The date

The date

A Chapter by Lynda

Sometimes vampires go out. But that only happens with other vampires. Never a human. So you could tell how nervous I must have felt.

"You'll be fine" My guardian Jasmine, aka my adopted grandmother told me. She was about 400 years old but didnt look a day past 28.

"Yeah right" I looked out the window.

"Please just try to wear the clothes I gave you. They might be really handy for you to wear. After all, how many times have you been out on a date?" 

"This would be my first" I sighed.

"Excalty, just try to be yourself. And he'll love you" 

"My real self is a vampire. He's a human at least that's what he's got to be" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"There's an inhuman scent around him. Like he spends more time in the smoky mountains than in the mall." I whispered.

"Get dressed and I'll be right back. " She tossed me the clothes and left my room. I changed into a pair of jeans, and a very interesting shirt. It was dark red with black see-through sleeves. I placed on a pair of black chucks. I looked into the mirror to see that I looked very vampire-ish. My dark brown hair was long and my pale skin made me beautiful and my golden eyes stood out to give me a very interesting look. I used to stare at myself in all my free time, to look at my beauty and just marvel at it. But now I was so used to it. Then Jasmine came back with a very disgusted look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Cant you smell it?" She gaped at me.

"Smell what?" I took a wiff of air in and smelt the smoky mountain scent of Matt's . He was near. I was used to smelling the scent, after all at first I thought that I was just obessed. But he had a very strong smell, and after a while it was comforting and interesting.

"There's a werewolf nearby cant you feel it?" She hissed at me. Werewolves, the vampire's worst enemy. But I never met one in all my life. So I had no idea what they were like. But from Jasmine's stories, they could be very weak or just as strong as the strongest vampire.

"No, remember I've never met one" I told her as I looked out the window to see Matt walk out of the woods.

"Ugh, its getting worse even now" She closed her nose. I smelt the air to smell Matt's now very strong scent. it was disgusting at first, but now I loved it. I couldnt breathe without it coming to my nose, and almost burning it. I loved the feeling of it.

"Is that Matt?" She pointed down.

"Yes, why does it matter to you?" I glared at her.

"That's a werewolf" She growled at me. My breathing stopped. There was no way that Matt was a werewolf. She must have been wrong. He was so beautiful. He was Matt like which was a mixture of human and inhuman characteristics. But he was human, he had to be.

"NO! He's not a werewolf! There's no possible way" I growled at her.

"He sure stinks like one!" She hissed at me.

"He does not stink!" I stood up and growled at her.

"Yes he does! He's a werewolf! Alexandra, open your eyes!" She ordered. She was our coven's last leader. By that time, we were the only ones left. 

"My eyes are opened! Matt's not a werewolf!" 

"Then why would he be so interested in you?" She hissed at me again. 

"He's a teenaged boy who thinks that a vampire's a beautiful model" I answered back. 

"No, any other teenaged boy wouldnt go this far! Think about it, when there's a werewolf, there's usually a pack. And where there's a pack, there's a leader, and the first werewolf is usually a scout" She glared at me. I knew that she spoke the truth, but there's was no way that Matt could be one. I had a feeling to always be around him. 

"He's not a werewolf! I'll prove it!" I whispered. Then the doorbell rang. 

"Just remember that when there's a scout, there's usually chance of getting heartbroken. I dont want to see you get broken. Please just do the plan that I had taught you okay?" She whispered to me then went back to her room. I ran down the stairs to see that Matt had broken down our 150 year old antique door. He had a face of panic and worry. 

"Alex! Where are they?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to his body. The heat of his body was filled with his smoky scent. 

"What are you talking about? You just broke down my door, to ask where are they? Who's they?' I shouted at him. 

"Alex, I saw someone come inside the house. It was a dark figure" He explained. 

"It must have been my aunt or a family member" I lied. 

"Well there goes another door. I told you that they would be knocking down doors for you." Jasmine entered the room with a fake smile on her face. Her face was so fake in vampire standards, but Matt couldnt tell the difference. 

"He thought that we were in danger. Aunt Jazz" I smirked as I used her most-hated nickname. 

"Well its really sweet that this young man decided to make sure that we were safe. But honestly, did you really have to knock down our front door?" She laughed. 

"Sorry. I'll fix it" 

"Oh no. I'll have someone come and fix it." She pretended to not to trouble him, but I could tell that she was trying to interfere.

"No, I broke it. I'll fix it. My friend, Kyle owns a home help business. He's really good with tools. I'll bring him by and we'll fix it" 

"But at least let us pay you" I blurted out. Great I was acting nervous in front of the one person that told me to kill the person making me nervous. Jasmine just raised an eyebrow.

"No, its okay. I'm happy to fix anything that I break" 

"Okay well, as Alex's guardian, where are you too planning on going for tonight?" She smiled at him.

"I was thinking of cooking some food and just having a movie marathon here" 

"No!" Jasmine and I both yelled at him.

"I mean, I need to get out of here. And Aunt Jazz and I have a pertectuar taste in food. So what else is planned?" 

"Well, there's always just walking in the woods together"

"that sounds nice, lets go" I grabbed him by the hand and rushed out the house.

"Nice Aunt. She's interesting" He tried to place his words together.

"Yeah, she's one of a kind" I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"IN fight with her?" 

"More than you know, but I dont want her to spoil tonight." I sighed.

"Yeah, wanta go to this place I know about?" 

"Sure" I nodded as he took my hand and led me up to the top of a moutain. This was my favorite place because on the top of the mountain was a small meadow that was hidden from the world. There were all kinds of exotic flowers and green grass.

"I love this place" He smiled.

"Its my favorite place to be. Its always so beautiful" I smiled as I looked at a blue rose bush. I had planted it a long time ago. But it always grew back along with every other exotic plant that I had planted here. I looked over at Matt. His eyes were so alluring. So beautiful. We leaned until our lips met. His lips were hot as in heat wise. I pulled away and backed away.

"Alex can I ask you something?" 

"Didnt just ask me that?"  I laughed nervously.

"No, but just let me talk" he paused to see me nod slowly.

"Kyle and I are different than what most people are used to" He sighed as he sat on a rock.

"Really?" 

"Yeah, and we know that you're different too. If you know what I mean" He looked up at me.

"No I dont" I tried to pretend that I didnt know what he was talking about. But I did. He was talking about being a werewofl. That was what he meant. Jasmine was right as always, which meant that I was going to have to break his heart to get him off my back.

"Cut that bull out. Alex, you know what I'm talking about" He glared at me. I couldnt believe those words. He never raised his voice at me. Never, which only confirmed that he was a werewolf.

"Matt, I honestlly dont know that what you're talking about" I pretended again.

"Yes, you do! Alex I know what your secret is! I l know about Jasmine and you. About all of your kind! Are you trying to torture me?" His eyes were filled with sadness and torture. I couldnt stand to see him like this. 

"You cant be" Was all that got out my mouth.

"A werewolf? You're a vampire, dont you know what that does to me? Knowing that I cant be with you because I'm supposed to hate you? I think about you every second, there isnt a moment that passes by where I dont think about you. Where I wish to be near you? Where I tell myself that I cant because I'm supposed to hate you? I love you, Alex." Tears were running down his face. 

"Dont you think that this is hard on me too?"  I whispered to him. 

"Yes" He breathed. 

"I love you Matt" My heart thumped, I jumped from the feeling. I wasnt supposed to have a heart. But my heart beated for just one moment, as I said those words. 

"Did your heart just beat?"  Matt whispered. I nodded. 

"Wow" He smiled weakly as he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I was wrapped quickly into the kiss. I felt the both of us transported to a different planet. We were the only ones that mattered. Nobody else troubled us, no enemy lines to pull us apart. I released the kiss to let Matt breathe, and we were hit by reality again. Or at least I was. If Matt knew then he was supposed to be a spy for his little pack and he was supposed to kill me. That's what Jasmine taught me. Matt leaned in for another kiss, but I put my fingers to his lips.

"We cant" 

"Why not?" 

"We're two different people let alone two different species" I whispered.

"So? Dont tell that you didnt like that kiss" 

"I did like it. That's what's scaring me. We're too different" I whispered.

"You know what I see?" 

"No" 

"I see just two teenagers in love." He pressed his forehead against mine.

"I dont" I stood up and walked away. I felt a heaviness somewhere. But I knew that we could never do this, we couldnt date. We werent allowed too.

"You wanta know something?" He took my hand.

"I cant go a mintue without thinking about. Without wondering if your okay or not? It you're going to be alright. I need you" 

"No" I felt my throat crackle. I didnt know that vampires could produce tears but this just proved it.

"Why are you doing this? Dont you want to be together? I thought that you wanted a second chance" 

"I can't. Matt. If you knew what I've done, then you wouldnt want to be with me" I sobbed to him taking in every tear that I was releasing. I missed being human. I missed blushing, being a clutz, being alive. So in the past I used to try to cry, but there were no tears, but now there were. I savored the feeling of the tears falling down my cheek as my throat dried up and I looked down.

"Dont cry" Matt ran over and whispered to me as he pushed a tear away.

"No!" I hissed at him.Then I would say the words that I am still regreting to this second in this minute at this hour. 

"Get away you stupid dog!" I yelled at him as I jerked away from his touch.

"Alex, I thought that you were different" His voice crackled softly. I didnt want to see his face so i turned away and faced the edge of the mountain instead.

"I guess that you were wrong." I whispered very sharp at him. I didnt want to say those words. But I had to, Jasmine was right and I didnt deserve to be with him. I was too much of a vile, cold-hearted creature to do that.

"Yeah I guess I was." He said to me with an edged voice and then he left me. He was gone. My Matt was gone forever. Just like my family was and my human best friend was.

"I'm so sorry Matt. I love you" I mummered as I curled into a ball and started to cry. I felt all the tears pour down my face as I sobbed. What had I done? Jasmine was right and I obeyed her evil rule of command. She just told me to do the order, I didnt have to but I did anyway. I let a broken-hearted roar go and started to scream as I sobbed a few more tears. Then I couldnt feel Matt's lingering scent anymore and I couldnt even cry anymore. I was a vampire again, i always was and still am. Nothing could make me human again. Then a howl was heard and I realized who was howling and what would happen next. Since I broke Matt's heart, he decided to go ahead and warn his pack to come and kill me and Jasimine. I got and started to run. I had to run fast to escape the pack, I had no time to go and save Jasmine. Only the time to save myself and she would have heard the howl anyway. I started for the one person that I knew would help me because she was my sister.



© 2009 Lynda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 10, 2009
Last Updated on May 23, 2009


Author

Lynda
Lynda

About
Me? I'm just a writer and a poet from Missiouri. I'm always writing. I write mainly fanfiction, but i just got a deviant account so then there's that too. more..

Writing