I Talk To A Strange Piece Of Housing Material

I Talk To A Strange Piece Of Housing Material

A Chapter by Andrew Wang

    I wasn't sure how long I slept, but I was pretty sure it was only about 5 seconds. When I woke up again, we were still in the air, going up. Maybe time goes slow when you ride a Phoenix, maybe not. I'm not that afraid of heights and I tried to look down to see if I could still see my house. But a gust of wind prevented me from looking and slammed my head against the Phoenix..

     Soon we were going up again. The world turned white, literally, before my eyes, and I was sure that I was dreaming. Then that's when I realized we were in the clouds. Sometimes, I just forget things.

     I decided to give the Phoenix a name. I wanted to name it Swift or something like that, but we've been up in the clouds for an hour, so it didn't really seem to fit. I just called it Blobby, cause I couldn't really thing of anything else. I didn't like Bob, Joe sounded like it would be from the army, and Shooby-wooby, uhhh... never mind.

     Finally, we started going down at about 90 miles per hour. The wind slapped in the face and I had to turn my head around, but Blobby looked fine. We were heading for this puny building that was in a huge city, like New York. I lived in Massachusetts, near Boston, so Blobby and I must have traveled pretty far. For a person.

     The small house looked out of place, like a chicken in the middle of a hundred cows. When we landed right in front of the green door of the house, I noticed something really odd. There were 11 red feathers on Blobby, while the rest were yellow. I just sat there, thinking, and the Phoenix jumped and I slipped off roughly and landed on the cement. I got up, steadily, using Blobby as support. It cocked its head, as if it was wondering what I was doing.

     I walked toward the house and reached for the doorknob. But before I could turn it, it yelped. "Yoweeeeee!! Leggo o' my shnazolla already!" I recoiled my hand quickly, as if the knob was on fire. Then I saw the face of the knob. It was basically two ovals for eyes and a line that could move to make a mouth.

     "You... you... can talk?"

     " Well, duh! And don't be so rude. Doorknobs have feelings, too!" I turned around and looked at the large Phoenix. It pointed its beak at the door, and moved its head as if it wanted me to go in.

     I looked backed at the circle of metal that had a face. "But I have to get in! The, uhh, Phoenix wants me too." The knob snorted. "What's your name, bub?"

     "Max."

     "Last name?"

     "Uh, Laosly."

     The knob stuck his tongue out. It was hot pink, and it looked weird with the rest of the doorknob. "Your last name is dumb. Unlike yours, my last name is awesome. My whole name is Knob Stupid." I could see why the last name fit him well. "Sooo... can I get in?"

     "What do you think?" I paused. "Yes?" Knob made a sad face. "I hate to admit it, but your right. Come in. Hold my face and turn it. Be careful though, I have make-up on." I thought Knob was a male, so he shouldn't have make-up. But I guess doorknob ways are different than human ways.

     I reached toward Knob, but I hesitated. What if this was a trap? What if I would never be able to see my family again? There I was, having my "what ifs" thing. But I knew it wasn't a trap, because I didn't have the Stomach Feeling. I get that feeling if something bad is going to happen and it's very useful.

     I reminded myself again that I had to find out about these creatures, especially Knob Stupid. and the Phoenix.

     I opened the door and stepped in the small room.



© 2009 Andrew Wang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on May 13, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2009


Author

Andrew Wang
Andrew Wang

Westford, MA



About
I am 11 years old and I love reading books. My favorites are the Warrior series, the Artemis Fowl series, and the Percy Jackson series. I also love ice cream! more..

Writing