The Odd Number

The Odd Number

A Chapter by Andrew Wang

    The number 11 is the weirdest number in the world. I'm 11 years old, and then crazy things start happening. This may sound weird, but here goes.

    Today is May 10th, and I was just with my mom in the car. I looked at my black, waterproof watch and it said 11:11 A.M. We were driving from my school because there was just a blackout and we have no windows in our classroom. I tried making a few suggestions but the principal said no to all of them. He must hate the view. I was really bored and I had nothing to think about, so I looked out the car window. Trees passed by, some mailboxes, and a griffin. You know, those mythical creatures? I didn't really notice it or think about it until about 11 minutes later. I have no idea how I knew it was 11 minutes, but I was so shocked I couldn't do anything for a while. I sat there, with my mouth open, gaping, for the rest of the car ride.

     Finally, when we arrived at our house, I spoke. "Wha... bla... no... not... possible... weird." My mom turned around. Her hair was loose, so it went down to her shoulders. She didn't have make-up on, since she didn't really need it.

    "Max? You've never been speechless in your life? Is something wrong?" I decided not to tell her anything or else she'd think I'm crazy. " Huh? Oh... uh... nothing." She turned back around but I could tell she was still suspicous.

    Later, while I was getting ready to get in bed, I heard a squawking noise, like a huge bird was crying for help. I looked out my bedroom window (and I was very happy that I had one) and saw a flock of birds that were yellow and had a few red feathers on them, and long beaks. I knew they had to be mythical creatures, but I couldn't name them. I counted 11. Really strange.

     This had to be the weirdest thing in my life. I still remember something funny, really weird, and scary that happened when I was 6 years old. I had a spoon that was I was using to eat ice cream, and I wanted to put it in the washing machine. Unfortunately, the washing machine was already in use. My parents bought it a long time ago so it didn't work that well. When I opened it, a rapid jet of water hit me in the face. I still put the spoon in without washing it and I went to the bathroom to take a shower. When I was finished, I went to the kitchen, feeling refreshed. I saw something that I had never seen before. My mom was lying on a chair, head hanging back, like she just had a heart attack. She came back to her senses and showed me the spoon I had put in the washing machine. Apparently, I had put the spoon in when it was in the mode, "Air dry". To make a long story short, I almost threw the spoon at a window and we decided to throw it away. I had a record of 136 nightmares in a row after that.

     I finally fell alseep after thinking about that memory, and I had a feeling I was going to have another nightmare.



© 2009 Andrew Wang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great discriptions. You're right, 11 is the most weirdest number. Yesterday was the 11th of May. So many weird things happened yesterday. I saw you come to my house to borrow my book. Back to subject. I liked how you described the spoon incident. That was really funny and humorous. I liked it a lot. I'll look forward to reading your next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great wording... it gave me a clear visual of that... 11 is a wierd number ain't it? anyhoo... keep up the good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2009
Last Updated on August 12, 2009


Author

Andrew Wang
Andrew Wang

Westford, MA



About
I am 11 years old and I love reading books. My favorites are the Warrior series, the Artemis Fowl series, and the Percy Jackson series. I also love ice cream! more..

Writing