Days Past in a Life of Crime

Days Past in a Life of Crime

A Story by Ian Titian
"

A gang of criminals conduct a heist to rob a jewelry store. Heavily inspired by Quention Tarantino's masterpiece, Reservoir Dogs.

"

Days past in a life of crime

A Story By: Ian Titian



Chapter I

Preparations

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No no no, you don’t get it man, you don’t get it.” Said Reinfeld to the telephone. He was hastily moving around his apartment, already wearing his dashing black suit and white shirt complete with the black tie.

He was clutching the telephone in his right hand, as he scurried the place around looking for his black sunglasses with his left.

He accidentally knocked over a can of Coca-cola on his bedside table, and the content was spilled all over his sports magazines.

“S**t.” He muffled as he clumsily knocked over his bedside lamp while trying to tend to the mess.

            “What do you mean you can’t do it man, all you have to do is just tell Mr. Somber, I’ll be absent today. If he asks why I’m absent, just tell him I have some family business to attend to, alright? You got that?” He continued.

Reinfeld nearly tripped on the pile of his own dirty laundry and dropped the phone as he walked over the window on the other side of the room. 

“What’s in it for you? What the hell do you mean ‘what’s-in-it-for-you?’ s**t man, are you a friend or not? Look, just do what I tell you and come over to my place tonight alright?” He said as he turned around and knocked the pile of work papers on the table beside the window.

The papers flew in all directions and was scattered all over the place, adding more mess into the already very messy room.

Reinfeld took a very deep breath and groaned hard as he closed his eyes and lifted his head at the ceiling.

“What for!? To work on our end semester project you idiot, whatever else for?” Reinfeld was growing very impatient.

He turned back to the window and looked outside, to see if the black car was already there, waiting for him. It wasn’t

“Jennifer? Wha-come on Greg, you know better than to mention her name in front of me. We just got through.” Reinfeld was now digging through the piles of paper, still looking for his sunglasses. Finally, he found it. It was in the second drawer of the table, hidden beneath a comb and some pens.

He brushed the comb aside, picked up the glasses and bit one of the handles as he walked over to the mirror next to the front door to tidy himself up  with one hand (phone still in the other) before putting on the glasses.

“Don’t be a jerk man, come on. Please, pleaseee, just say OK ... Good, that’s what I wanted to hear.” Said Reinfeld finally as he turned the phone off.

 

“Damn, OK. That’s all he had to say, why did it have to drag out that damn long? I don’t get it.” Muffled Reinfeld as he walked back to the bedside table to set the wireless phone back to its place there.

He had barely moved a step when the phone suddenly rang again. Startled, Reinfeld turned quickly and grabbed the phone again. “Hello?” He blasted with a nervous voice, but the voice on the other line made him shudder.

Reinfeld was holding the phone very tightly with both of his drenched-in-sweat hands. He held it very closely to his right ear.

“W-why yes I am. Um ... Mr. Percipher isn’t it? Yes, yes sir. Understood sir, I’ll be right down. W-what was that? Oh of course, of course, Mr. Percipher. Got it. Y-Yes sir, I-I mean Percipher. Right, Mr. Percipher. Understood. I’ll be down in about five minutes. W-what was that? Oh yes, yes of course I got it, Mr. Percipher. Right, OK, got it.”

Reinfeld immediately slammed the phone back to its place and ran over to the window, this time tripping over the dirty laundry. With a loud groan, he pulled himself back up and clumsily walked over to the window.

Outside, on the side of the street, he saw a black BMW car parked and waiting. The window was half open, and Reinfeld could see that the man on the wheel had shoulder length brown hair, was wearing glasses, and was smoking. “Mr. Percipher.” Reinfeld muffled

He then returned to the bedside table and immediately reached into the lowest drawer. He pulled it open, and took a silver 9 mm. Caliber gun out.

“S**t. I’ll never forgive you for this, dad. Putting me through all this gangster s**t. Thank god Jennifer and I already broke up. She would never have forgiven me for this.” He mumbled nervously as he loaded his gun and cocked it.

After wiping his sweaty hands and face, he walked over to the mirror once more. “Just be cool, Reinfeld, just be cool. Just do what they say, be polite, and by the end of the day, this will all be over and you’ll be a having a cold can of coke with your old pal, Greg Withstone. Right, this will all be over by the end of the day.” He said to his reflection in an attempt to boost his confidence. It didn’t work though, he still looked pretty pale and sweaty, and his voice was still somewhat stuttery and nervous.

He brushed his hair with one hand, and with a loud gulp, exited his apartment and went downstairs and into the street to greet the black BMW waiting just outside on the other side.

“Mr. Reinfeld, nice to meet you.” Said Mr. Percipher while extending his arm to greet Reinfeld as he entered the car. The man had a slight irish accent.

“Pleasure.” Said Reinfeld as he sat down and shook Percipher’s hand.

Reinfeld was actually quite surprised to see that Mr. Percipher was actually a really friendly guy. Other than what he had seen from his apartment upstairs, Mr. Percipher also sported a thick brown beard, and also turned out to be really thin.

“You okay, Mr. Reinfeld? You don’t look too good. You ready to ride?” He asked.

“Oh, I’m okay Mr. Percipher, just nervous that’s all.” Reinfeld replied with a weak voice.

“Hmm. Well, I don’t blame you, kiddo. I mean, you’re still so young, how old are you anyway?” Asked Mr. Percipher.

“Twenty-four.” Answered Reinfeld.

“Hah, that’s intense, I myself didn’t start until I was thirty-seven. Want a cigarette?” Offered Mr. Percipher as he started up the car.

Their conversation continued throughout the ride.

“No thanks, I’ve never smoked before.” Said Reinfeld.

“You’ve never smoked before, doesn’t mean you’ll never start, right? That ain’t no kind of answer. Besides, almost everyone, no let me correct that, everyone  smokes where you’re going kid.” Percipher insisted.

“Well, if you insist.” Said Reinfeld as he took the cigarette and lit it.

Reinfeld still hasn’t calmed down, his eyes were darting from left to right, and sweat was still pouring down on his face. His hands were pressed against the dashboard, and he was wishing they would never reach their destination. In his mind he continually reminded himself, “Stay cool, Reinfeld just stay cool.”

“Geez, you’re not cooling down kid. What’s bothering you so much, has your dad never told you about his business?” Asked Percipher.

Reinfeld was taken by surprise, he took a deep breath, and decided to tell Mr. Percipher the truth.

“Well Mr. Percipher, to tell you the truth, my dad has talked to me about what he does for a living, he’s even taught me many of the rules and principles of the group, because he always told me when he retires, he’ll want me to fill his position. Hell, he even taught me how to use a handgun last summer.” He explained.

“Then what the hell are you worried about kid?” Asked a confused Percipher.

Reinfeld hestitated a bit. He was staring at the trees and streets and neighborhoods that they were passing, but as soon as the car slowed down as they reached a traffic light, he decided to spill it all.

 

 

“I never agreed with what dad had been doing, alright! I don’t agree with any of this! I’m not proud of him for doing this. In fact, I always try to hide it from my friends, whenever they ask me what my father’s job is, I answer he’s a salesman, and everytime he talks about his ‘work’ or his gang, everytime he wants to teach me something about the ins and the outs and the freaking BASICS of the gangster life, I try my best to shy away, either by leaving the room immediately, or changing the topic. I only took his gun lessons because he forced me to do it, alright. In fact, I only took THIS FREAKING JOB because he was DYING. IN. MY. ARMS! Okay? If he wasn’t dying back there I would’ve said a loud and freakin’ clear NO.”

As Reinfeld finished, the car suddenly sped again, the traffic lights had turned to green. Only then did he realize maybe he might’ve said a little too much to the mob boss’ most trusted executive. Reinfeld suddenly felt his heart drop a thousand feet.

He slowly turned his head to face Percipher, and was surprised to see that Percipher’s expression hasn’t changed much, if at all.

His eyes were fixed on the road, and both of his arms were still on the wheel, with a cigarette in his right.

“That so, huh?” He said simply.

“Look, Mr. Percipher. Please forgive me, this is my first time doing this crime business alright? I mean, forgive me, but I think it’s only natural for me to be nervous.” Reinfeld explained. This time around he sounded more tired and desperate than nervous.

“Look kiddo, I completely understand, you’re a good kid, you don’t agree with what your father is doing, and you’re only doing this job as a favor to him, because he was dying, correct? And, you’re especially nervous because this is the first time you’re doing something that  you don’t believe is the right thing, is that it?”

Reinfeld nodded. “It’s to be expected anyway, otherwise your father would’ve introduced us to you years ago, right?” Percipher added.

“Thanks Mr. Percipher, you finally understand.” Said Reinfeld.

“Of course I do.” Snapped Percipher.

“By the way, do you know what exactly happened to my father? I myself never got the precise details.” Asked Reinfeld.

“Of course I know.” Answered Percipher as the car turned right on an intersection.

“You were there?” Asked Reinfeld curiously as he backed his hands away from the dashboard. “Could you tell me the details, please?” He added to his question.

Mr. Percipher sighed and puffed his cigarette before he answered the question, “I guess I might as well tell you ...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

Reinfeld Sr.’s Story Part I:

Mr. Peacemaker

 

 

 

“I’ll be right over.” Said Mr. Reinfeld Sr. to the phone. He was standing calmly in the living room of his house, wearing the a dashing black suit and white shirt, complete with dark sunglasses and a cigar in his mouth.

“Oh, and is Mr. Derringer already there?” He asked as he tapped his cigar on the ashtray.

“Oh alright, alright. Got it. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Said Mr. Reinfeld before he placed the phone back in its place, and picked it up again immediately. This time he dialed a number and waited for the voice on the other line to answer as he puffed his cigar.

“Hello, son? Yeah, it’s me. I just got another job. No no no, wait, wait ... hold on ... hold on, I was just wondering if you might want to come along. Come on Junior, you’re already of age. Busy? What do you mean busy? Jennifer’s at your door!? Don’t lie to me son, You know I know you two broke up a couple of days ago. Hello? ... Hello?”

Mr. Reinfeld slammed the phone back into its place and walked over to the door. “S**t. One of these days, you’ll just have to be involved son, there’s no escaping it you know. It’s in your damn blood to be a damn gangster like your old man was.” He muffled to himself as the turned the key and opened the front door.

About fourteen minutes later Mr. Reinfeld Sr. arrived at a night club with a sign that says “closed” on the front door. He parked his red car, and made his way to the back door.

Inside the pub, about ten people were already waiting for him, all dressed in the same black and white attire.

The person who opened the back door to greet Reinfeld however, was a moustached old man with balding white hair wearing a striped shirt complete with suspenders. He had a slightly hunched back, a cigar in his mouth and was about as thin as a man could get.

“Ah, Mr. Reinfeld, how good to see you.” He greeted with a smile. His eyes seemed to have disappeared under his wrinkles as he was smiling.

“Good to see you too Joe.” Reinfeld smiled back.

“Please, come on in and have a seat, everyone’s already waiting for you.” Said Joe the bartender while motioning towards the table where the ten men were seated.

As soon as they saw Mr. Reinfeld approaching, they all stood up immediately.

Mr. Reinfeld saw that the spots in the red pub couch had all been taken, so Reinfeld was about to drag a normal chair from a nearby table, but a man with light brown hair and moustache quickly walked over to Mr. Reinfeld and stopped him.

“P-please Mr. Reinfeld, have a seat in the couch. I’ll take the chair.” He stammered.

“Thank you, Mr. Clockwork.” Said Mr. Reinfeld as patted the man on the shoulder.

“Mr. Revolver.” A fairly tall man with a smooth face and slick hair was the first to shake Mr. Reinfeld’s hand as he came over to the table.

“Hahah, good to see you Mr. Gatling.” Replied Mr. Reinfeld.

Mr. Reinfeld then proceeded to quickly shake the other nine men’s hand. One of them, Mr. Reinfeld didn’t recognize.

He was a young man with sandy hair combed neatly to the back.

“You must be Mr. Derringer, the new guy Big Boss Randy was going on about.

“Yes I am, pleasure for me to meet a senior such as yourself, Mr. Revolver.” Answered Mr. Derringer.

 

Mr. Reinfeld chuckled as he sat down. The other men quickly followed. “So, what were you guys talking about before I came along, hm?” He asked.

“Mr. Peacemaker was just telling us about his last job, and how he got shot three times.” Answered Mr. Gatling as he motioned towards one of the other guys named Mr. Peacemaker with his head.

“Oh yeah, I just remembered, you just got out of the hospital a week ago, didn’t ya?” Asked Mr. Reinfeld. “How’d it go again?”

“S**t, one of the guys was an undercover cop, what was I supposed to do? I mean, we were just there, we had just gotten what we wanted, and we were just getting away, when suddenly ... BAM!” Said Mr. Peacemaker as he pumped his right fist into his left palm.

Everyone around the table, including Mr. Reinfeld were all seriously listening Mr. Peacemaker’s story.

“We had just arrived in the warehouse seven right, where we promised to Big Boss Randy we would stash the expensive painting we had just stolen. I was walking in front of everyone else, Mr.... who was it, um, I believe his name was Renning something, he was walking beside me. Now the rat, the freaking rat, was walking at the very back of the group, behind everyone else. Me and the gang, we were discussing our success. We were relaxed, and we were proud of what we had just accomplished, so naturally we had absolutely no idea whatsoever, that the man walking at the very back, was loading his gun as were having a conversation about how of much of a freakin’ hero we thought ourselves were.”  Continued Mr. Peacemaker.

Mr. Reinfeld chuckled as he stubbed his cigar and reached for a new one inside his suit pocket. The rest of the guys were still hooked and listening to Mr. Peacemaker’s story.

 

Other than Mr. Clockwork who was also lighting a new cigar and a guy beside him called Mr.  Rifle who was sipping his drink, all of their gazes were fixed on Mr. Peacemaker.

“We heard him c**k his gun, but we thought absolutely nothing of it, whatsoever. Which is only natural right, we had our guards down. We thought nothing of him until we heard his gun click, but by then we were too damn late. He unloaded it on us, and I mean, freaking unloaded. By the time I had turned around about half a second after the first few gunshots were heard, two of the guys were already dead on the floor. More gunshots flashed before my eyes. As I was squinting, I immediately attempted to duck down and grab my pistol, but ... a sudden shot of shock came right through me. I fell down, and saw that my left forearm had been tagged, and blood was pouring and squirting out like crazy.”

 

“I cupped it with my left arm as I watched the two remaining guys crumble before me. Mr. Renning was hit about three times in the gut, he crumbled down immediately, while the other guy was using the suitcase filled with a gold as shield to protect his head. A few of the bullets were deflected, but he was shot in the knee soon after, and as he fell down, was hit in the head.” Peacemaker continued his story.

“Goddamn...” Said an old guy to his left named Mr. Shotgun.

“Continue, go on man ...” Mr. Gatling insisted.

Mr. Peacemaker took a large gulp out of his coffee cup before continuing on, “So, as I was saying, the guy who was using the suitcase as a shield fell down, right? Well, he fell on top of me! And another bullet hit him right in the chest. His blood was splattered all over me, but using his body as a shield, I pulled my gun out, and stood up.”

“I was quick, I dashed quickly and fired some shots blindly at first, but so did the little b*****d. As I was about to fire a third shot, I felt something to my gut, pain. PAIN. As if someone just hit my gut with a baseball really, really hard. I’m talking damn hard. I nearly vomited, but with my last strength, I focused my gaze forward, straight at the little b*****d, trying to ignore the pain, the sound and flashes of shots being fired and the whizzing of the bullets that sped right past me, and fired away. Three. Three shots, but all three hit. But not before I feel yet another jolt of extreme shock just below my left shoulder. Two of my bullets hit him straight in the chest, and one in the abdomen. His gun was immediately flung from his hand, and I could’ve sworn he himself was flung about a feet back when all three my bullets hit him. One of my bullets probably hit him straight in the heart too. It hit him hard in the heart.” Mr. Peacemaker finished.

“Holy s**t.” Said Mr. Derringer. Reinfeld could see that he was somewhat trembling and pale, and his eyes were wide with fear.

“How the hell did you get out of that situation? You were hit in the goddamn gut!” Asked Mr. Shotgun.

“You guys aren’t gonna believe this bit.” Answered Mr. Peacemaker with chuckle.

“Go on boy, we’re listening.” Snapped Mr. Shotgun.

“Alright,  alright. Just let me finish my coffee first.” Replied Peacemaker as he downed the rest of his coffee from the cup.

“So.” He continued as he set his empty coffee cup down. “As soon as I saw the little b*****d go down, I felt like my legs were failing me. I suddenly dropped down on my knees and then ... THEN the real pain sets in.”

 

“It was so painful in fact, that I feel it’s impossible to describe. Really, it felt like someone was continually stabbing me with a burning hot knife, constantly driving it in n’ out and in n’ out of my gut. Never mind the fact that I was bleeding profusely out of three different places. Anyway as I laid there, bleeding profusely, I thought I was gonna die. I honestly thought I was gonna die. But guess what happens next?” Asked Mr. Peacemaker.

“Well I’m willing to bet one-billion goddamn dollars what happens next is you not dying.” Snapped Mr. Gatling, and with that statement alone he had managed to instantly turn the quiet and serious pub filled with a bunch of gangsters into a chuckle house.

“Come on, come on guys, I thought you wanted to hear my story now, come on. What I experienced back then and there was anything but laughing matter.” Chuckled Mr. Peacemaker as he wiped a tear from his right eye.

“Alright, alright go on.” Said Mr. Reinfeld as he finished laughing himself.

“Right, where was I ... Oh right, goddamn dying on the warehouse floor!” Said Mr. Peacemaker, his voice suddenly raised. More laughter followed. Mr. Reinfeld could see that the new guy Mr. Derringer was also starting to lighten up.

“Right, anyways ... the warehouse door slammed open and a bunch, wait, no, more than a dozen cops stormed in immediately. Well, naturally I thought ‘s**t’ right, as they hurried over to me. But get this ... they tended to my wounds immediately since they thought I was the undercover cop.” Explained Mr. Peacemaker.

Silence.

“Yes yes gentleman, go on, take that in for a while.” Said Mr. Peacemaker as he laid back on the couch.

It took a couple of seconds before anyone said anything, but Mr. Derringer broke the silence. “H-how?” He asked.

“You see, apparently, this particular force that was sent into the warehouse had never seen their own undercover cop. My theory, is that the little b*****d was a new guy on the force, and most of the cops don’t even know him yet. They probably thought I fit the description they’ve been told about the undercover cop or something, and seeing that I was the only survivor left, they just assumed I was one of them.” Explained Mr. Peacemaker.

“Wait wait wait, hold on there pal, do you even LOOK like the rat you’re talking about?” Asked Mr. Reinfeld.

Mr. Peacemaker shrugged, “Well, maybe ... somewhat I guess.” He said as he raised both his shoulders. “I mean we both had brown hair, white skin, and we were about the same height. He didn’t have any features that stood out.”

“Neither do you.” Snapped Mr. Shotgun.

“Wait, do they even trust a new guy to be an undercover cop?” Asked Mr. Derringer.

“Beats me, I’ve never been with the force.” Answered Mr. Peacemaker.

“That was a miracle man, you should be pretty damn thankful to god for that.” Said Mr. Shotgun.

“Wait wait, that’s not the end of the story. What happens next? They take you to a hospital?” Asked Mr. Reinfeld.

“Bingo. As soon as I was awake at the hospital I asked to phone someone, I called Big Boss Randy and he transferred me to another hospital the very next day to get me all shaped up.” Answered Mr. Peacemaker.

“What happened to the gold?” Asked Mr. Gatling.

“Sadly it went to police after I passed out in the warehouse. We haven’t been able to retrieve it back so overall that mission was a big flop.” Said Mr. Peacemaker. “That’s why we better not mess this one up, or Big Boss Randy will be damned pissed.”

“You better not mess this job up. Last job I did turned out fine. But if this heist turns out to be another fail, he’ll probably think you’re goddamn jinxed.” Said Mr. Shotgun.

“Shut up old man, I ain’t takin your s**t anymore, alright? This job turns into a bloodbath like my last job, he’ll be pissed. Alright? That’s my goddamn point, he’ll be pissed at ALL of us.” Barked Mr. Peacemaker.

“Where is Big Boss Randy anyway!?” Asked Mr. Clockwork impatiently. “Late as usual?”

Just then, the back door of the pub slammed open, and Big Boss Randy himself stormed in, accompanied by Mr. Percipher.

“Speak of the devil.” Muffled Mr. Gatling as Big Boss Randy approached the table. He was wearing a black suit, but with a yellow shirt underneath, and he wasn’t wearing any sunglasses.

As Mr. Percipher was talking to Joe the bartender, ordering a couple drinks, Big Boss Randy slammed both of his large hands on the table. “So my little weapons ...” He said hoarsely. “You rascals ready for the big one?” He asked with a large smile on his face, followed by a loud and dry chuckle.

Mr. Reinfeld smiled back and stood up, followed by the other nine men. He said to them, “Boys, it’s showtime.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

Reinfeld Sr.’s Story Part II:

The Jewelry Heist

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Target  : Jolovka’s Jewelries

Type     : Heist

Mission: Take all the precious jewelries in the   store

Gang     : The Weapons

1.     Mr. Revolver (Reinfeld Sr.) " Staff control

2.     Mr. Gatling " Hostage Taker

3.     Mr. Shotgun " Hostage Taker

4.     Mr. Peacemaker " Crowd control front

5.     Mr. Clockwork " Crowd control front

6.     Mr. Rifle " Looter

7.     Mr. Derringer " Alarm Killer

8.     Mr. Flintlock " Crowd control back

9.     Mr. Snaplock " Crowd control back

10.             Mr. Bayonet " Driver

           

 

            “Snaplock and Flintlock’s in position, Derringer’s on his way. It’s time to make our move, you guys ready?” Asked Mr. Reinfeld Sr. to the five men huddled behind him, Mr. Gatling, Shotgun, Peacemaker, Clockwork, and Rifle.

They were on a fairly large but relatively quiet street with their backs pressed against the wall of a  large black building where a small blue neon sign that said Jolovka’s Jewelries stood on top of the entrance door.

The building on the right of the large jewelry store was a cafe, and on the left of the store was a small department store. About six or seven cars were lined across the street. The street itself might seem quiet with only a few pedestrians visibly walking around, however at the left end of it, was an intersection that all lead to much more crowded areas of the city. On the side across from the jewelry store, was a large parking lot with only five cars parked in it.

One of the cars, was a large white van, driven by Mr. Bayonet. It was parked facing the jewelry store, so that the gang and Mr. Bayonet could see each other. He flashed them a nod and a thumbs up.

“Ready. Let’s do this.” Answered Mr. Rifle. The other men nodded.

With that, the six men burst through the door of the jewelry store and whipped out their guns.

“EVERYBODY DOWN ON THE GODDAMN FLOOR!!! ON THE GOD.DAMN.FLOOR!!!” Shouted Mr. Peacemaker.

Initially, cries of terror and shock filled the place, but within seconds everyone inside the jewelry shop was already down on the floor with their hands pressed behind their necks, including the six security guards guarding the place. Some of the civilians were whimpering in fear.

“EVERYONE BE QUIET! BE QUIET! GODAMMIT!!!” Yelled Mr. Clockwork as he turned around frantically, his gun pointing straight at the civilians cowering on the floor.

“YOU ALL THINK WE’RE JOKING HUH!? DO YA!?” Blasted Mr. Gatling. He grabbed a man from the floor by the neck, stood him up, and pointed his gun straight at his head. The man was sweating bullets. He whimpered “Please don’t ...” as he raised both of his hands.

“TOUCH THE GODDAMN ALARM AND WATCH THIS LADY FLY TO HEAVEN.” Said Mr. Shotgun as he did the same thing as Mr. Gatling, only to a young woman with a pretty face and long blonde hair. The girl was crying as Mr. Shotgun placed the end of his pistol on her right cheek.

Meanwhile, Mr. Reinfeld and Mr. Rifle were walking up to the counter to handle the employees. “Wake up, the three of you.” Demanded Mr. Reinfeld.

The two girls and one guy who were behind the counter slowly and cautiously stood up.  Mr. Reinfeld himself was actually pretty weary, “Where the hell is Snaplock and Flintlock, and why the heck hasn’t Mr. Derringer joined in yet?” He thought to himself.

Mr. Rifle was  opening up a large brown sack next to him, but before Mr. Reinfeld could demand for anything to the staff, the door behind them suddenly blasted open, followed by the deafening sound of the alarm being set off. A security guard burst through the door, and unfortunately for Mr. Reinfeld and his gang, he had a pistol and was holding Mr. Derringer hostage.

“STOP!!! ANY OF YOU PIECES OF S**T MOVES, AND I’LL BLOW HIS GODDAMN HEAD OFF!!!” He roared as he walked towards the counter and slammed Mr. Derringer’s head on it. His pistol still was still pointing straight into the back of Mr. Derringer’s head.

The security guard was sweating buckets and he looked really, really pissed off. His mouth was open and his teeth were gritting. His heavy breaths were so loud everyone in the store could hear them.

The six men instantly froze in their places, and they all stared at each other and the security guard.

“I caught this little piece of s**t here messing with the alarms, thankfully I caught him in time.” Explained the security guard as he banged Mr. Derringer’s head on the counter once more. He panted and gasped in pain.

The silence lasted for a few minutes...

Until Mr. Flintlock suddenly burst through the back door and yelled, “WATCH OUT! SNAPLOCK’S DEAD, THE SECURITY GUARDS HAV”  before being shot twice through the chest and falling down. Dead. His blood splattered everywhere, and the store instantly broke into panic.

 Suddenly and unexpectedly, the six security guards stood up and each whipped out their own pistols. Mr. Reinfeld was about to pull out his own gun when he suddenly heard a loud bang.

He turned around and saw that Mr. Gatling had shot down his hostage. The man crumpled dead on the floor. This caused a couple of the security guards to unload on him. About six or seven bullets passed through his body, each one spilling blood all over the place before he fell down to the floor, dead.

The crowd went crazy, they screamed and yelled and ran all over the place. Mr. Shotgun slammed his hostage down to the floor and muffled “S**T!” Before shooting down one of the security guards who killed Mr. Gatling.

This caused the other security guards to go nuts. The one who was holding Derringer hostage pulled his trigger and Derringer’s head exploded on the counter.

His blooded splashed all over Mr. Reinfeld as he quickly turned and shot down the security guard who killed his poor young partner. Three bullets. The first two hit him on the chest and the last one hit his forehead.

Behind him, more gunshots were heard.

One of the security guards had shot down Mr. Shotgun. The old man crumpled to the floor with four bullet holes in his chest.

Mr. Reinfeld himself managed to kill two security guards as another managed to hit Mr. Rifle in the back of the head.

All the while the crowd was still very wild. They were screaming and yelling and pushing each other as they all hurdled themselves towards the door. A few stray bullets from both sides actually hit some of the civilians.

One man was hit in the shoulder, and another one had a bullet chop a part of his ear off.

The man screamed in pain and knocked over a glass case encasing an emerald necklace.

Mr. Peacemaker scrambled towards the back door. “OUT OF MY WAY!!! MOVE!!!” He yelled as he pushed some panicking civilians down to the floor. To his surprise, he came face to face with three newly-arrived security guards, all with guns ready in their hands. He was quick and managed to shoot down two of the security guards, however not before one of them shot him in the belly. The third one also managed to shoot Peacemaker in the left shoulder before he himself was shot down by Mr. Clockwork. He crumpled next to the dead Mr. Flintlock and the screaming Mr. Peacemaker. “SHIIIIT!!! NOT AGAIIIN!!! AAGGH!!!” He yelled and screamed in pain as he clutched his stomach.

Mr. Clockwork dashed and jumped over him and the two dead bodies next to him.

“Sorry Peacemaker.” He said quickly as he exited through the back door. Two shots were fired behind him, but all missed slightly.

Mr. Reinfeld managed to shoot down two more security guards amidst the chaos. By the time he thought every single security guard in the building was dead, the chaos was no longer inside, but outside.

All of the civilians who had not been hit had managed to run outside, and there were screams, shouts for help, yelling, and scrambled footsteps to be heard from outside. Nevermind the fact that loud police sirens were also heard closing in from the distance.

Mr. Reinfeld took one last look at the blood splattered mess of a jewelry shop, before dashing towards the front door. He pulled out his walky talky and screamed “CODE RED!” into it.

 

As Mr. Reinfeld was about to push the front door open however, he heard a noise from behind him. He, however, noticed too late, as by time he turned around to check, a bullet had hit him flat in the stomach. One of the security guards who were hit didn’t turn out to be dead yet. The force of the bullet he took was strong enough to push him through front door and into the pavement outside.

He fell down hard on his back in with an “oof” in front of a confused and surprised Mr. Clockwork, who had just arrived at the front after exiting through the back.

Within seconds, Mr. Bayonet’s white van pulled up in front of them after doing a 360 flip and hitting a civilian in the process, so that the back door of the van would be facing the jewelry shop.

Mr. Clockwork then immediately opened the back door of the van and hauled the wounded Mr. Reinfeld inside before climbing in.

Before he had a chance to close the door of the van however, the front door of the jewelry shop burst open and the wounded security guard who shot Mr. Reinfeld staggered out while clutching his wound with his left hand, and a gun in his right.

He pointed it straight at Mr. Clockwork, but Mr. Clockwork was quicker, he managed to shoot three bullets at the guard. All of which hit him in the chest. He watched  the guard fall down as Mr. Bayonet suddenly stepped the gas pedal with all his might. He was flung back as the van sped through the street, and past the intersection. Mr. Clockwork only had the chance to close the van door as they were speeding through the highway.

They passed a couple of cop cars, and their loud deafening sirens followed the van for a while until Mr. Bayonet’s tricky and slick maneuver managed to shake them off their trail.

“What...the hell...happened?” Mr. Bayonet managed to sputter out as they were speeding through many blocks.

“It was a...goddamn...failure...” Answered Mr. Clockwork in between breaths. He was sprawled on the back floor of the van with his hands on the seats.

“Who knew...the guards...had GODDAMN HANDGUNS!?” He blasted.

“And Mr. Derringer ... he didn’t ... disable the goddamn alarm ... soon ... enough ...” He continued with his gasping breaths.

“S**t.” Muttered Mr. Bayonet as he reached into the glove box for a bottle of water. He tossed it into the back and it landed in front of a wheezing Mr. Clockwork.

Meanwhile, Mr. Reinfeld was falling in out of conciousness. He was still in pain and was clutching his wound tightly. “I ... can’t ...” He managed to spit out.

“Just ... take it easy ... Mr. Revolver, please ... you’re ... gonna be ... fine ...” Mr. Clockwork stammered as he downed half the bottle of water.

Mr. Reinfeld passed out again.

“S**t ... s**t ... my damn ... heart’s beating so damn fast ... I think I’m gonna ...” Choked Mr. Clockwork before passing out himself. The bottle of water he was holding was dropped and the water spilled everywhere.

“Holy s**t ...” Muttered Mr. Bayonet as he took out his handphone and dialed Big Boss Randy’s number.

“Hello, Big Boss Randy?” He blasted into the phone. “No no no, Big Boss, it was the very opposite of success. I only got two guys back here with me, Mr. Revolver and Mr. Clockwork. Both of them’s passed out, and Mr. Revolver’s got a damn bullet hole in his gut. NO! I DON’T know exactly what happened, and the rest of the guys, they’re either dead or caught.”

“Again, I do NOT know the details, all I know is, the place turned into a bloodbath, gunshots were heard, civilians panicked and scrambled out, the alarm was tripped, and the cops were coming. I got a call in my walky talky from Mr. Revolver saying code red, and so I pulled up over there, ignoring the chaos. Apparently then, Mr. Revolver got shot, and Mr. Clockwork helped him enter the van, that’s it. They were the only people who made it out in time before I stepped on the damn gas pedals. Yeah, yeah Big Boss, holy s**t. Look, right now I’m driving over there, could you please, please arrange a doctor for my two passed out partners here? Thanks. What was that? No no, don’t worry, I’ve got no cops currently tailing me, I’ve lost them ... Yes, that’s all. Thanks Big Boss, I’ll be there in ten minutes. Please call the doctor now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

Reinfeld Jr.’s Story Part I:

The Jewelry Heist Part II

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s the story. They managed to treat Mr. Reinfeld in time and he lived.” Said Mr. Percipher. “I bet you’re thankful to god for that huh?” He asked.

Reinfeld didn’t answer. He simply turned and looked outside the car window.

“As soon as he was awake, he had a little conversation with Big Boss, and he asked to call you.” Explained Mr. Percipher. “That’s all I know.”

Reinfeld was still silent.

“What did he tell you?” Asked Mr. Percipher once again.

“I ... he told me he has an unfinished business that I need to finish.” Reinfeld finally answered.

Mr. Percipher looked at him for a few seconds, as if waiting for a continuation, but Reinfeld didn’t give it.

“Why would my father’s boss trust an important job like this to an amateur kid like me anyway? I don’t get it.” He snapped.

“Well ... the man’s a hard one to predict kiddo. As far as I know, he’s running out of men. Heck, seven people were killed in that heist your father took part in.” Answered Mr. Percipher.

“Well even if you’re running out on men, if it was me I wouldn’t just go out there and recruit ... I don’t know, a homeless person or a beggar or somethin’, I mean ... would you!?” Said Reinfeld.

“Tsk. Well you ain’t a beggar are you?” Said Mr. Percipher.

“It doesn’t matter, Mr. Percipher! Fine, let me rephrase that. You wouldn’t just go out and collect strangers to do your job.” Said Reinfeld. His voice was raised and he was getting frustrated at Mr. Percipher.

“You ain’t no stranger to him either. You’ve met the guy.” Answered Mr. Percipher coolly.

“Damn you Mr. Percipher! You know what I’m talking about! I’m super hot here! Don’t play with me sir. Please! I’m goddamn blowin’ up here!” Yelled Reinfeld as slammed the back of his sweaty right palm on the dashboard.

“No kiddo, you’re cooling down.” Said Mr. Percipher.

That answer caught Reinfeld off guard. He slowly turned away from his car window and looked at Mr. Percipher. “What was that?” He asked with widened eyes.

“Don’t you see, when you first entered this car you were a weak, whimpering, nervous little puppy. But now, you’re a barking dog. You don’t give one damn s**t about the fact  that you’re talking to a mob boss’ personal assistant. He toys you around, you get mad.”

“That’s good boy, that’s what I was getting out of ya. I don’t want you to be nervous alright, I want you to be strong, I want you to be fierce. You know why? Because that’s the kind of personality that Big Boss Randy likes. He hates whimpering, nervous cowards.” Said Mr. Percipher.

Reinfeld was silenced instantly.

“Now look, to answer your question from earlier ... why he trusts you ... It’s because he has high hopes for you. You’re the only son of one of his top executives. Your dad and Big Boss Randy are really really good friends, boy. He really trusts him, and he knows he’s trained you and told you about the business from time to time, so naturally he trusts you too. Your character is no stranger to him. Don’t show him you’re afraid of him, show him you respect him. Just ... treat him like you would a business assosciate of your father, not a mob boss. Now ... I managed to turn you from a nervous kid to a man who can defend himself, but with respect.”

“That’s good. But now, the last step is for you to be cool, alright? You were strong, but you weren’t acting like a professional. I need you to be cool and professional. Can you do that?” Asked Mr. Percipher.

Reinfeld stayed quiet.

“I repeat, Can.You.Do.That?” Asked Mr. Percipher once again.

“Yes I can, sir.” Said Reinfeld coolly as he straightened his suit and laid back on his chair. His eyes were locked straight at the road before them.

Mr. Percipher smiled widely.

About ten minutes later, they arrived at Big Boss Randy’s night club. As usual, the sign at the front door says closed.

As soon as they both got out of the car, Mr. Percipher directed Reinfeld towards the back.

All the while, Reinfeld was trying really really hard to do what Mr. Percipher told him. “Be cool, professional, and strong.”

“Ah, Mr. Percipher!” Said Joe the bartender as he opened the back door of the pub and led the men inside.

“And you must be Mr. Reinfeld Sr.’s son, Mr. Reinfeld Jr., am I correct?” Asked Joe heartily to Reinfeld.

Reinfeld smiled and shook the old man’s hand. “That’s correct, I’m Reinfeld Jr.” He said calmly.

Inside the pub were about seven people, including Mr. Percipher and Reinfeld . A fat man was talking to a skinny looking fellow at the far end of the pub. Reinfeld recognized the fat man immediately. It was Big Boss Randy. It seemed to Reinfeld like he was discussing some very serious business with the other guy.

On the bar counter were two people, and they were both wearing the same black and white attire as Reinfeld.

“Big Boss Randy’s still busy. Let’s wait over here with these fellow.” Said Mr. Percipher as he led Reinfeld towards the two men.

“Mr. Silver, Mr. Bronze.” Greeted Mr. Percipher as he shook the two men’s hands.

“Percipher.” Said Mr. Silver. He was the taller guy with a brown hair, thick moustache and goatee. He didn’t seem very friendly. The guy next to him whom Mr. Percipher called Mr. Bronze was a tad shorter with shoulder-length black hair and no facial hair.

“Have you guys met Reinfeld Jr?” Asked Mr. Percipher to the guys as he patted Reinfeld on the right shoulder.

Reinfeld quickly extended his hands to shake both Mr. Silver and Mr. Bronze’s hands.

“Reinfeld’s kid huh?” Said Mr. Bronze smugly.

“Correct.” Answered Reinfeld, accompanied by a nod.

Before the four guys could continue their conversation, the guy who was talking to Big Boss Randy suddenly came up to the bar and slammed some money on the counter. “Joe, a pack.” He exclaimed.

“Mr. Clockwork.” Greeted Mr. Percipher to guy. He was a pale and thin, almost sickly looking man with straight hair combed to the right.

“Ah, Mr. Percipher.” He said as he hunched a bit and shook Mr. Percipher’s hand.

As Mr. Clockwork opened up his pack of cigarettes and took one out, Mr. Percipher introduced him to Reinfeld. “Mr. Clockwork, meet Mr. Reinfeld Sr.’s son.” He said.

 

Mr. Clockwork looked quite surprised hearing that. He immediately hunched forward and shook Reinfeld’s hand as well. “Reinfeld Jr.? Pardon me, I didn’t know.” He said with a cigarette in his mouth.

“So, you’re gonna attempt to do what me and your dad failed at? Good luck kid, you’re gonna need it.” He exclaimed as he suddenly took out his gun.

Reinfeld nearly backed away before Clockwork slammed it on the bar counter. “I’ll be on vacation for a while Joe, keep these will ya?” He said as he reached into his suit and pulled out the cartridge for the gun. Then, without another word, the man nodded towards the four men seated in front of the counter and left.

Just then Mr. Percipher stood up and told the other guys, “Come on, Big Boss Randy’s telling us to come to him.”

Just then, Joe opened the back door of the pub and four men stormed inside. “The rest of the gang.” Whispered Mr. Percipher as they continued walking towards Big Boss Randy’s table.

Although Reinfeld was doing his best at being calm, his heart was still beating rather fast as he walked.

“Reinfeld Jr.” Greeted Big Boss Randy as Reinfeld reached his table, followed by the other guys. He was laid back in the couch, wearing a light green shirt and a black suit. He extended his arm to shake, and Reinfeld took it immediately. “Sit down gentleman.” Ordered Big Boss Randy after shaking the men’s hands.

The four other men who just entered also joined in. “Sorry, the traffic killed us back there.” Said a moustached man with the neatly combed brown hair before sitting down. His face was very thin and frail, with very prominent dimples and potruding cheek bones.

“It’s okay Mr. Sapphire, I myself just got done taking care of some important business myself. You came right on time, even though I would have preferred if you came earlier, like the rest of these guys.” Said Big Boss Randy as he eyed the man sharply.

Mr. Sapphire didn’t answer. He simply pulled out a cigarette from under his suit and lit it.

“S**t. He’s not the kind of guy I’d like to be around with.” Thought Reinfeld as he observed Mr. Sapphire from the side of his eye.

Reinfeld turned his side-stare immediately the moment he felt Mr. Sapphire take a glance back at him.

“Alright now gentleman. Let’s go over the plan once again, shall we? Just in case some of you ramblers have forgotten.” Exclaimed Big Boss Randy to quiet everyone down.

“Now then, first things first. I’m sure you all remember that the caper will take place today at midnight, continuing onto tomorrow. The reason for that is, well, the ultimate failure of the last heist. That took place in the afternoon, and turned into a goddamn bloodbath that got 7 of my precious soldiers killed, and one severely wounded. Little Reinfeld Jr.’s old man here.” Continued Big Boss Randy as he tossed Reinfeld a glance.

Reinfeld tried to avoid all the glances of the other men that soon followed by looking down and adjusting his tie.

“Now then, the plan will still be the same. Two men sneak into the back. Ruby, Emerald, that’s your job. Only now, since the heist will take place when the store is closed, there will be no need for crowd control. All I need is men carefully observing the situation both inside and outside.” Explained Big Boss Randy quietly and strictly as all the men huddled close to hear him.

“Make sure there are no cops nearby, and when there are still some armed security guards cruising around, take them out as swiftly as you can. Avoid shooting if all possible. Shooting is the last resort. I really don’t want another bloodbath to clean after, and I sure as hell don’t want another man of mine killed. You all got that?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

One of the men who came with Sapphire suddenly raised his hand. “Where’s Mr. Gold?” Asked the man before Big Boss Randy even had a chance to say another word.

“Mr. Gold is on a plane right now, Mr. Jade. He just got done doing a job for me on Paris. He’ll meet with you guys tonight, before the caper.” Answered Big Boss Randy.

Reinfeld was the next to raise his hand. “What’s my position again?” He asked.

“You’ll be outside, guarding the entrance.” Cut Mr. Sapphire before Big Boss Randy even opened his mouth to answer.

“Ahem " Yes, you’ll be doing the easiest job, Mr. Diamond. You’ll be guarding the front door.” Confirmed Big Boss Randy.

“Now then, anymore questions?” He asked.

No one else raised their hands.

“Good. Now we wait ...” Said Big Boss Randy as he laid back on his couch once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Target  : Jolovka’s Jewelries

Type     : Heist

Mission: Take all the precious jewelries in the   store

Gang     : The Gems

1.     Mr. Sapphire " Staff control

2.     Mr. Ruby " Staff control

3.     Mr. Emerald " Looter

4.     Mr. Jade " Driver

5.     Mr. Gold " Alarm killer

6.     Mr. Silver " Stakeout back

7.     Mr. Bronze " Stakeout back

8.     Mr. Diamond (Reinfeld Jr.) " Stakeout front

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reinfeld shuddered under the cold wind that blew past the cold, quiet street that night. He glanced at the sky above him. The moon kept appearing and disappearing under the dark, moving clouds.

He rubbed his palms together and looked at his watch. Ten-minutes past midnight.

He was standing just outside the front door of Jolovka’s jeweleries. He could hear some sounds from inside, but so far nothing that could attract the police’s attention.

“So far so good.” He muffled as he cupped both his hands on his mouth.

At the far end of the parking lot, was the same white van used on the first heist, only this time, Mr. Jade is the one behind the wheel.

“It’s almost over, Reinfeld. It’s almost over. All you’re gonna do, is drive back with the gang and deliver the jewelries to Big Boss Randy, bid them goodnight, then go home.”

Reinfeld kept repeating that same thought over and over as he walked back and forth in front of the jewelry store entrance door. That thought however, was broken when two gunshots were suddenly heard inside the jewelry store.

Reinfeld quickly turned around and prepared his gun. He pulled it out and cocked it immediately. “S**t. So much for it’s almost over, huh?” He thought.

Before he could so much as touch the entrance door however, Mr. Sapphire burst through carrying a large black suitcase, followed by Mr. Emerald and Mr. Ruby.

“Quickly, someone could’ve heard that.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he signaled for Mr. Jade to drive the van over to them.

“What happened in there!?” Asked Reinfeld anxiously.

“Things got complicated, we had to shoot.” Said Mr. Ruby.

“But Big Boss Randy specifically told us not to shoot!” Reinfeld protested.

“To hell with what Randy said! Get in the van, now! The cops might already be on their way now if they heard our gunshots!” Yelled Mr. Sapphire as pulled open the back doors of the van.

Mr. Ruby and Mr. Emerald quickly climbed inside, but Reinfeld was a little hestitant. He kept looking around and back at the jewelry store behind them.

“The hell are you waitin’ for!? Get in!” Yelled Mr. Sapphire as he tugged Reinfeld by the shoulders and pushed him into the van.

“W-wait, what about Mr. Gold, Silver, and Bronze!?” Asked Reinfeld.

“Dead!” Said Mr. Sapphire as he slammed the doors of the van closed, before climbing into the front seat.

“D-Dead!? S**t, h-how are we gonna explain this to Big Boss Randy, man?” Said Reinfeld as he brushed his hair back. He was sweating even though the midnight weather was really cold.

“We’re not going to Big Boss Randy.” Said Mr. Jade, the driver.

Mr. Sapphire tossed Mr. Jade a somewhat surprised glance.

“Why not, might as well tell the kid. He’s not going anywhere now that he’s with us anyway.” Said Mr. Jade defending his position.

“Fine, might as well ...” Said Mr. Sapphire finally. “Long story short, we’re running off with the stones kid, we’re not coming back to the Big Boss Randy.” He explained.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

Reinfeld Jr.’s Story Part II:

The Getaway and Capture

 

 

 

 

 

Reinfeld opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out. He was at a loss for words. “T-t-the hell!?” Was all that he managed to spit out after a few seconds.

Reinfeld then cleared his throat and rubbed his neck before yelling, “W-what the hell do you mean we’re not going to Big Boss Randy!? He’s your boss! Your goddamned BIG BOSS!”

“Not anymore! We’ve all had it with him, kid. Me and my gang here, we’ve been on his force for two years, and all we’ve gotten from him is s**t! That’s what he treats us, like s**t! I’ve wanted to quit since months ago, but he wouldn’t let me! We had a fight that day, and he nearly blew my head off. Then, he forced me into an agreement, I’ll work for him without pay for three months, or he’ll hunt me down. That’s utter bullshit! Just to set an example to his other employees who get into a fight with him.”

“No way I’m taking that sort of deal. To hell with Big Boss Randy! He hasn’t signed me an important job since that day, and the moment I heard he needed me for this one important caper, my mind was set. Me and my gang here, we’ve devised an escape plan the day we agreed to that job. That plan’s going great so far.” Explained Mr. Sapphire.

“What ... s**t ...” Said Reinfeld weakly. He couldn’t believe what he had gotten into during his first day on the job. He slumped into the floor of the van and rubbed his forehead with one hand.

Suddenly, Mr. Sapphire cocked his pistol and turned to face him. Mr. Ruby and Mr. Emerald also prepared their guns.

“Now kid, concerning you ... now that you know all this, there’s two choices you can take...” Said Mr. Sapphire.

 

Reinfeld was once again at a loss for words, his jaw dropped and he nearly choked, but that didn’t bother the other gangsters.

“Choice number one ... You come with us and become a member of my gang. Now, if you choose this option, you will do exactly as I say for the rest of the trip, and all that I ask from you is ... you stay quiet. We will discuss our further moves once we get to the warehouse.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“W-warehouse? What warehouse!?” Snapped Reinfeld suddenly. He quickly shut his own mouth the moment he realized he had said something out of turn, right after the armed gangster before him told him to be quiet.

“Ah yes ... one final part of my plan you might as well know ... I’m not just going to cheat Big Boss Randy over this one bag of precious jewelries, I’m comin’ to raid his secret warehouse where he keeps all the precious stones he had stashed over the years.”

“That’ll really teach him to mess with me and force me to work for three months without pay.” Explained Mr. Sapphire.

“H-his personal stash of treasure? How do you know where it’s located!?” Asked Reinfeld.

“Mr. Jade here did some digging in Big Boss Randy’s office one day while he was out, and discovered the precise location. Normally, only Big Boss Randy himself and a few other top executives, such as your dad and Mr. Percipher among a few others, know this information.” Answered Mr. Sapphire as tapped Mr. Jade’s right shoulder.

“Won’t anybody be guarding it?” Asked Reinfeld once again.

“We’ve got it all taken care of.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he motioned towards the gun he was holding.

“S**t ... you’re screwing him over real good.” Commented Reinfeld. He took a deep breath and looked outside the window. Light rain was pouring outside on the dark roads. They were driving across a part of town he had never seen before. The scenery outside was really hard to see because of the darkness and the rain which progressively gets heavier, but Reinfeld was sure that even when it was daylight outside, he still wouldn’t recognize the part of town they were driving across.

“Now then, back to you ... your other choice is that you could whine and b***h all you want, all the while disobeying my orders, and get a barrage of bullets shot through parts of your body of your own choosing. Well, what’ll it be, hmm?” Continued Mr. Sapphire.

Reinfeld was paralyzed with fear.

Mr. Jade suddenly pushed the break pedals and pulled over on the side of the road. He himself then turned over to face Reinfeld.

Now, Reinfeld had four guns pointed at his head, and all four were ready to fire at any moment.

“We’re not giving you much time to choose kid, about ten seconds will do, and the default choice, unfortunately for you, is the second one.” Said Mr. Sapphire calmly.

“I would choose the first one if I were you kid.” Said Mr. Emerald.

“Ten...” Said Mr. Sapphire, beginning his countdown.

“O-one!” Shrieked Reinfeld.

All four of the armed gangsters looked at each other couriously.

“I " I choose the first choiche. I agree to work with you.” Repeated Reinfeld.

“Good for you.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he clicked back the safety on his gun, and put it aside. All the other guys followed.

“I say you’re a smart one kid, we offered Mr. Gold, Silver, and Bronze the same choiches, but instead, they pulled out their guns and whipped it at us. They chose to remain loyal to Big Boss Randy. Guess some people are like that, huh?” Said Mr. Ruby.

“W-wait a minute, are you saying you guys killed Mr. Gold, Silver, and Bronze?” Asked Reinfeld, almost surprised, but not quite.

“We had to.” Said Mr. Jade.

“Hm.” Said Reinfeld. He then stayed quiet for the rest of the drive.

About fifteen minutes later, they arrived at a moderately large warehouse guarded by two men on the front door.

“Just watch, kid. Oh, and say nothin’.” Said Mr. Sapphire. “The rest of you, you remember the plan right?”

The other three guys all nodded before they got out of the van, followed by Reinfeld.

The heavy rain was still pouring down hard, and it washed over the five men as they approached the warehouse. The two men guarding, also dressed in black and white, also approached them.

“Mr. Sapphire.” Greeted one of them.

“Sudden order from Big Boss Randy, we need to move the stash now.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“What!? Why!?” Asked the other guard with a confused expression on his face.

“Some sick b*****d leaked the location of this warehouse to the police. We need to move the loot fast.” Explained Mr. Sapphire.

“What!? S**t! Dawn, open the gates!” Ordered one of the guards to his partner.

“Roger that.” Replied the guard named Dawn as he walked over to the warehouse gate and unlocked it.

“Wait a minute ...” Said Dawn suddenly just as he finished unlocking the gates. He turned around to face Mr. Sapphire and asked, “How come Big Boss Randy hasn’t told us about this yet?”

Mr. Sapphire didn’t answer, instead he quickly pulled out his pistol and in one swift motion, he shot down Dawn. It hit him straight in the chest, and he died instantly.

Before his partner could react, both Mr. Emerald and Mr. Ruby pulled out their guns and barraged him with bullets. He managed to pull out his gun and scream, “S**T!” before the bullets all went through his torso, flinging him back a couple feet and killing him.

Reinfeld didn’t let out a single comment. He simply frowned and squinted his eyes behind his sunglasses as the rain washed over him. Though it was the first murder he had ever personally witnessed, he saw it coming and thus didn’t really freak out.

“Sorry bout’ that fellas.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he slipped his gun back into his belt. “Now let’s get these poor saps inside the warehouse, shall we gentleman?” He added as he tugged Dawn’s leg and dragged him inside.

“Get the other guy, Diamond.” Told Mr. Sapphire to Reinfeld just before disappearing into the warehouse.

Reinfeld gulped and crouched beside the other dead guard. “God save my soul.” He thought as he pulled the corpse by the leg and followed Mr. Sapphire into the warehouse.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jade went back into the van and brought out two mops. He tossed one to Mr. Ruby and they both scrubbed the trail of blood that was left behind. “Thank god for the rain, making this a thousand times easier.” Said Mr. Ruby as he scrubbed away.

“Best of luck gentleman.” Teased Mr. Emerald before following Reinfeld and Mr. Sapphire to the warehouse.

“Where shall I put him?” Asked Reinfeld, still holding the corpse by the legs, also while fighting his nausea.

“The corner’ll do.” Answered Mr. Sapphire, pointing towards the corner of the warehouse. “Right next to Mr. Dawn’s body.” He added.

As Reinfeld finished doing what he was told, the other three guys entered the warehouse, with Mr. Jade closing the door behind them.

“Now then, where is it?” Asked Mr. Emerald enthusiastically as he rubbed his palms together.

“Well, we’re just gonna have to begin our search to find out.” Answered Mr. Sapphire. “Diamond, you look too!” He added.

Once again, Reinfeld had no choice other than to give in and do what he was told.

 

Even though he was searching for a stash of precious items possibly worth millions of dollars, all the money he could ever want, Reinfeld didn’t feel even the slightest hint of enthusiasm. He just pushed away, and looked, boxes after boxes without saying a single word.

After about ten minutes of searching around, Mr. Jade finally shouted, “Here it is!”

Everyone else, excluding Reinfeld, rushed over to him immediately.

“Well done, Mr. Jade!” Said Mr. Sapphire. From where he was standing, Reinfeld could see that Mr. Jade had uncovered the stash, bags after bags of precious jewelries and gems of all kind, gold, silver, and diamonds.

“Hey Diamond, take a load of this!” Shouted Mr. Ruby.

Reinfeld was just about to walk over to the other guys when the front door of the warehouse suddenly burst open.

Mr. Sapphire and the others all jumped back and stared at the guys who just barged through the door. They slowly walked towards the center of the warehouse to come face to face with them.

All five of the men who just came were wearing the same black and white suits. “Hello Mr. Sapphire, we came here on behalf of Big Boss Randy. We heard a everything you said.” Said a tall guy with jet black hair, and thick sideburns as he took off the sunglasses that he was wearing.

“Holy s**t.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

Reinfeld prepared himself as all nine men, dressed in black and white, five on one side, four on the other, all took out their guns. Time seemed to slow down as they aimed and readied their positions while Reinfeld himself crouched down behind the closest boxes and shielded his eyes. He covered his ears so hard that all he heard was his own beating heart.

That didn’t last long because as soon as the first gun was fired, the warehouse turned into a wild west show.

Bullets were shot everywhere from both sides, and Reinfeld forced himself to open his eyes and watch in horror since he felt that keeping his eyes closed in the middle of a war zone was not such a good idea.

Mr. Sapphire was firing away like crazy, and a couple of his bullets did manage to take out two of Big Boss Randy’s men.

The tall guy in the middle narrowly avoided some shots fired by Mr. Emerald, and returned fire immediately, hitting Mr. Emerald several times in the stomach and chest. He screamed weakly before crumbling down.

Mr. Ruby and Mr. Jade managed to hold on a little longer, and keep their enemies at bay, during which time Mr. Sapphire grabbed the stolen case of jewelries that he came with before bolting out the back door.

The tall guy with sideburns darted from box to box, narrowly avoiding bullets, all the while aiming at Mr. Sapphire. He managed to fire a few shots at him, but all narrowly missed.

Mr. Sapphire had managed to escape the warehouse completely unharmed. Before closing the door behind him though, he shot a few more blind shots, just to keep the enemy at bay.

Meanwhile, Mr. Ruby managed to shoot down another one of Big Boss Randy’s men, but his partner, in turn, shot Mr. Ruby right in the head, instantly killing him.

Mr. Jade on the other hand, was rather quick. He dodged a few bullets fired by the guy with sideburns, turned his pistol to the guy who killed Mr. Ruby, and in one swift motion, he killed his partner’s killer, and turned the gun back to face the tall guy with sideburns.

It was a one on one face-off.

“Come on Diamond, take out your gun, and shoot down this son of a ...” Before Mr. Jade could finish, another figure stepped through the entrance door and blasted him in the torso with a double barrel shotgun.

His body thrown back about as far as five feet away, before landing motionless on the bloody warehouse floor.

As the figure who killed Mr. Jade cocked his shotgun, Reinfeld turned around to see who it was, and was surprised to see that it was actually Mr. Percipher.

“Thank god you survived Bill...” Said Mr. Percipher as brushed his hair back and walked towards the tall man with sideburns, whose name he revealed to be Bill.

“You may come out now Reinfeld. Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble, we heard everything fine and clear.” Called Mr. Percipher.

Reinfeld cautiously stood up.

“Don’t worry, we know you didn’t want to comply to Mr. Sapphire, and that he was holding you at gunpoint. We know everything.” Explained Mr. Percipher.

“H-how?” Asked Reinfeld, still too petrified to walk.

“Unbeknownst to Mr. Sapphire, we have recently placed secret microphones inside that van, so we heard every conversation. Every single word, we had recorded.” Answered Mr. Percipher while raising a finger.

“Oh...” Said Reinfeld. He was starting to calm down a bit now that he realized there’s no need for him to explain anything.

“Nevertheless, come with me now.” Ordered Mr. Percipher as he turned towards the entrance door of the warehouse.

“Where?” Asked Reinfeld, still clutching his chest.

“To Big Boss Randy.” Said Mr. Percipher.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

Mr. Sapphire’s Story

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he got out the back door, Mr. Sapphire dashed away as fast as he could in the rain, which was starting to light up.

With the suitcase full of jewelries on one hand, and his gun on the other, he never looked back until he was at least a block away. He just pushed himself to his limits and ignored his fatigue, even though by that time he was wheezing.

The streets that he passed were quiet, except for the rain, which caused him to slip and fall a couple of times.

About two blocks away from the warehouse, Mr. Sapphire was getting dizzy. He stopped, dropped the suitcase and crouched down to catch his breath.

Suddenly, he spotted a car coming in towards him from the distance, and he immediately jumped back to his feet, and pointed his gun straight at the windshield.

“STOP THE CAR NOW!” He shouted over the rain, and as soon as it did, Mr. Sapphire banged on the window while shouting, “OPEN THE DOOR!”

The woman who was driving the car did as she was told, and Mr.Sapphire immediately pulled her by her collar and pushed her onto the sidewalk. The woman landed with an “Oof!” on the wet sidewalk as Mr. Sapphire grabbed his suitcase, threw it into the car, and drove off.

Only then did he finally get a chance to think.

“S**t! This is bad, man! This wasn’t the goddamn plan at all! How the hell did he know!? S**t! He must’ve put secret microphones in that van, that b*****d!” He thought to himself as he was driving away.

His car twisted and turned and nearly hit the sides of the slippery road a few times, but fortunately for him, the streets were empty.

“S**t!” He said as he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Answer man, come on, ANSWER THE GODDAMN PHONE VINCE!” He blasted into his phone as he waited for a reply.

Finally, the voice on the other line answered.

“Yo ... Vince, I’m dying here man, there’s no time to explain, I just gotta use your house for a couple hours, alright?” Asked Mr. Sapphire.

“What for!? I told you man, I’ll tell you when I get there ...” He continued.

“Well long story made short, I’m on the run from my boss right now, and I need shelter. I’ve got a suitcase full of precious jewelries here with me, you just gotta let me enter man! ALRIGHT!?” He blasted finally.

 

“Look man, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll be cool, but I REALLY need help for now, so please ... just let me enter your residence. Yeah, yeah ... thanks a lot Vince, I’ll be right there.” Said Mr. Sapphire before closing his phone.

About ten minutes later, Mr. Sapphire pulled up in front a mediocre but well-groomed household.

He honked the car horn a few times, and a guy wearing fancy red bathrobes with striped pyjamas underneath opened the front door.

“The garage, Vince, I need to use it!” Yelled Mr. Sapphire from his car, and with a small nod, Vince walked towards the garage and opened the door.

Mr. Sapphire then pulled up and parked his car inside, before Vince closed it again.

“So ... tell me the full story now, bud. I need to hear it.” Demanded Vince as him and a drenched Mr. Sapphire got into his living room.

Mr. Sapphire was still breathing very heavily. He bent over and raised one of his arms. “S**t ... two things first Vince, please ... one, I need to use your phone. Two, could you please close all the curtains?” He said.

“The curtains were closed til’ you came over.” Said Vince as he closed back the curtains he had just opened.

“Back to number one, the phone...” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“In my bedroom. But please, before you...” Replied Vince, but before he could finish, Mr. Sapphire already dashed towards the bedroom.

Before he entered however, he turned around and asked, “Wait ... your wife’s not home is she?”

“If she was, I wouldn’t even have let you in here.” Answered Vince.

With that, Mr. Sapphire disappeared through the bedroom door without another word.

He immediately went over to the telephone on the bedside table, right next to the bedlamp that was illuminating the dark bedroom.

“Hello?” Asked Mr. Sapphire into the telephone after waiting for a few seconds.

“It’s me honey. That’s right ... look darling, my plan failed, it failed big time, alright. Randy’s men were able to track me down. I’m not sure how, but I seriously think they’ve probably  tapped the s**t out of their white van me and my comrades were on. Who? Oh, they are all dead, darling. I know darling, I know. It was horrible, it was a disaster, none of us expected that. What was that? ... Oh, it was a miracle I got away dear, I guess we could both be thankful for an invention called the back door.” He continued.

“Me? I think I’m pretty safe for now honey, I’m at Vince’s house. Let’s just hope Randy didn’t get to tap the phone lines or my goddamned suit, that’s all. Look dear ... I’ve failed in robbing Big Boss Randy’s stash, but I’ve still got the loot from the jewelry shop. Now look, should anything bad happen to me, I want you to phone Vince right away, we’re going to stash the gems soon. If I don’t make it out of this s**t alive ... well OF COURSE I know you don’t want that to happen, S**T, YOU THINK I DO? ... I know, I know how you’re feeling, and I’ll try my best to get out of this s**t alive. I’m just contemplating the worst, that’s all. Look, if I’m not home by tomorrow, here’s what I want you to do. Listen closely ... you go to Vince’s house, you talk to him, he’ll take you to the stash. You trust him right? We both do.” Before he continued, Mr. Sapphire looked around the bedroom, as if to make sure Vince couldn’t hear what he was saying into the phone. Little did he know, the man was right outside, with his back to the wall on the other side of the bedroom.

“You remeber who helped you take Jules to the hospital the first time around when I wasn’t there? You don’t think that’s enough proof that we can trust him?” Asked Mr. Sapphire into the phone.

“Alright, good. You understand. Now, if I’m still alive by morning, I’ll come home and pick you up. We’ll discuss our next strategy then, okay? Good. Don’t worry darling, shhh ... Just be cool alright, this isn’t more dangerous than any of the s**t that b*****d Randy had put me through in the past, for no pay even. Now, that’s all. Love you too darling.” Said Mr. Sapphire finally before closing the door.

As he turned around, he was quite surprised to see that Vince was already at doorway.

“You heard all that?” Asked Mr. Sapphire calmly.

“Not every word ... so, you gonna tell me the full story?” Asked Vince back.

“But you did hear the part about us stashing that suitcase full of jewelries?” Asked Mr. Sapphire again.

Vince nodded.

“Good, let’s go then. I’ll tell you the full story in the car.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he stood up and walked towards Vince at the doorway.

“Fine by me ...” Replied Vince as he too, turned around and got out.

Mr. Sapphire grabbed the suitcase that he left in the living room as Vince unlocked the garage door.

“Which car?” He asked.

“Yours.” Answered Mr. Sapphire as gave the suitcase one light tap with his palm, before getting out of the house to join Vince in the garage.

“S**t. This rain is never ending ...” He muttered as he looked up at the dark clouds.

Moments later, Mr. Sapphire and Vince were already in Vince’s car, driving through the more remote parts of town. Mr. Sapphire was driving.

“So ... the story?” Asked Vince.

“I’ve told you before about how tired I was of my boss, and the way he was treating me and my family right? How he forces me to work for no-pay while putting me through real dangerous jobs and all that s**t. You remember when I told you right?” Asked Mr. Sapphire.

“I do.” Said Vince while nodding lightly.

“Well when I said I’ve had enough of s**t like that, I mean it. So, I devised a plan, the moment he told me about a midnight jewel caper, I planned to bust it with my boys.” Continued Mr. Sapphire.

“Then what?” Asked Vince.

“Hold on, I was just remembering the way just now.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“Where are we going anyway? Seems like we’ve entered the valley.” Said Vince while looking out of his car window. “S**t. It’s so goddamned dark outside, and the rain is only making it harder to see.” He added.

“Yeah? Well you better remember the way pal, you heard what I told my wife on the phone.” Said Mr. Sapphire calmly.

“Holy s**t ... how the hell are you able to drive through a valley during a freakin’ rainstorm at two in the morning, and expect me to remember the way anyway?” Protested Vince.

Mr. Sapphire didn’t answer, he just sighed.

“Anyway, back to your story ...” Said Vince.

“Right, so ... I planned to rob the store, but not only that, I also planned to rob his personal gem stash from his warehouse.”

“Everything was going well, that is until Big Boss Randy’s men suddenly burst through the door and started shooting up the place. Apparently those b******s got our van tapped.” Explained Mr. Sapphire.

“Wait, you were there? During the shooting I mean?” Asked Vince.

“Of course I was.” Snapped Mr. Sapphire.

“But you’re right here, sitting unharmed next to me.” Said Vince. “How the hell did you escape?”

“Yeah, it was miracle. I just took the suitcase and bolted towards the back door while everyone else were shooting each other to bits and pieces. I watched as one of my own men was gunned down. The rest, I don’t have a goddamn clue what happened to them, but I just assumed they are all dead. Except maybe Diamond.” Explained Mr. Sapphire.

“Who’s Diamond?” Asked Vince.

“A new guy, the son of one of the seniors working for Big Boss Randy. You heard of Mr. Reinfeld? Well, Diamond’s his son, Reinfeld Jr. It was his first job and as far as I knew he did absolutely nothing to help my case, last I saw him he was cowering behind one of the old crates at the warehouse. They probably spared him.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“But the rest of your men? S**t ... you just left ‘em to die?” Asked Vince with a look of disbelief on his face. “You’ve never done that before.”

“S**t man, don’t look at me like that. I didn’t mean to do it, I had no other choice. It was my damn instinct to survive. Really now, in my position, what would you have done? You’ve killed before in your life.” Replied Mr. Sapphire.

“Don’t remind me of that s**t ...” Said Vince as he shook his head slowly and looked down.

“Now I’m sorry, but I wasn’t planning to die right then and there. But if you think I don’t feel bad for deserting my friends, you’re wrong. Cause I do feel bad, but I had no other choice if I wanted to survive. Hell, I haven’t even accomplished my mission yet.” Added Mr. Sapphire to his defense.

Vince simply nodded and raised one of his hands.

Not long after that, the car pulled over in front of dark building. “Come with me.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he opened the car door and they both got out and into the dark, deserted shack.

“What the hell is this place?” Asked Vince as they entered the damp and dirty shack. It was made of wood that creaked with every step, and empty shelves adorn the dark and mossy walls.

 

“No one but me had been into this building for years man.” Said Mr. Sapphire. He bent down and pulled a small rug on the floor, revealing an entrance to a basement. He then took out his wallet, and from it, he took out a small key, which he used to open the door on the floor.

Vince peeked his head inside and saw that the door did not lead to a basement, but was only covering a small hole with a ladder. It was only about six feet deep and three feet wide. Mr. Sapphire threw the suitcase inside before closing it and locking the door again.

“This is where I usually keep stuff that I need to stash. No one knows about this place.” Said Mr. Sapphire. “We’re done now, let’s get the hell out of here.” He added.

“You remember the way back right?” Asked Mr. Sapphire as before getting back into the car.

“A little bit.” Answered Vince as he looked up at the sky. The rain was finally starting to lighten up a bit.

“Good. You drive then.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

With that, they both got inside the car with Vince behind the wheel, and drove off.

“What are you gonna do after this, then?” Asked Vince on the drive back to his house.

“I’m not sure, but first I’m just gonna check into a motel and get a little sleep if I can. Then, I’m gonna think of what to do after that. I’m tired as hell.” Answered Mr. Sapphire.

They both stayed quiet for awhile, until Vince asked, “You think they’ll catch you and kill you?”

“Why the hell are you askin’ something like that? Surely, that’s the worst that could happen to me, but that could happen still.”

Vince rolled his eyes.

“Look, if I don’t get in touch with you by tomorrow, or rather, tonight ... that probably means I’m dead. If that happens, just please ... take my wife to the stash. She needs that money badly. It’s for Jules’ operation, alright?” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“Oh, right ...” Said Vince.

Moments later, they pulled up in front of Vince’s house.

“Look, thanks a lot for your help man, I appreciate it.” Said Mr. Sapphire as he shook Vince’s hand.

“No problem, get in touch with me later tonight, alright?” Replied Vince.

“I wish I could do that ...” Said Mr. Sapphire.

“What are you gonna do about this car?” Asked Vince as Mr. Sapphire walked towards the car he stole from earlier.

“I’m gonna ditch it, then take a cab ride to the nearest motel.” Answered Mr. Sapphire as he got in the stolen car and started it up.

“Take care.” Said Vince as he watched Mr. Sapphire drive off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

The Hunt for Mr. Sapphire Part I

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“To Big Boss Randy!?” Asked Reinfeld.

“We better not be late too, he’s pissed as hell.” Said Mr. Percipher. “Oh before that, Reinfeld, meet Bill. He’s one of Big Boss Randy’s favorite hitman.” He added.

“Hello kiddo.” Said Bill simply while raising his eyebrows. His voice was deep and hoarse. Intimidating, yet strangely calming at the same time, accompanied by his flat, almost mocking expression.

“B-but Mr. Sapphire himself escaped! Shouldn’t we chase him?” Asked Reinfeld.

“Yes, that is a goddamn problem indeed, but Big Boss Randy specifically told us to come back right away, we have you with us at the very least. Come on.” Told Mr. Percipher.

Reinfeld opened his mouth to speak, but Bill cut him first, “You wouldn’t wanna get on my nerves kiddo, trust me.”

Reinfeld instantly shut up.

“Holy hell ... another goddamn bloodbath on our hands ...” Muttered Mr. Percipher while rubbing the back of his head with one hand.

“Bill, take the van. Reinfeld, can I trust you with one of my client’s car?” Ordered Mr. Percipher while locking the door to the warehouse.

“Sure.” Said Bill as he walked over to the van.

“Reinfeld? Do I need to repeat myself?” Asked Mr. Percipher, this time turning over to face him. “You can drive, right?”

“Um ... sure. Drives like normal right?” Asked Reinfeld while slowly walking over to the black peugeot 308 car parked next to Mr. Percipher’s black BMW.

“Exactly.” Answered Mr. Percipher. “Oh, and keep up will ya, both Bill and I are accustomed to driving real freaking fast.” He added.

Reinfeld gave a slight nod before entering the peugeot car. He took a couple deep breaths and wiped his forehead with his right palm while looking around at the interior of the car.

The first thing that caught Reinfeld’s mind, was that the car reeked of gunpowder and tobacco. Inside the dashboard, he found a small derringer gun on top of some papers. Before he had a chance to look through them however, Mr. Percipher honked his horns in front of him. Reinfeld looked up and saw that both him and Bill had already started their engines and are preparing to drive off. Reinfeld himself, followed as well.

Moments later, all three men, each driving their own cars were speeding through the empty roads through the heavy rain. Reinfeld had to focus entirely on the road. He didn’t really have much time to think.

Before he knew it, he had already arrived in front of a large building about 20 stories tall.

Reinfeld followed the white van driven by Bill and Mr. Percipher’s black BMW into the underground parking lot.

The parking lot was somewhat empty, with only about seven or eight cars parked in it, including the three that just got in.

Reinfeld was the first to exit his car and step into the parking lot, followed by Bill then Mr. Percipher, who was talking into the phone.

“Yes Winston, that’s correct. About nine bodies in that warehouse, blood all over the place. It was basically a bloodbath. Could you come over immediately and clean it all up? Big Boss Randy wants his warehouse completely spick and spiffy by sunrise, with all the blood cleaned and all the bodies properly disposed of. You got that? Alright, cool. Thanks.” Reinfeld heard him say into the phone.

“Good news Bill, Winston’s crew’s got it all taken care of.”  Said Mr. Percipher as they began walking, followed closely by Reinfeld.

“Ah yes, that’s good Percipher, that’s good. However, I myself got a call that’s not nearly as good of a news.” Said Bill in his usual tone while taking out a cigarette.

“What is it?” Asked Mr. Percipher.

“Lawrence and James just told me they got a flat tire, they said they’ll definitely arrive at Mr. Sapphire’s residence a bit late. They said they called both you and Big Boss Randy first, but both of your lines were busy.” Said Bill.

“A flat tire!? Oh and by the way, yes, my line was busy. I was just talking to Big Boss Randy.” Replied Mr. Percipher.

“About?” Asked Bill while lighting up his cigarette.

“I told him that Mr. Ruby, Jade, and Emerald are dead, while Mr. Sapphire escaped with the loot, and Mr. Diamond, that’s Reinfeld Jr, is with us.” Answered Mr. Percipher.

“How did he respond?” Asked Bill.

“How the hell do you think? He was pissed, more so than ever. Thank god you survived, otherwise he probably would’ve completely and utterly flipped.” Answered Mr. Percipher.

Reinfeld stayed quiet behind the two men, he was just listening closely to what they were saying.

“He then told me, he’ll call off the men whom he sent to stake out Mr. Emerald, Ruby, Jade, and Reinfeld’s apartments immediately. Also, he told me to call Winston and tell him to clean up after the goddamned mess that we left behind. He probably still doesn’t have a clue about that flat tire s**t you were told about.” Added Mr. Percipher as he led both Bill and Reinfeld into an elevator.

“Yeah, he probably doesn’t. Lawrence was the one who called me. He told me to tell Big Boss Randy as soon as I got here.” Said Bill.

“Yeah? You do that then.” Said Mr. Percipher.

While inside the elevator, what Mr. Percipher had said only a few seconds back just then suddenly came into Reinfeld’s mind. “W-w-wait, wait ... hold on ... did you say something about Big Boss Randy sending people to stake out my apartment!?” He asked.

“Yeah. Sorry kid, that’s what he wanted the moment he heard what Mr. Sapphire said in that van. He wanted men to stake out each and every one of your houses and/or apartments.” Explained Mr. Percipher.

“Why!?” Asked Reinfeld, looking shocked.

“Probably so that when or if one of you return to your residence, after you managed to escape our raid, IF you managed to escape our raid ... like Mr. Sapphire for example ... he would have men ready to catch you at your homes.” Answered Mr. Percipher.

Before Reinfeld had a chance to say another word, the elevator door suddenly opened to a long, wide hallway with many doors on either side. On the far end of the hall, was the biggest door with a gold plate above it with the words, ‘Big Boss Randy’ elegantly engraved on it.

The three men then walked towards the big door, with Mr. Percipher leading the way. After merely a few steps however, Reinfeld suddenly felt Bill grab his left shoulder. Hard.

With one push Bill turned him around, and said “Hold on. Gimme your gun, kiddo.”

Before Reinfeld even had a chance to say anything, he had his gun pulled out from its belt and pointed at his own chin by Bill, in what felt to him like only a fraction of a second.

“W-what!? I ... I ...” was all that Reinfeld managed to say as the 9 mm. Caliber was still pointing straight at his head, ready to blow it into pieces within one pull of the trigger.

Bill however, only chuckled loudly while Mr. Percipher shook his head. “Cut him a goddamn break will you, Bill. I think he’s gone through more s**t than ever in his whole life and is only about to go through more.” He said.

“Hey kiddo, that’s what you have to learn to do in order to be a successful gangster. You gotta learn to surprise and knock your opponents off guard, then you pull the trigger on them to blow their heads off before they even have a chance to respond. Then ... BOOM! There you go, your opponent’s dead before he even got a chance to know what had hit him.” Said Bill after clearing his voice from his chuckling. “Oh, and I’ll be keeping this a while.” He added as neatly tapped the edge of the gun on Reinfeld’s shoulder.

Suddenly, the big door to Big Boss Randy’s office opened, and a man wearing the same black and white suit was standing at the doorway. He was also holding a machine pistol.

“Mercer. Thank you very much, I’ll take over from here.” Said Mr. Percipher as he walked quickly towards the door, with Bill and Reinfeld following closely behind.

The room behind the big door looked like a typical Boss’ office to Reinfeld. In the middle, stood a large desk with Big Boss Randy seated behind it. He looked somewhat tense.

“It’s Mr. Percipher and the gang.” Said Mercer to him.

“Yes, I can see that. Thank you Mercer, you may leave now.” Replied Big Boss Randy.

As Mercer left the room, Mr. Percipher, Bill and Reinfeld himself entered.

“Reinfeld Jr...” Said Big Boss Randy slowly as Bill closed the door behind them.

“First things first then ... I don’t know if you’ve been informed, but I recently sent men to stake out your apartment. Not just yours really, but ...” Started Big Boss Randy.

“Yes sir, I’ve been informed.” Replied Reinfeld quickly, cutting Big Boss Randy’s sentence.

“Good. Now ... the moment I got this call from Mr. Percipher here, saying that he’s got you with him, I called off said men, and surprisingly enough, they said they have a little surprise. Even I don’t know what they’re talking about. Any chance you might have any idea regarding what this surprise might be? Hm?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

Reinfeld was really confused. “Surprise? What the hell could they possibly have found at my apartment!?” He thought.

“No sir, I don’t.” Said Reinfeld after a few seconds of thinking.

“You sure?” Asked Big Boss Randy once again.

“Positive ...” Replied Reinfeld.

“Then I guess we are both just as excited to see what those two guys will come in here with, huh?” Said Big Boss Randy, chuckling.

“Now, onto the next question I want to ask you ... as you know, Mr. Sapphire escaped. With the loot. Now, I don’t blame you for that. However, I am dissapointed. You are the son of one of my most trusted and talented agents, yet your first mission turns into a complete bust like this. This is the third job that turned into a complete bloodbath within the last three months. I’ve never had this s**t happen before, don’t you think I’m pissed, Junior?” He continued. His tone was getting deeper as he went on, and the expression on his face tightened heavily.

Reinfeld didn’t answer.

Just then, Mr. Percipher opened the door behind him and three more men stormed inside the office. Reinfeld did not believe who one of them was.

His eyes were wide open, and he took a loud gulp, still making sure what he was seeing was not a hallucination.

It was Greg Withstone, Reinfeld’s college buddy.

“This ain’t the police station...” Said Greg as blinked several times and looked around while rubbing his stubble. His eyes were red and sagged, and his left arm was held by one of Big Boss Randy’s men who came in with him. The other one was standing guard by his right, though not holding his arm.

As soon as Greg’s eyes landed on Reinfeld, he could see that Greg was just as surprised and shocked as he was.

“What the hell ...” Said Reinfeld, Big Boss Randy, and Greg all at nearly the same time in unison.

“The hell are doin’ here man, WTF!?” Asked Reinfeld in disbelief.

“That’s what I should be askin’ man, I thought these two guys were secret agents who were taking me in or something...” Replied Greg.

“Shut up!” Ordered Big Boss Randy. He then turned towards the guards standing by Randy’s side and asked, “You two, who the hell is this kid?”

“We found him smoking pot in Reinfeld Jr.’s apartment sir, we thought he was an accomplice, and that he might know something worth knowing.” Answered one of the guards.

“S**t! You smoked goddamned pot in my apartment!? Are you out of your goddamned mind!?” Blasted Reinfeld. For a moment there, he forgot that he was in the presence of a crime boss and four assasins.

“Just a little bit man, don’t be so damn rough about it! Besides, I was already scared as hell man, I thought these guys were the police bustin’ me for smokin’” Explained Greg.

Bill laughed. “This 70s kid thought we were the cops.” He said.

One of the guards holding Greg by the arm chuckled, but other than that, the situation was still pretty tense.

“Well then who the hell are you guys?” Asked Greg, his head darting from side to side in panic.

“Gangsters.” Answered Bill while taking a puff out of his cigarette.

“Gangsters? ...” Squaked Greg weakly while raising one of his eyebrows. “Gangsters ... I don’t get it.” He added while shaking his head.

“It’s a real goddamn complicated story, alright...” Said Reinfeld.

“And you’re one of them?” Asked Greg.

“Well ... sort of, in this particular moment.” Answered Reinfeld while raising his shoulders.

“S**t ... and I thought I was like ... a criminal for smokin’ weed.” Muffled Greg under his breath.

“Hold on, hold on, wait just a goddamn minute now, the real important question now is ... Is he a good friend of yours?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

“As you can see...” Answered Reinfeld with a sigh.

“Then he’ll just have to stick around then. He’s already seen too much for us to just let him go.” Exclaimed Big Boss Randy.

“What!?...” Squeaked Greg weakly again.

“You two shouldn’t have brought him here in the first place.” Said Big Boss Randy as he turned towards the guards.

“Well he was freaking out real bad when saw us so we thought he must’ve known something.” Explained the guard holding Greg’s left arm.

“Yeah, well ... what’s already done cannot be undone I guess. He’s unarmed right?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

“Yes sir, we’ve checked.” Answered the guard.

“Good, you two may leave now.” Said Big Boss Randy.

With that, the two guards then released their grip on Greg, turned towards the door and left, closing it behind them.

Greg rubbed his arm and looked about anxiously, but Reinfeld held out his right arm and said, “S**t! Be cool man...”

“I don’t believe this s**t man ...” Said Greg quietly while walking around and rubbing the back of his head with one hand.

“Stay right where you are please.” Ordered Bill, stopping Greg’s movements instantly. Mr. Percipher just sighed while standing behind Big Boss Randy.

“Now then, back to business. I’ve sent all sorts of spies and men to monitor the parts of town where Mr. Sapphire might’ve gone to. Usually they’re pretty quick at tracking people down this way. Now, what I want you to do, is to be the one to personally bring him to me. Alright? You got that? Since I feel that it is somewhat your responsibility to bring that suitcase of jewels to me. You understand?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

Reinfeld nodded.

“Now, the way things are gonna work is, you ride with Bill. When one of my men has got the lead to Mr. Sapphire’s whereabouts, I’ll forward the news to him, and you two go to the location personally to arrest him. Then of course, you bring him to me. You got all that?” Continued Big Boss Randy.

Reinfeld nodded once more.

“What about him?” Asked Bill suddenly, referring to Greg.

Greg gulped loudly. So loud in fact, that he coughed and nearly choked hearing that.

“Just take the knucklehead with you two. I’ll think of something to do with him afterwards. Now go!” Ordered Big Boss Randy.

Bill smiled and threw the stub of his cigarette into the trash can next to him. He then snickered and said, “Well kids, let’s ride.”

He then turned around, but after taking merely a step,turned back and said, “Oh and before I leave, Lawrence and Jimmy called. They said they got a flat tire and will be arriving late to Mr. Sapphire’s residence.”

“Flat tire!? Why the heck didn’t they call me first, then?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

“They said they tried calling both you and Mr. Percipher, but both lines were busy.” Answered Bill.

 

“S**t ... Out of all the guys, the ones that got a flat tire had to be the ones to stake out the person that actually escaped.” Muttered Big Boss Randy.

“Well, with that being said ... shall I be on my way?” Asked Bill.

“Yeah, sure ... go ahead, I’ll call Lawrence after this.” Answered Big Boss Randy.

Bill then smiled and turned around to face Reinfeld and Greg before saying, “As I was saying ... Let’s go, kiddos.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

The Hunt for Mr. Sapphire Part II

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I still like, don’t know what is happening man, like, keep that in your mind, will you?” Whispered Greg to Reinfeld as they followed Bill to his car in the parking lot.

“S**t, man ... I’ll tell you the story later after all this s**t’s done and done. Right now, just don’t do s**t, alright? Follow closely behind, and keep your damn mouth shut.” Replied Reinfeld.

“Hey,hey ... don’t look at me that way man, like, this ain’t my goddamn fault.” Protested Greg. He then took out a small joint from his pocket, and lit it up. “What?...” He asked with the joint in his mouth as Reinfeld eyed him in disbelief. He slapped the joint from Greg’s mouth and stomped it hard on the ground.

“Don’t you dare make this situation any worse than it already is man, I’m warning you, and don’t give me s**t either.” Warned Reinfeld sharply.

“I told you I don’t know the damn situation man ...” Replied Greg while raising both shoulders.

Suddenly, Bill whistled from far in front of them. He was already at the side of his car, the peugeot that Reinfeld drove earlier. Reinfeld quickly walked towards him, followed closely by Greg.

“Uh, before we leave ...” Said Bill as he reached into his belt and pulled out Reinfeld’s 9mm. Caliber gun. “You can have this back.” He added as he gave Reinfeld his gun.

“Thank you sir.” Said Reinfeld.

“Hey, don’t call me sir, kiddo. I don’t like that, just call me Bill.” Demanded Bill as he opened the door to his car.

“Um ... sure thing, Bill.” Replied Reinfeld.

“You ride in the front.” Told Bill to Reinfeld. “You, hippy, you ride in the back.” He added while pointing towards Greg.

“Um, the name’s Greg, Bill ...” Protested Greg, yet rather weakly.

“Yeah, but I ain’t callin’ ya that kiddo.” Replied Bill.

Greg just gave a couple nods, opened the back door of the car, and climbed in. “Sure ...” He muffled.

One minute later, they were already driving off in the city. By then, the rain was already starting to lighten up a bit.

“Where are we going?” Asked Reinfeld.

“To Joe’s bar. I believe you’ve been there before?” Asked Bill back.

“Yes, yes I have.” Replied Reinfeld. “What’s our business going there though?” He asked.

“That’s where we’ll wait. I trust you still remember what Big Boss Randy told you. “We’ll wait for further news regarding Sapphire there.”

“Yes I remeber that part, what I don’t remember is him mentioning Joe’s bar.” Replied Reinfeld.

“Oh, he didn’t. I just decided there would be the best place to wait. Besides, could you even name a place we could go to just to wait at two in the morning?”  Asked Bill.

“I don’t know, McDonald’s maybe?” Said Greg suddenly from the back seat. Hearing that, Bill slammed the breaks, throwing both Reinfeld and Greg off guard.

He then turned around, and eyed Greg curiously.

“What? ... I’m hungry, I thought maybe we could like, go for a Big Mac or something...” Protested Greg while raising both his shoulders.

After a few seconds of silence, Bill chuckled and said, “Haha ... I like the way you think hippy boy, ain’t a bad idea at all. Let’s go.” Before slamming on the gas pedals.

“W-wait a minute, we’re gangsters! We’re wearing suspicious clothing!” Protested Reinfeld.

“Not if we ditch the sunglasses. Throw em kiddo. Besides, we got hippy boy here with us. Gangsters don’t usually eat with hippies do they?” Replied Bill calmly.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Said Reinfeld quietly.

About five minutes later, they have already arrived at an open McDonalds.

“Now listen kiddos...” Said Bill as he opened up the wrapper of the Big Mac that he ordered. “We’re not gonna sit around and wait here. That, would be suspicious. If Big Boss Randy still hadn’t called us by the time we finish our meals, we’re going to Joe’s alright?” He added.

Both Reinfeld and Greg simply nodded while eating their burgers.

The three men were just sitting quietly, eating their food when Greg suddenly asked Reinfeld, “So, will you like, tell me the story now?” with a mouthful.

“Are you nuts!? You want me to tell you the whole story in a public fast food restaurant like this!?” Whispered Reinfeld harshly. “Just be patient alright man, just be patient.” He added.

Greg had just opened his mouth when Bill suddenly snapped in, “If you’re gonna talk with your mouth full, don’t do it like a pig, hippy boy.”

As Greg swallowed his food hard, Bill’s phone suddenly rang. “Hello? Oh ... right. They do? Haha, that’s great stuff. Sure, sure. Alright, understood. Gotcha.” He said into the phone before closing it.

“What was that?” Asked Reinfeld.

“I’ll tell you in the car.” Answered Bill as he tucked the phone back into his pocket.

Ten minutes later, the three guys were already back on the road. “That was Big Boss Randy on the phone, he just got a call from Lawrence and James. You know, the guys he sent to stake out Mr. Sapphire’s apartment? The guys that got a flat tire?” Explained Bill in the car.

“Yeah, what about it?” Asked Reinfeld.

“Well, they managed to arrive at Mr. Sapphire’s residence and are now holding his family hostage. Big Boss Randy told me to tell him that when we catch him. You know, just to use as a weapon so he wouldn’t do anything stupid.” Replied Bill.

“They’re holding his family hostage!?” Asked Reinfeld, almost feeling sympathy for Mr. Sapphire, before remembering what the man had done.

“You heard me right kiddo.” Said Bill coolly.

“What about Mr. Sapphire himself? Do we have any leads?” Asked Reinfeld again.

“Not yet. Which means we’re driving to Joe’s now.” Answered Bill.

Just when they were about a couple blocks away from the bar however, Bill’s phone rang once again.

“Hello? What? Already!?” Said Bill as he slammed the break pedals on the car. “Where? Rangerton’s Motel? Where is it? Yes ... yes ... Oh right, right. Yes, I know the place. I’m on my way.” He added before closing the phone and tucking it back into his pocket. He then made a sharp U-turn with the car on the slippery road, surprising Reinfeld and nearly throwing Greg off the back seat.

“Good news kiddos, we’ve got Sapphire on the track.” Told Bill before slamming on the gas pedals as hard as he could, speeding towards Rangerton’s Motel.

As soon as they got there, they parked on the side of the road opposite of the motel, which was rather quiet and isolated from any other buildings. “I don’t see any other cars...” Commented Reinfeld before stepping out of the peugeot. The rain washed over them as the three men walked over towards the entrance door. The main building of the motel was a wooden cottage that wasn’t really in shape. Bill knocked on the door three times, and an elderly man came out.

“Here for a room, or just to ask for directions?” Asked the elderly man.

“No, we’re just visiting a partner of ours.” Answered Bill.

“Oh yeah ... not too long ago, a scrawny man dressed the same as you guys just checked in for a room.” Said the elderly man.

“Which room did he rent?” Asked Bill.

“Room number 11. It’s located in the back, furthest cottage to right.” Answered the old man.

“Thank you.” Said Bill, before the elderly man closed the door again.

“Your gun’s loaded kid?” Asked Bill as he turned to face Reinfeld.

Reinfeld simply nodded.

“I have a bad feeling about this ... you guys aren’t going to kill are you?” Asked Greg as they walked towards the furthest cottage.

“Shut up hippy, just watch from behind us.” Snapped Bill sharply, while Reinfeld just gulped.

Bill motioned to Reinfeld and Greg to be quiet as they all carefully walked up the steps to room number 11.

Very carefully, Bill turned the doorknob and to their surprise, it opened.

Bill stormed inside first, however, “Sapph...” was all that he managed to say before he felt a sharp pain to his left side. He looked down, and saw that there was hole on the left side of his chest, over his heart, bleeding. His face froze with fear and he dropped his gun, before stumbling backwards a few step, then falling flat on the floor. Dead. Mr. Sapphire had fired a derringer at him.

Greg froze with fear as he loomed over a dead Bill, while Reinfeld, as if by instinct, managed to quickly pull out his own gun, and in one swift motion, point it straight at Mr. Sapphire’s head, whose derringer was still pointed at the empty space where Bill once stood.

“Diamond ...” Gasped Mr. Sapphire. “To tell you the truth I didn’t expect to see you here ... so, you’ve decided to betray me?” He asked.

“Betray? ... I don’t think so, Mr. Sapphire.” Said Reinfeld as he clicked his gun.

“I only followed you because you were pointing a gun at my head ... but now, I’m the one pointing the gun at your head, Mr. Sapphire, so you’re the one who’s going to follow me now. That’s all there is to it.” He added.

“You really going to kill me?” Asked Mr. Sapphire.

Reinfeld gulped, but he gathered all his courage and said, “My father’s boss is making do this. Though I’ve never killed before and I don’t want to start, I’m sure as hell he’d kill me if I let you go. He wants you brought to him alive, but if you won’t cooperate, I’m pretty sure he’d rather have you dead than on the loose. And when I can’t make that happen, I’m sure he’d have me just as dead, and personally, as much as I’d hate to, I’d rather kill than be killed. So Mr. Sapphire ... last time you gave me a choice, but this time I’m not giving you  any. You’re going to come with me.”

Mr. Sapphire stayed silent for a few seconds, before saying, “Fine. You’ve disarmed me with your words.” While throwing his derringer onto the floor, by Reinfeld’s foot.

“Pick it up will you, Greg?” Said Reinfeld.

Greg hestitated a bit until Reinfeld told him a second time, by which time he did pick up the derringer gun, which nearly slipped and dropped, before he was able to get a good grip.

“Before we leave Mr. Sapphire, please pull poor Bill inside.” Ordered Reinfeld, while still pointing his gun at Mr. Sapphire, who did as he was told and dragged Bill’s body inside the room before closing the door shut.

The three men then quietly walked through the rain, out of the motel complex, and into the peugeot car. Reinfeld started it up, with Mr. Sapphire in the front seat, and a still trembling and silent Greg in the back seat.

Without another word, Reinfeld pressed on the gas pedal, and they drove off to Big Boss Randy’s office.

In the middle of the way, Reinfeld’s phone suddenly rang. He picked it up quickly and said, “Hello? Oh, Big Boss Randy, about that ... Bill’s dead. Mr. Sapphire pulled a derringer on him. No worries, I’ve got him with me now.” However, what Big Boss Randy said next made him suddenly step on the gas pedals really hard. The tires made a loud screeching sound on the slippery road.

“Shiiiit, maaan .... what now!?” Greg cried out weakly from the back seat. Mr. Sapphire looked rather confused.

Reinfeld then slowly turned to face him with widened eyes. “Where’s the suitcase?” He asked.

“Oh, you needn’t look for that, I’ve stashed it, and I’m not telling you where.” Answered Mr. Sapphire mockingly.

“Hello? Big Boss Randy? Mr. Sapphire said he stashed it and he’s not telling. What? Oh, alright, alright. I’ll be right there.” Said Reinfeld to the phone before closing it and tucking it back into his pocket.

“What are you gonna do now?” Asked Mr. Sapphire in the same mocking tone.

“Big Boss Randy said the most important thing is for him to see you first, the loot is second. Our destination still hasn’t changed, Mr. Sapphire.” Answered Reinfeld as he wiped his forehead before stepping on the gas and continuing the drive towards Big Boss Randy’s office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finale

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

During the whole ride to Big Boss Randy’s office, everyone in the car stayed quiet, but the whole situation was tense.

As soon as Reinfeld parked the car on the basement of the office, he quickly jumped out of the car, followed by Mr. Sapphire, then Greg.

“Let’s go.” Said Reinfeld after taking another gulp. Mr. Sapphire was breathing heavily, and he tossed both Reinfeld and Greg a sharp look before making his way towards the elevator.

“You’ve still got his gun, right?” Whispered Reinfeld.

“Yes.” Answered Greg simply. Reinfeld could see that his friend was no longer the somewhat high, whiny hippy that he was before witnessing Bill’s death. He looked rather pale and his eyes were focused.

“Good.” Said Reinfeld.

Seeing Greg like that made him realize that he’s feeling somewhat guilty that his best friend got dragged into the gangster business that he’s going through.

No one else said another word. The three men just stepped onto the elevator, Reinfeld pushed the number of the floor, and they waited. No one looked at each other anymore, they all had their stares fixed at the numbers on top of the elevator door, until it opened and they stepped out to the main hall, with Big Boss Randy’s office on the other end.

A few steps before reaching it, the big door was opened by Mr. Percipher. He simply nodded and directed the three men inside.

“He unarmed?” Asked Big Boss Randy as Mr. Percipher closed the door behind the three men who just entered.

“Yes. Greg here’s got his gun.” Answered Reinfeld.

Greg just gulped and nodded.

Hearing that, Mr. Percipher returned to his position, standing with his arms crossed  behind his back next to Big Boss Randy.

Big Boss Randy took a deep breath before he began his conversation with Mr. Sapphire, “Now, Mr. Sapphire ... I could just go right to your punishment, or I could just go right to an explosive rage and kill you right here, and now. But ... I believe we’ve got some unfinished business. You’ve got something that belongs to me. The suitcase. Young Mr. Diamond here informed me that you stashed it, is that correct?”

“Yes, and you’re not getting it from me.” Said Mr. Sapphire sharply.

“Oh then I’ll just have to tell my men to cut your wife and son then, won’t I?” Threatened Big Boss Randy.

Mr. Sapphire’s eyes widened, “Come again?” He asked.

Reinfeld then suddenly realized what he had forgotten to tell Mr. Sapphire.

“Oh, right ... you killed Bill before he had a chance to tell you ... well then Mr. Sapphire, allow me to be one to inform you personally that, a couple of my men are holding your family hostage right this very second, in your very own home.” Said Big Boss Randy with a cruel smile on his face.

“T-that’s impossible ... I talked to them ...” Replied Mr. Sapphire weakly.

“Oh, my men just arrived a little late because of a flat tire that’s all. You want proof?” Asked Big Boss Randy mockingly before dialing a number on the telephone on his desk.

“Hello, Lawrence? This is Big Boss Randy, um, put Mr. Sapphire’s wife on the line will you?” He said.

After pressing the speaker button on the telephone, Big Boss Randy held the telephone up high so that everyone in the room could hear it.

“Ah ... ah, no! No! Help me, please ...don’t ...” Screamed a girl on the other line amidst her sobbing and crying.

After seeing that Mr. Sapphire was completely petrified, Big Boss Randy turned off the speaker and closed the phone.

“You believe me now? Or need I put your son on the line as well?” Asked Big Boss Randy cruelly.

“Let them go ...” Said Mr. Sapphire weakly.

“Pardon me, I didn’t hear you?” Said Big Boss Randy mockingly.

“I’ll do whatever you say man, just let them go ...” Pleaded Mr. Sapphire.

“You swear to take us to the suitcase? And that you would then take any form of punishment I desire you to take? Simply put, do you give up?” Asked Big Boss Randy.

“Just phone Lawrence and tell him to let my family go.” Demanded Mr. Sapphire.

“No way, you take us to the suitcase first.” Protested Big Boss Randy.

“No, man ... you’d just kill me and my family afterwards. Just do it now man, phone Lawrence now, or you’ll never see that suitcase again.” Said Mr. Sapphire.

After hestitating for a few moments, Big Boss Randy suddenly chuckled and said, “Fine.”

He then redialed the phone and waited for a few seconds, “Hello Lawrence? It’s me again, I’ve settled things with Mr. Sapphire, you can let his family go now ... yes, I’m sure I’m sure. Alright? You let them go? Good. Your work’s done for the day.”

Immediately Big Boss Randy closed the phone, Mr. Sapphire asked, “They’re gone. Is my family safe?”

“Safe as the heavens.” Replied Big Boss Randy with a smile.

Just then, Mr. Sapphire suddenly reached into his belt, and to everyone’s surprise, pulled out a spare silver handgun.

Before anyone could react, and before anyone could hear any sound other than the beating of their own hearts, he pulled the trigger, crafting a large, perfectly round, bloody hole on Big Boss Randy’s chest.

The blood splashed all over the desk, and Big Boss Randy’s body crumbled backwards along with the chair.

The surprised Mr. Percipher was about to pull out his own gun, but he was too slow, for another one of Mr. Sapphire’s bullets hit him straight on his right forearm.

His blood splashed out and his muscles spazzed as he screamed and hit the floor belly-first. “Aaahh....argh.” He moaned weakly on the floor, clutching his wound with the other arm before Mr. Sapphire fired the second shot to his back.  “Agghhh!!! No...” He screamed in pain as he spazzed to turn his body, this time his back facing the floor, leaving his chest and stomach exposed to Mr. Sapphire. “Reinf...” Said Mr. Percipher before Mr. Sapphire’s third bullet struck him on the chest, finally killing him.

However, before Mr. Sapphire had a chance to turn around, another shot was fired. This time, it was from Reinfeld.

The bullet struck Mr. Sapphire right on the neck, instantly killing him with a burst of blood and a loud snap. His body crumbled right next Mr. Percipher’s.

A shock wave of unexplainable feelings washed over Reinfeld the second after he had fired the shot.

His hands started to tremble and shake, and his face twitched all over the place, mainly around his frown.

“I can’t believe it ...” He spat out weakly after taking a loud gulp.

“Whoa man ... whoa, man ... Let’s just get out of here, alright? They’re all dead for god’s sake! I think it’s about time we leave ...” Whispered Greg from behind him as he grabbed him on the left shoulder. Greg himself was still pale, sweaty, and somewhat shaking.

“Yeah, that’s probably the right thing to do ...” Replied Reinfeld as they both turned around and scrambled hastily out of the office, closing the door behind them and just walking away from the whole scene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What!? You’re like, moving away!? Are you like, serious man?” Asked Greg in disbelief.

“Yeah man, I told my dad everything. He’s healing up pretty good, but when I told him what had happened, he freaked out. He’s not scheduled to get out from the hospital until Thursday, but he’s already making secret arrangements to move out of town. I don’t know exactly when we’ll leave, but without Big Boss Randy to protect his name, my father’s in danger. The other remaining soldiers of Big Boss Randy are also doing the same thing, you know to avoid complications with the police. Some of the top executives, my dad’s peers, are doing their best to elude them, but just to be safe, a lot of the guys are moving out.” Explained Reinfeld.

It was 10 a.m., five hours after the shooting, and the two guys were slouched on a bench in the main campus yard of their college. Reinfeld had already changed into a baggy green shirt and dark brown pants.

They had to be quiet, so that the passing students wouldn’t get what they’re saying.

“S**t ...” Muttered Greg.

“What is it?” Asked Reinfeld.

“I’m just goddamn tired, that’s all man, and I still can’t get all that shooting out of my mind.” Said Greg while pressing both of his palms on his forehead.

“Tell me about it.” Said Reinfeld. “So man, are gonna skip another class today?” He asked as he stood up.

“Most definitely man.” Answered Greg. He raised an arm and Reinfeld tugged on it and pulled him to his feet as well.

“So ... how did you feel man?” Asked Greg as they slowly walked out of the campus.

“About what?” Asked Reinfeld curiously.

“About ... you know, shooting a guy.” Replied Greg.

“Honestly ... it felt surprisingly exciting.” Answered Reinfeld simply with a smile.

© 2018 Ian Titian


Author's Note

Ian Titian
Heavily inspired by Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece, Reservoir Dogs. Warning: This story contains violence so it is unsuitable for younger readers

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018
Tags: Crime, gang, mafia, guns, action, gun, reservoir dogs, Quentin Tarantino, violence, violent, gem, heist, caper

Author

Ian Titian
Ian Titian

Malang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia



About
Art is what enables our eyes to see beyond what is visible. It can captivate our souls and make us realize how beautiful and majestic the world around us is, for there is so much to be appreciated tha.. more..

Writing
Cania Cania

A Screenplay by Ian Titian