The Flower Bed

The Flower Bed

A Story by Chloe
"

Strive to differ

"
One hundred and fifty years after today a man lives in a small, isolated, brick room. The room only has one window in its walls, that reveals a world. A world of beauty, a world of spring and blooming flowers. The man will sit in front of the window in a rickety wooden chair; in awe of the world's pulchritude. Outside of the man's window birds will hover above the flowers and trees; making music to sing too. Towering trees will stand tall and proud, but casting no shadow over the people below, as they walk cheerfully too their destinations. The man will wonder, wonder, wonder: Where do these people go?" for he is oblivious.
These people walk past his window, knowing that someone is watching them, they wear their best smile's. Then, after they pass his gaze, their grins fade. They no longer wear any expressions, for they have no feeling. They walk slowly to their business buildings. There they think of methods too mass distruct, cause hatred, war, violence, and selfishness. Then their thoughts, their disigns, travel to the factories; the hogs. There, they make the asumption physical. They publicize the plan of mass production. The factories will produce daisies. The factories will produce beautiful flowers.
The daisies are given a stem to stand on, water in that stem to survive on, and pedals to reach with. Then they are packaged, and shipped off. The daisies will be sent too other factories; factories of people. These people are given legs to stand on, blood in their veins to survive on, and hands and arms to reach with. Then a daisy is put inside of their chest; their heart. Then they are packaged and shipped off too factories and business buildings.
Every night, while the man sleeps in his isolated brick room, and dreams of the world outside of his window, an artificial person rips out their heart from their chest and plants that daisy in front of his window. So when he wakes the next morning he see's the world looking even more beautiful; heartfull and warm.

© 2008 Chloe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a unique future view! Imagine having a daisy in your chest! Kinda flowery don't you think! lol :)
I liked it. It flowed well, and was a thinker! It made me think about all sorts of what may be in many years..
Great Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


It's a nice, descriptive short piece. For the contest, it's not very clear on the man's age (teenager or not, in this case) so I'm unsure how it fits in. (You also have some typos scattered throughout.)

Still, good story. Good luck in the contest.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2008

Author

Chloe
Chloe

Seattle, WA



About
I am a 16-year-old young writer and I live in Seattle, Washington. I began writing when I was about nine. Then, I began to play some guitar and I realized that I had talent for music also. So poetry a.. more..

Writing
Picnic Picnic

A Poem by Chloe


Rival Rival

A Poem by Chloe