving any reviews. I just figured I'd mention it in case something exciting should happen in your life to motivate you into trying it. 

Rule 14: MENTION WRITERS CAFE:
Mention Writers Cafe in your title. It tends to draw people in. I guess they feel like you're talking about them in some way. Oh, how I remember those dreary days with little reviews until I did this. Perhaps you will have some luck at it as well. Try it.

RULE 15: SELF-PROMOTION:
Advertise your own work in each of your reviews. This is a risky move but could be beneficial. You see, some people can't always understand what a poem means so they look for other opinions to guide them. If you mention one or two of your poems or stories, who knows, you may get an unexpected review out of it. 

For example: Wow, Blah blah, this sounds just like my poem 'The Red blah blah.' Or, perhaps you could even slip in some tension as a hook. "This poem has such impact. I wrote a similar one called "The Green Blah blah. Be careful if you read it, though, the outcome may be too much to handle...for you, or anyone else who reads it." 
(Thanks, LA Lorena)

RULE 16: IMAGES
If you can't think of anything creative to say in a review, just refer to the amazing images. Writers enjoy such comments. It gives them the impression they were more creative than they originally thought.  (Thank you Kimmer for this idea.)

RULE 17: CUT AND PAISTE
If you don't feel like doing a review, simply cut and paste a large portion of the poem followed by the words, "God I Love this, love this, love this!"  This will depict an overwhelming sense of enjoyment you received from a certain stanza you just needed to point out or you'd burst. (Thanks, DrD)

RULE 18: SLIP OUT:
If someone has asked you to give an opinion of his or her poem and you don't have the desire to do so, you can say that it merits much more time than one reading can handle. You want to go over it again to grasp its full impact. That'll buy you some time before you forget about it.     (Thanks, LA Lorena again)

RULE 19: BLOCKING:
On a more serious note, I'd like to end with some words by my friend Frieda...
"This is not a physical contact sport; there is no need for unnecessary blocking. Be the adult, if you are one...and just ignore the person like in real life. Otherwise, see rule #14."


© 2013 Relic


© 2020 Relic


Author's Note

Relic
As in the first set of rules, this is told with humor.

Rule 14 was omitted. See Redzone's review and my reply.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CS
Rule #12 is why you are my friend, right? I suck at conversation. Thank you for letting me keep your house on my friends list so I feel less lonely and have something lovely to look at.

Rule #13....one morning, oh, many moons ago, someone here sent me 27 read requests in one day. I have been traumatized ever since.

Rule #14- Yes, this is a writing site, and we should be adult enough to accept constructive criticism of our work, but really, who wants all that negativity when we can just give overblown gushy reviews where everything we read is "magick" or "beautiful" or "gods gift to mankind". We are here to stroke ego, aren't we? Don't like that someone said you misspelled something in your poem? Delete their review, their friendship, block them completely, and then make up a fanciful story about them to ruin their reputation.

Rule #15-Or, get into arguments with people who genuinely like you for no reason. That has caused some pretty good drama around here too.

My dear sir, this was the most beautifully magical piece of writing ever written in the history of mankind.

P.S. I really did enjoy this :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Relic

10 Years Ago

haha, it takes me a couple of days to get to you on it though. I'm going to PM you.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh fook, my b***s got separated! hahaha
Relic

10 Years Ago

haha, that's okay with me.



Reviews

lmao, 'to be continued'..........................................................

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

haha you're a meanie, I knew it...perhaps some will mind it, who knows around this crazy place eh? .. read more
Relic

11 Years Ago

Yes, I know what you mean.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sometimes writing is just fun, that's what you did here, we don't always have to pour our souls out .. read more
Funny, or not? I'm not sure if this is what one should do or shouldn't. For sure I have to watch the argument thing. Someone gets rowdy and it's flame on! I'm working on that. I've decided I'm not always right.

Why do I always drop the 'm when I write I'm? What a goober.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

;-)
Relic

11 Years Ago

I won't say anything then.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2206 Views
42 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2020
Previous Versions

Author

Relic
Relic

About
Many years. Still here. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse