Defect

Defect

A Story by Rae
"

Remove from me that which makes me different from others...

"

My desire to be headless stems from childhood.  My head betrayed my every intention for friendship and understanding.   The others had the benefit of being born without heads.  But my family has been sorely afflicted with the condition for generations.  Some of my family had learned to live within society with few people noticing their malady.  I however, had been stricken with an extreme case.  I could not pass unnoticed by my peers.  Both my parents had the defect, but over the years had become proud of their difference from others.  They insisted that I not change myself.  They said we were the normal ones and everyone else were the freaks.  But they are just fooling themselves.  As long as we are the minority, we are the freaks.  When I was 18 I searched for a doctor who could remove my head.  Doctor after doctor refused, but after years of searching, I found one who would.  Now I anxiously await for the procedure to be done.

© 2010 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
12/11/07

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow that was kind of quirky and nice. I liked it very much. Sarcasm is one of my favorites when it comes to writing -especially prose

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Rae
Rae

Fort Wayne, IN



About
She remembers the exact day she learned she was a poet, but doesn't remember when she forgot she was one. Although, even when her pen was still for five long years, she was a poet. Now she is a poet w.. more..

Writing
When I hunger When I hunger

A Poem by Rae