Maybe more

Maybe more

A Chapter by Lynda

My mouth dropped as I blinked. just to make sure I wasnt insane. nothing. Maybe there was something more about Matt. I made it back in time for second period. Over the next few weeks, Matt became more and more interesting to me and he was more and more interested into me with very passing second. It all started when we were paired together for science, of course.

"So Alex, can I ask you a question?" He asked me as he wrote down an answer on the sheet of paper and passed it to me to check. He was right. I looked down at the next question and smiled. I already knew the answer. I scribbled it down and smiled.

"You're already asking one, but go ahead" I smiled at him as I passed the paper to him.

"Okay so what made you come here?" That question caught me off guard, no one asked that. No one didnt even dare to ask that question.

"Why would you ask that?"  I chuckled nervously trying to manage my cool. I was acting so human because I was nervous. At first I was taught to not show any emotion, then when my coven's leader was killed, we were taught to be ready but show emotions to trick the humans. But we were never taught to be nervous, we were always told that if we became nervous, then to kill the person making us that way quickly. That wouldnt work at all.

"You see really different from the others. And tess told me that you moved here a year ago. So I'm just trying to piece the reason why you're here. You're not like the others. You're different." He came closer to my face, his hot breath panting down my face. It almost burned, but it felt so refreshing to me. His smoky scent became stronger.If I could blush, I would then.

"I can here to get a new start. Somethings are better to be left in the past where they belong." I whispered for him to hear as I looked down and saw that he had answered another question.

"You know the past has a way of catching up with you sometimes. And when that happens, it usually happens to people who keep their past a secret. You know you can tell me, right?" He whispered as he reached for my hand. He was so honest. He was so trusting.

"I-I cant" I whispered to him, more like stammering. Why was I acting like this? I hated acting so human like this. It wasnt the way that I was taught. It wasnt the way that I had created for myself to act.

"Okay, then" Then he went back to being Matt again.

Then the next week during music he asked me another question that caught me off guard. I was singing another solo that I had almost perfected in vampire standards, but in human life, it was perfect. They couldnt hear the actual difference in my voice when I messed up. But they clapped on.

"So I didnt know that you could sing, keep this up and I'll only know a few facts about you. You're a real mystery, you know?" His smile turned suddenly serious as he moved closer. His light carmel eyes were so soft and concerning. I couldnt help but feel lost in them. He was so different. He moved in closer to me and I could feel the heat from his body and saw that he was leaning on his arm which was a few inches above my right shoulder. I backed up against a wall which I could easily break, but didnt want to. I wanted to be near Matt for some strange reason. "Yeah" I could feel a sudden lump in my throat. I wasnt supposed to feel this way. He raised an eyebrow.

"So when's the next trip?" He smiled.

"Why?" Get ahold of yourself. Dont want to expose the secret that you worked to keep a secret for the past 150 years. I told myself.

"Just wondering, I was thinking of taking you somewhere and I know how important those trips are to you."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow and

"Yeah so when is the next trip?" 

"I dont know" 

"Well are you busy this friday?" Yes I told my mouth to speak but something else came out.

"No, why?" Stupid mouth, Something else was in control of it. Something that I had not felt in a long time, My heart, told it to say yes.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me." 

"You mean a date?" I pieced it together at a human pace.

"Sure why not? What do ya say?"  No say no,

"Yes" I stammered out.

"Yes! I'll pick you at six. Wait where's your house?" 

"Here" I scribbled it down on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

"Sweet. I'll see ya later then" he smiled  and walked off to his next class leaving me confused and nervous.



© 2009 Lynda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on May 5, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2009


Author

Lynda
Lynda

About
Me? I'm just a writer and a poet from Missiouri. I'm always writing. I write mainly fanfiction, but i just got a deviant account so then there's that too. more..

Writing