Ambition,Perfection, and Bewitching

Ambition,Perfection, and Bewitching

A Story by IcyRose
"

Writing on my dearest friend

"
In a room fully exciting capacity with deafening conversations roaring at full power, the soft voice of Ms. Emily Teague brings everything to a dead silence. The audiences attention is spellbound to her alluring emerald gaze and seductively graceful movements as she makes her way towards the front of the crowd. Entire bodies go stiff as she glides past. Some blubber in excitement, others declaring their love, and a few even wish to embrace my friend. No one seems to even note my existence as I follow, her loyal shadow as it would seem. The hundreds of people erupt into elated applause and cries coveting her precious attention. Emily turns to her subjects like a queen and gives a god like laughter in appreciation to their welcoming. Its been like this ever since I met her. She is like a goddess incarnate; plans and goals that would cause inanity on an human if they were to attempt all what she accomplishes in a normal day. There is nothing in existence out of her reach. You can tell, just tell, by a quick look at Ms. Teauge, the visions and steadfastness within her is why she hold positions of power like you or I breath. Her elongated finger grasp for the future above the gathering so far ahead that even we know she might stumble and make a mistake begrudgingly. No past sin though shall be birthed again on her path to the top. She even has the philosophe: Any flaw, no matter the kind, will not go uncorrected with the wisdom gained to never give an opportunity in future endeavors. I once talked with a teacher we shared about his perception of my friend. The response was chillingly perfect, " What ever her past, what ever she is apart of, and what ever she shall accomplishes will be nothing less than harmonious. It is those chains, deeply rooted in her soul that will carry humanity out of this tainted chasm and into our coveted utopia we seek. It is only a matter of when, not if. What a reality she is inventing!" I feel a warmth blooms from my thigh. It is her leaning against me and I am pulled back into the room with her from my thoughts. Her speech is done but not many people have left. All of them want to steal some minutes of her attention. Our eyes meet in silent conversation. She wants to leave and I don’t want to stay. Her hand slips around my hip and mine drapes over her shoulder which gets me looks of envy and wrath that I am use to. I don’t care though because she is my most cherished part of me and my life. I do not think she remembers what I once said to her, " You are a rose made of ice that never melts. Wanted by the darkest things among the shadows and awed by all in the light. So much is forced onto you that cracks have begun and you are about to shatter. I am a snake, slithering from the shadows to escape the monsters even worse then I. So hear my hiss: Let me make a home below your petals. Coiled in between your thorns in serenity and ecstasy from the beauty you enfold me in. With that gift I shall be your shadow. I will poison the hands that try to pluck you from me and keep you rooted through life's hurricanes. All I wish from you beyond that is to never leave me but keep me close. I will slumber with you for eternity." When we finally make it out of the crowd I hear her whisper under her breath with a veil of hair hiding her face from my eyes. " Awaken little snake beneath my blossom for I am about to make our dreams melt into reality." I give a small giggle because I know although I am the snake no one can see she is the one to never cross. She winks and kisses my cheek, and we laugh aloud leaving all the puppets and thoughts of others in our footprints.

© 2014 IcyRose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014
Tags: Descriptions, Girl, Friend, visual, idol, appreciation, goddess, role model, coveted, sister

Author

IcyRose
IcyRose

Chico, CA



About
I like to write freely. My words wont make sense at times and will be filled with raw emotion but its what i like to do. We write not to speak less, but to put weight in what we would say aloud. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5