Smoothies and Boys

Smoothies and Boys

A Chapter by Helen

I didn't want to go to school because if I did go, I would have passed another day of school and if I passed another day then I would be another day closer to having to walk down the hall with the man a barely knew. But despite all the thoughts running through my head, here I was, sitting in his red sports car as he sped to the school's parking lot.

I put my hand to the car's door to open it but I was quickly opened for me and I was met with Zack's charming smile. He held out a hand for me to take and I ignored it as I tried to get out of the car myself. I could already hear the whispers as I tried to get my jelly-like legs out of the car but wasn't able to. I glared at him as I took his hand and stepped out of the car while he pulled me out.

"If you didn't drive so fast then we wouldn't be having this stupid problem." I muttered as I tried to stand with his arm around my waist.

"Stacy!" I heard David call me as he came running up to us.

He stopped at a walking pace as soon as he saw me and Zack.

"Having trouble walking?" He asked, eyeing the arm at my waist.

Anyone who wouldn't have know David was gay was sure to think that he was jealous of me and Zack.

"This guy here drives too fast and makes my legs feel like jelly." I mumbled, finally gaining my legs back and abruptly letting go of Zacks hand.

"Are you sure it's just his driving?" David asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure." I mumbled as we walked through the hall.

Zack was following behind us and I could hear the whiperes clearly because most of them were the same thing.

"Oh my God. He's hot."

"Is he the new foreign exchange student?"

I scowled and walked faster, David catching up quickly used to my sudden speed changes, but however, Zack wasn't.

"Stacy! Wait for me!" He called after me, walking faster as well to catch up to me.

The gasps were heard clearly through the halls and the whispers changed.

"Stacy knows him?"

"How does she know him?"

I scowled even more and walked a bit faster. He started jogging after me as his steps got louder as he got closer until he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"What?" I spat as I turned around and glared at him.

"Woah." He said, holding his hands up in a surrendering guesture. "Is that how you should treat your future husband?"

"No, but that's how I should treat you!" I spat, still in my foul mood.

He raised his eyebrow. "Really? I didn't know you treated Princes like this." He said, smirking as he saw my face drop.

I felt my cheeks turn red and I quickly turned away and started walking off, David falling in step right next to me. Zack walked next to me too, finally catching up to my forever changing speeds.

"Why do you keep following me?" I mumbled, walking a bit faster.

"My locker was put next to yours and all my classes are the same." He said matter-of-factly. 

I gritted my teeth and held back the fact that I wanted to throw my books, backpack, heck even the students at him. I felt his warm hand pull my backpack off and I glared at him.

"What are you doing?" I snapped.

"I'm your future husband. I'll carry your books for you." He insisted, pulling my backpack off.

I pulled it higher on my shoulder and glares harder at him.

"I'm good. I have my own arms." I said, turning to my locker and spinning the code in.

David's was also next to mine as he opened his and I pulled it up in frustration as it wouldn't open. I did it another four times and it still wouldn't open. David put his hand on my frustrated hand and calmly pushed it away and opened my locker for me.

"And this is why we met." He mumbled, pulling it open.

Despite my anger, I let out a chuckle. He really knew how to make someone happy.

David was right, I could never open my locker 90% of the times I tried and David would help me so much that he remembered my code.

"Thanks." I replied happily ignoring Zack.

"Anytime." He replied. "I'm going to go off to my first period. See you later?"

"Sure." I said, smiling softly at him.

He left and I got my books out and slammed the door shut and started walking off to my first period with Zack in tow. We were several minutes too early for class but I took a seat quickly in a crowded table so that there were no seats around me for Zack to sit at. He gave me a pointed look and walked up to the girl sitting besides me.

"Do you think I could sit here?" He asked her.

She looked at him with a blank expression before realizing that he was talking to her and quickly moved without saying another word.

He sat down besides me with a smirk and I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

""""""""""""""""""

"Mom! I'm home!" I called out, quickly trying to close the door before Zack could get in, but he was stronger than me and pushed the door open with force, causing me to stumble backwards.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the floor.

"Honey, I forgot to" Oh!" She said.

I opened my eyes and let out a groan. Zack had caught me before I could fall and his worried face was me
I opened my eyes and let out a groan. Zack had caught me before I could fall and his worried face was merely inches away from mine.

"I'll let you two go do your stuff!" She cried, hurrying off. "There's a spare bedroom down here so you don't have to go far! Make me cute grandbabies!"

My face flushed red with embarrassment and Zack gave out a throaty chuckle. I quickly scrambled away from him and ended up falling off his arm and onto the floor anyways. I grimaced as the pain shot through my head.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes full of worry.

"I'm fine." I snapped, getting off the floor and into the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of milk and finished it in a matter of seconds, wiping the milkstashe off with the back of my hand. 

"You drink a lot of milk." He mumbled.

"Yup. I hold the record for downing milk in 4 seconds." I proudly replied.

"Then why are you so short?" He asked.

"I am not short!"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"You're short."

"I happen to be very tall, tallest in my history class."

"Well then the people in your school must be very very short. Like umpa lumpa short.." he said. "Hey! Do you think they can dance and sing?! The school can make a play in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!"

I scowled and dumped the cup in the sink, rinsing it over with water. 

"If you only followed me home to make fun of my school then you can leave now." I scowled even more.

"If you scowl so much, your face will stay like that." He said, completely ignoring my comment.

"Then let it be. You're just marrying me for the money anyways. Who cares how I look." I said, mocking my earlier scowl.

"Whatever." He said, turning around to walk out.

"If you're leaving, close the door behind you!" I called after him.

"Oh! Honey!" My mom's voice called out from who knows where. "He's living with us until you guys get married."

"Mom, stop joking around." I said, rolling my eyes.

"She's not." Zack called. "My father requested for me to stay with you."

I scowled and felt my cheek's tingle a bit. I rubbed my cheeks and pulled it up into a smile.

I hope my cheeks wont get stuck in a scowl. 

That'd be really ugly.

""""""""""""""""""

"Where are you?" I asked David over the phone.

"I'm at home why?" His deep voice sounded gruffly over the phone.

"Can I sleep over?" I begged.

"Sure but can I ask why?" 

"I'll tell you later. I'm planning a getaway." I responded, hanging up the phone.

I grabbed my Duffel bag full of clothes and peeked out of my door. The hallway was empty and so I sped out of the room and into the hallway, down the stairs and out the door yo hear my mom.

"Honey. Where are you going?" She asked. 

I quickly dropped my bag on the sidewalk and turned around to face her.

"Uh I'm going to David's." I responded.

"Okay. I'll see you later." She said and walked back to the kitchen.

I walked out and closed the door behind me, locking it with my key. I got into my car and drove off to David's familiar house. I rang the doorbell and David's mom opened the door and smiled softly at me.

She was the one that took the fact that David was gay very hard. She had cried for days and of course, I was there when David told her and I was there when she was crying her eyes out because I was there comforting her. She loved me so much after that that she saw me as one of her own.

"Hi Stacy." She smiled. "David's upstairs doing homework."

"Thanks mom." I replied smiling. Yes. I called her mom.

She saw me carry my Duffel bag in and asked "is something wrong at your house?"

I smiled softly at her. She always knew when there was something wrong.

"My mom is forcing me to marry the Prince of England." I replied.

"Wow." She replied, her eyes wide. "She really dug herself in this time huh?"

My smile got wider "I guess."

I walked up the stairs and into David's room without knocking and saw David sitting on his bed shirtless working on his homework.

David didn't act gay for most parts and so you couldn't really tell that he was gay unless he told you and let me tell you, if he wasn't gay, I'd br drooling over his body by now.

"What are you working on?" I asked, laying down on his big bed.

"Physics."he replied, his eyebrow knotted together in concentration.

"I'm sick of Zack." I whined.

"It hasn't even been a day of him following you around and you're already tired?" David replied.

"He called the people in our school umpa lumpas and asked if we could do a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory play." I mumbled.

David bursted out laughing, completely forgetting his homework.

"H-h-he what?" David asked between his laughs.

"It's not funny! He made fun of our school!" I argued.

"Gosh. I didn't know he could be hot, smart, AND funny." David daydreamed. "He's my dream guy."

I faked a gag.

"You like arrogant jerks with huge egos?" I asked in disbelief.

"No." He pouted. "I like hot funny smart guys."

"Yeah, everything Zack isn't." I pointed out.

"You're just jealous that you can't like someone like him." David scoffed.

I snorted but decided to let it drop.
"You never told me why you're staying the night." David said, quickly writing something down.

"My mom is making Zack stay over." I explained. 

"What?! You don't want to sleep with him and do dirty things?!" He asked, surprised.

"Of course not!" I all but shouted, but blushed anyways.

"Riight." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Grow up." I said, wrinkling my nose as I threw a nearby pillow at him.

"That was totally unnecessary." He said, chucking it back at me.

"Says the guy throw it back." I pointed out as I easily caught it.

"Whatever." He mumbled again.

"I'm bored." I complained after a moment of silence.

"You always are." He pointed out.

"Cause you're a boring person." I replied.

"Am not!" He gasped.

"Its true." 

"Fine. Lets go do something fun." He said as he put his pencil down and tugged me down the stairs.

"""""-----------------------------------------

After an hour and a half we ended up whipping up a bunch of cookies and cupcakes with no one to give them to.

"Oh! Let's give them to Zack!" David suddenly said.

"Why is it that every time we have a conversation it always ends up about us talking about Zack?" I asked.

"Because he's hot." David replied.

"That isn't a reason to be talking about him." I replied, shoving a cupcake in my mouth.

"Hey!" David scolded. He quickly hopped up from the couch and made me spit out the cupcake. "That's for Zack!" 

"What?!" I whined. "I'm hungry and he's not worth it!"

"Well he is to me." He replied.

I shook my head but secretly smiled to myself. Sometimes David was so much like a girl, I forget that he's a guy.

"""""""""""-----------------------

"Wake up!" David called as he jumped on me.

"Ow ow ow! Get off!" I cried, pushing his muscular body off of me.

"No cause if I do you'll go back to sleep!" He cried, latching himself onto me.

"I need sleep!" I cried back, prying his hands off me.

"But it's a school day!" 

"I can ditch! I'm marrying to Prince of England soon! I don't need school!" I cried, shoving his huge body off of me and onto the floor.

"Yes you do or you can't count your own fingers!" He cried.

"Yes I can!" I held up my fingers and ticked off a finger, saying a number each time. "See?"

"Goooooo! Wake uppppp!" David whined.

"No." I mumbled into my pillow.

"Fine." He said, getting off of me and walking out of the door.

I peeked through the warmth of my pillows and saw that he was actually gone. I let my eyes drift back to the much needed sleep and fell into a dreamless sleep.

All of a sudden I was lifted from my bed and slung over someone's shoulder. My eyes flew open in surprise and I was met with an unfamiliar back. I lifted my head to the best of my ability and saw David standing there and smirking.

Something in my head clicked and I looked higher to see dirty blonde hair.

"You're marrying me yet you sleep with another boy?" Hos voice asked as if knowing that I was looking at him. "Are you trying to ruin my reputation?"

"PUT ME DOWN ZACK!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Get ready for school. It'll be another day closer to our marriage." He said and dropped me on the bed. "I'll be waiting downstairs."

I crossed my arms and pouted but when I looked up at Zack, my expression dropped. His face was set in a stern look as if it were made of stone. He glanced at me and quickly turned away and left the room.

"What was that all about?" David asked, letting out a low whistle.

I ignored him and quickly changed into my clothes. By the time I was downstairs, it was almost time for school so I sat beside David and bit into a cookie from last night.

"What are you doing here?" Zack suddenly asked.

"Staying away from you." I mumbled. "But apparently its not working."

"Why did you decide to stay with a guy?" He pried.

"Its none of your business!" I shouted. "Why should you care anyways?! Its not like you care about me!"

His face hardened again, keeping emotions away from the world.

"All I seem to do around you is shout anyways!" I ranted. "Why did you choose me anyways?! Because I had more money than the other choices?! Because the others were snot nosed?"

He didn't reply, but he looked at me sadly and left the room.

Shouting. 

That was all I ever did near him.


© 2012 Helen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Point out any misspelled words for me please!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I LOVE IT!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012
Tags: shout, yell, gay, funny, an, arranged, marriage, love, hate, zack, boy, girl, problem, clothes, smoothie, cookie


Author

Helen
Helen

Somewhere Far Far Away., CA



About
Hey so I'm Helen! I dunno who really reads this but why not write it anyways(: Here's some facts on me: • I have a dog and a bunny • I love to take picture although i suck at it • .. more..

Writing
Cyborgs Cyborgs

A Book by Helen


Prince Of England Prince Of England

A Chapter by Helen