Abandoned Writers Cafe

Abandoned Writers Cafe

A Poem by Relic
"

Empty rooms in empty halls.

"
Image result for abandoned books

Accounts silent - long abandoned
the words bankrupt
vacant fronts of creativity 
washed over; hollow; run down.

Verbs sway on rusted hinges
the strains of old poems
cross pages like tumbleweeds.

Profiles shuttered - desolate
unopened for years, collect dust
while messages to forgotten friends
go unanswered

Pinned to a page 

like wanted posters

© 2023 Relic


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I still visit the profiles of old friends here, some that I know seldom if ever, revisit the site. Others are departed from life itself. I revisit their comments on my posts on other sites as well. I'll find one and say, well, wasn't that nice? This is eloquently poignant. I enjoyed and I relate. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Relic

2 Years Ago

Thanks for reading, Fabian. :)
Red Brick Keshner

1 Year Ago

As do I. They are like monoliths on a partways barren land.



Reviews

This poem made me think of the posters all over telephone poles kind of forgotten and rusty with weather. Some very artistic and all full of words. Modern wanted posters. WANTED! Your attention please. And that's all a poet can ask for. Somewhere to staple their poems and hope the rain of attention will wash the dust away.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Well said, Bill. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this and leaving a creative comment. :.. read more
An interesting viewpoint. I like it!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Thank you, JE. 😁
Somehow, you amazingly captured the feeling of an abandoned account/website. Oddly unsettling and cold. Once the person behind the screen isn’t there anymore, all that’s left is the blue light and white screen. A lot of cold. The imagery is amazing and haunting. I love that just about everyone in the comments can relate. I can too. Abandoned your account, only to bring it back is poetic in its own way. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

I appreciate your kind review, Vertigo Cat. Thank you. :)
I was one of those account silent person! I'm back and hope to stay in it for the long run! This was an awesome poem! Nicely penned!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Thanks very much, Storiestotell. :)
KAREN

2 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Well, I can relate to this poem! I abandoned my writer's cafe for a long time! Back now dusting off the cobwebs Loved your imagery! well penned!!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Imagination 101. Welcome back. :)
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

My pleasure and thank you!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NFA
I've done that before, definitely relatable. Amazing write!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

I appreciate your visit and thoughts, Victor. Thank you.
NFA

2 Years Ago

No problem, thanks for yours as well!
What haunting images you provoke. All those yellowed wanted posters, fluttering, pasted over with new ones that then grow yellow and get replaced. I sense the waxing and waning of creativity, of abandoning something not out of choice, but because whatever it was that made it vibrant just isn't there anymore. I've experienced that, and it wasn't pleasant. It makes you feel desolate inside, like the abandoned store front of a failed business.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

I'm sure there are many who feel that way, therefore abandoning their accounts here at WC.
<.. read more
This cafe seems dark and gloomy like no one does anything anymore. I enjoyed this write.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

I know what you mean. Thanks for your comment K.
K writes

2 Years Ago

not a problem
It is incredible how you can spin an ordinary circumstance to create a beautiful and original piece. Also, your poem is totally relevant to this forum. Well done!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Christy.
This is masterful. The pacing, your choice of words, the tone of your voice-- everything captures the bleakness of abandoned accounts and long lost cafe ancestors, but more impressively is how you've turned this abstract concept into something concrete, tangible-- ironically, the more powerful the sense of desolation, the more alive it becomes.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Relic

2 Years Ago

Thanks very much for your thoughtful comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5650 Views
217 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on August 29, 2023
Tags: abandoned

Author

Relic
Relic

About
I've been here since 2009. - Tim - Thanks for reading and any reviews. more..

Writing
Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


The Dark Is... The Dark Is...

A Poem by Relic



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..