The Crossroad!

The Crossroad!

A Poem by Howling_Wolf
"

The journey of life will take you to many crossroads.

"
Standing at a crossroads on the journey of life,
Barefooted, looking at the two paths before you.
A peaceful meadow, grass softer than silk
A mountain: hard, jagged and steep

Most will take the meadow,
you  travel the mountain.
You walk up  the mountain and 
 cut your foot open on the jagged stones.
Blood stains the path behind you;
you  continue to march towards the peak



A voice in the back of your mind say,
"go back and take the meadow path."
You stand and wonder: "do I listen to the voice?"
You look behind and see the path you have taken;
the ground stained with bloody footprints.
I have made it this far; I will not falter.

You are weak from your journey;
 your  knee's start to buckle and vision blurs.
"Maybe, I should have listened to the voice;
maybe its not to late to turn back?"
your vision  still weak, but  you see the peak.
You were unsteady , but now new strength enters your body.
You have reached the summit.

You see before you the most beautiful view;
you have ever lay your eyes upon .
You see the meadow down below,
and where it would take you.
You see where you will go,
and feel challenged by it.


You look behind you for the last time, and
see your progress marked by your blood stained footprints.
A new voice enters your head, and its say,
"if I can overcome this I can do anything."

You start your descent down the mountain, and
you are filled with both pride and accomplishment.
The next time, you come across a crossroad again;
you will remember today and the view from atop the mountain.
I will make the right decision when the times come.
The question is what will you do?

© 2016 Howling_Wolf


Author's Note

Howling_Wolf
I am trying poetry out, and its a lot harder then its looks. It so different from storytelling, but not in a bad way. I hope you enjoy this poem, and understand its meaning.

Thanks S. Mi

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I must congratulate you Dylan, I think this is a poetry that inspires me, I love the way you told a story of life where a person took his own chance to reach to his own dream destination, and kept on going until he reached it even though there were self doubt in his mind as circumstances and dark thoughts were trying to divert his mind... I believe we are all given inside us a gift from God and that is our instinct that informs us the right things most of the time, but our society and circumstances often force us to change our decisions...

Whoever reads this I think they will love it's deep meaning, and I believe it definitely deserves clappings for the way you have spread the inspiring message... A very good inspiring write...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

You are the second person on the café this week, that made me teary eyed with your genuine, kind wo.. read more
Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

accidentally pressed post. Thank you for your wonderful comment, Dhiman.

Sincerely Dy.. read more



Reviews

Absolutely true. The right path to success is a difficult one, full of obstacles. You've applied this theme and created a very nice story in a poetic manner. I loved it. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


very deep and well done . reminds of Robert Frost's which is a good thing;) ... overall awesome job on this

Posted 7 Years Ago


The meaning here is beautiful and simply stated, using a powerful image. The blood spilled along the way weaves a tale of survival.

You are welcome!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I must congratulate you Dylan, I think this is a poetry that inspires me, I love the way you told a story of life where a person took his own chance to reach to his own dream destination, and kept on going until he reached it even though there were self doubt in his mind as circumstances and dark thoughts were trying to divert his mind... I believe we are all given inside us a gift from God and that is our instinct that informs us the right things most of the time, but our society and circumstances often force us to change our decisions...

Whoever reads this I think they will love it's deep meaning, and I believe it definitely deserves clappings for the way you have spread the inspiring message... A very good inspiring write...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

You are the second person on the café this week, that made me teary eyed with your genuine, kind wo.. read more
Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

accidentally pressed post. Thank you for your wonderful comment, Dhiman.

Sincerely Dy.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

783 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 19, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..