Myrtle And Her Drunk Fisherman Friend

Myrtle And Her Drunk Fisherman Friend

A Story by Ian Chris
"

This story looks at how wary a person should be about another.

"

Myrtle And Her Drunk Fisherman Friend.

Myrtle knew a fisherman who would like to drink a small flask of white rum before he went fishing. He would also smoke a few blunts of weed to 'settle himself'. He would do this for this three days. 

On the fourth day after his usual consumption he fell asleep. Normally he would have a little sleep in his boat on the sea known as Black River near Mandeville. Jamaica. He would put the anchor down to hold the boat and just 'chill' for a few hours. Yet on this day while he was sleeping somehow the rope that was attached to the anchor snapped and he drifted  away from the shore. 

The boat drifted a few miles away into the sea but the fisherman just slept. He didn't notice and just laid there peacefully in his boat, He had gone so far out it would be difficult  for the local boat police to attempt to rescue him.

A yacht full of rich Americans sailed nearby  but he sea was choppy and there was hard rain slashing down .Still the fishermen didn't wake up. The Americans on the yacht tried to hail him via a loud speaker but Myrtle's fisherman couldn't wake up. The weather turned even worse so one of Americans decides to dive off the yacht with a rope, swim over to the fisherman's boat and tie the rope around the boat's seat. The fisherman still doesn't wake up when the American climbs aboard the boat and tries to wake him after he attached the rope to the seat in the boat.

The American smiles to himself in the rain and wind as tries to wake up the fisherman. He leans in close to him and smells the rum and the weed. He dives back into the sea, swims back to the yacht and climbs back aboard. The yacht sail backs to Mandeville towing the boat behind them.

It is only when the yacht s eventually slows and docks at the pier and the men on the yacht pull the boat in that Myrtle's fishermen  friend wakes up.

The fisherman smile, looks around and says, "ras, me reach back. I wonder if Myrtle has cooked my dinner tonight.' The story went around the villages and everyone laugh at the line, "if Myrtle has cooked my dinner tonight ?"

When Myrtle heard the story she didn't like how people were laughing at her and asking her has "she cooked the dinner ?".

Yet it was Myrtle who was smiling when a few weeks later the fisherman was found in his boat, on the shore. He was smiling but he was dead. Some people say he was poisoned or he had drunk too much rum.

Nobody though could understand how for  a few weeks now the local obeah man was now having his meals cooked by Myrtle.


End.

© 2019 Ian Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 1, 2019
Last Updated on October 29, 2019

Author

Ian Chris
Ian Chris

London, United Kingdom



Writing
Ghost. Ghost.

A Story by Ian Chris


Retain. Retain.

A Poem by Ian Chris