Prince Of England

Prince Of England

A Chapter by Helen

I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Yesterday had been the best day ever. 

I had just turned 18 and had the biggest party in the history of parties. 

That and the fact that I was officially eighteen.

I went downstairs with my phone in hand, expecting to see plastic red cups everywhere with streamers hanging off the ceiling, but the house was sparkling clean.

Yesterday people who were old enough to get drunk got drunk and those few who couldn't, stayed on sugar for the whole night. I on the other hand, stayed both sober and normal for the whole night, enjoying the party.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom holding a cup of coffee and my dad taking a sip of his while reading the newspaper.

"Morning mom! Morning dad!" I called out, smiling as I walked to the seat that was left for me.

"Good morning." They both replied at the same time, my moms sounding perkier than my dads.

"So honey..." my Mom said as I sat down and slowly drunk out of the milk on my table.

I internally groaned and gave my mom a pointed look. She was only nice when she wanted something from me and nice also included doing things like cleaning the house or making me a lot if food or... CLEANING THE HOUSE.

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't explain it to you?

Well you see. My mom loves to put me on dates with rich guys ranging from ugly and nerdy to rich and arrogant since I was twelve. Yes, even the boy with the booger drooling out if his nose was filthy rich. 

Now don't get me wrong, my mom wasn't a gold digger. Heck, she didn't need to sign for money cause we were millonairs our self but she was forced to marry my dad just like how she's setting me up right now and they ended up happy and millions richer. I even had the dream of loving like my mom did when I was younger but that was before all the havoc dating. Now I jut wanted out.


"Did you catch all that honey?" My mom asked just as I finished zoning out.

"Huh?" I stupidly asked.

She slightly shook her head and smiled at me.

She said "You're getting married." Just as I took a sip of my milk. 

I choked from surprise and spit my milk out all over the table.

"D-did I hear it right?" I asked, looking at her with wide green eyes.

"Yup. You're getting married within three months after you get out of high school. His name is Zack and he's 21." My mom said, giving a dreamy smile.

My dad mumbled something about milk and cheese but I didn't care, my mom just gave me dreadful news.

"I don't want to marry him." I mumbled, looking down at my cup of milk.

"Come on honey, you could grow up to be like me and your father!" She said happily wiping the milk off the table.

"But mom. I want to find a guy that I'll actually like after I get to know him." I replied.

"Oh! You don't have to worry about that! He's going to move here from England and stay around you until it would be time for you guys to get married. He's even taking senior year all over again for you!" My mom explained.

"What?!? But mom! That's so embarrassing!" I thought back to the snot nosed boy and shuddered. What if it was another nerd? I'd be humiliated for the rest of my life! 

"No its not. I promise. He's a real ladies man." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I visibly shuddered.

"Come on Stacy! Look at the bright side! We'll inherit millions!" 

I groaned but stopped arguing. You could never win against my mom whether it was about food or boys.

"I'm gonna go hang out with David." I mumbled as I stood up and walked out the kitchen just in time to hear my mom say "I swear, she hangs out with that boy so much, people could mistake them as a couple."

I grimaced and pulled out my phone, arranging a meeting with David at the mall.

"""""""""""-"-""""""

"Your parents want you to marry a random guy they picked out of thin air?" David asked, looking at me with his wide brown eyes.

"Yup" I mumbled, jabbing my smoothie with the red straw.

"Tell them you won't! Explode on them!" He frantically said.

"There's no point. You know how my mom is." I replied, looking around.

There was a muscular man that caught my eye as he looked up from a piece of paper that he was holding and met my green eyes with his blue ones. He gave me a slight smile and I frowned at him and looked back at David.

"Who were you looking at?" He asked, frowning.

"Nothing." I lied.

He looked at me, unconvinced but didn't pry any further.

There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see who it was and frowned as I saw it was the blue-eyed guy from earlier.

"Are you Stacy?" His British accented voice asked.

I wasn't getting fooled by him but as I glanced at David, I saw him drool a little.

Yes, my best friend is gay.

"Who wants to know?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Her future husband." He smoothly replied.

David choked on his smoothie and started erratically coughing and the boy immediately started patting David's back politely.

"Well you're looking at her." I mumbled sadly.

"I know." He grinned.

I looked at him, confused and he sheepishly held up the paper he was looking at to show my picture on there.

Why didn't I get one?

"Because my father didn't send you a picture." 

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

Could he read minds? 

"I can read minds." He casually said, standing in front of me once again.

My eyes widened and he kept a straight face for about two seconds before he bursted out laughing.

"I'm just kidding. You're so gullible." He said between laughs.

I scowled and turned back to David who was still drooling over Zack.

"Lets go somewhere else David. I don't like it here." I ordered and stood up, walking away with a star struck David in tow.

""""""""""""""""""

I angrily shifted through the clothes as David went on and on and on about Zack.

"You're so lucky you get to marry someone hot like him AND get millions." He said dreamily.

"I don't want to marry him." I grumbled.

"Gosh, do you think I can marry him if you don't want to?" 

I chuckled despite my bad mood and replied "No offence David but I don't think he's gay."

David frowned and stopped talking just as I saw Zack walk into the shop. He came up to me and David and gave me a smile.

"Is there something you want here? I'll buy it for you." He said, a sparkle in his eyes.

"No." I stubbornly said, but fingered the shirt I've been holding for the past few seconds. I really wanted this shirt but I hadn't brought my wallet with me and David paid for the drink and...

The shirt was ripped from my wandering hands and into Zack's hand.

"This looks nice on you." He said, grinning wider.

"How would you know?" I snapped, grabbing it from him and shoving it back on the rack. "Lets go David." 

I walked off and glared at Zack with a look that said 'follow me and die'. He just stood there with his hands in his pocket and grinned at me. I turned and marched into a random store hoping that Zack wouldn't follow.

""""""""""""""""""

"Mom! I'm home with David!" I called out, closing the door behind me.

"Oh! Good honey! You're home. There's someone I want you to meet." She called back.

I trotted to the living room and heard David follow not to from behind me. I walked in expecting to see another one of my mom's friends but instead I saw Zack sitting formally on my couch.

"Stacy. This is Zack." She proudly said.

"Hello Stacy." He said smiling.

I groaned and shuffled my feet over to the seat across from him and David eagerly sat next to me.

"He bought you a gift too!" My mom said, holding up a shopping bag.

I snatched it out of her hands and poured the contents out to see the shirt I was holding earlier at the mall.

"I don't like it." I said, shoving it back in the bag and handing it back to my mom, completely ignoring Zack.

"Now now honey, be nice to Zack, he's your soon-to-be husband. He must've spent a long time finding this shirt." She pleaded.

I snorted and gave Zack a sideways glance as he gave me a knowing smile.

"Whatever. I'm going up stairs. Leta go David." I said.

I stood up and pulled David along with me up to my music room. I roughly sat on the chair and started playing the piano, the one thing thar could calm me down in any situation. David sat there calmly, letting the music run to him. I closed my eyes and let my long fingers run over the familiar keys to the same song I've been playing for the past few weeks.

"You're pretty good." The voice I have been trying to avoid said.

I gritted my teeth and opened my eyes.

"What is it that you want?" I asked. "We could just get married after I get out of high school and go about life as if we were never married."

"Oh. You don't know?" He asked.

I turned to him.

"Know what?" 

"I'm the Prince of England." He said matter-of-factly.

"You're what?" I gulped.

"Prince of England." He replied. "Which is why I can't go on pretending that we aren't married. Its bad for my reputation."

I sat there, stunned in silence with all this new information swarming around in my head.

"Are you okay Stacy?" David asked, his hand on my shoulder.

I wanted to tell him I was fine, that there was nothing to worry about but I couldn't find my voice. One thought ran through my head again and again.

I had shunned the Prince of England.


© 2012 Helen


Author's Note

Helen
Tell me what you think!♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is hilarious!! I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012
Tags: smile, birthday, smoothie, gay, funny, arrange, marry, prince, of, england, an, arranged, marriage, newspaper, school, shun


Author

Helen
Helen

Somewhere Far Far Away., CA



About
Hey so I'm Helen! I dunno who really reads this but why not write it anyways(: Here's some facts on me: • I have a dog and a bunny • I love to take picture although i suck at it • .. more..

Writing
Cyborgs Cyborgs

A Book by Helen


Smoothies and Boys Smoothies and Boys

A Chapter by Helen