Rain on a grapevine leaf.

Rain on a grapevine leaf.

A Story by Icelanna
"

When a picture inspires a story.

"

She leans forward, looking over a mass of multicolour to the long drop below. The floor carpeted with others she knew, lying lifeless on the ground while she stays fixed to her home. Her root embedded as she holds on tightly, her edge curling in the wind as she admires the fall. Her tiny veins run through her surface, breathing in the fresh pine air of the new season as they trail from left to right. Her face the shade of new emerald diamonds as her face shines in the midday sun, sparking her potential to fly as the wind pushes her edges forward as she leans. Her colour is dampened with tear-drops of rain, the texture absorbing its drops as they slide down her face to her friends below, dripping a tear onto their brown faded edges.

She can see her friends below her, the ones that still live around her. They wave and whistle in the spring day weather and their colour transform from emerald to brown as the summer slides to autumn. She knows that she’ll be down there, that she’ll see her friends again but for now she lives up high, where the acorns grow and the others bloom, but secretly she awaits her adventure to fly away and to see where the wind takes her. 



                                                

© 2012 Icelanna


Author's Note

Icelanna
Was wondering how my skills of writing manage when asked to describe a random picture with no premeditation and no idea of the picture chosen for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

such minute observation deserves accolades!
Bravo well done and thx for the view into the life of this leaf

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thank you x
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

(*_*)
nice story of a leaf lifes journey through the seasons and good use of aliteration throughout. have you tried structuring this into a poem at all ?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thanks and um no not really. I very rarely do poetry x
silfrstjrana

11 Years Ago

to each their own lol good work anyway
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Lol thank you x
so simple, so intriguing. Inspiration can come from anywhere, I suppose. Interesting perspective, too :) ~em

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thank you x
what an interesting concept, and what a creative piece you've pulled from it. At first I thought it was in the perspective of a rain-drop on a leaf, so the description was a nice surprise. A lovely whimsical write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Of course, I love this image, what with my twisted mind: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&tbo=d&.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

Thanks :) I'll send you a rr when I get it up.
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thanks :) x
I LIKE THIS! GOOD JOB, I BET YOU GOT AN A ON YOUR ASSINMENT, I LIKE HOW WHAT YOU WROTE MATCHES UP PERFECTLY TO YOUR PICTURE

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is an interesting concept you chose to work with. Who chose the picture out for you?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I asked my mother to go onto google, find a picture at random for me and she e-mailed me a l.. read more
Phillitup

11 Years Ago

Interesting. I think you did a lovely job with it!
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thank you :] x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

596 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012
Tags: nature, leaves, pictures, rain

Author

Icelanna
Icelanna

Wales, Caerphilly, United Kingdom



About
Hi guys! Sorry, I don't come on here all that often anymore. I'm busy in university and editing my book! I'm sorry If I haven't read any of your requests. Anyway, you can read the rest of "Madelin.. more..

Writing