A day at work

A day at work

A Story by Identity Thefted
"

I know there's not a point... but I'm at work. AND I'm bored off my a*s... so this is a regular day for Brookelyn Grace and I.D. Thefted. Ain't it grand, Carl?

"

  I sat at the computer desk, stairing blankly at the screen in front of me. The snow-white screen mocking me with it's pureness and that stupid blinking cursor. Brookelyn glanced over, "Ya know, you're being really bitchy today." I shoved the keyboard back into its cubby and began to stand."I'm going out for a cigarette. You coming?" She uncrossed her legs, stood and stretched. Her back cracking with every turn. "Of course. Where else are you gonna get a cigarette from? After all you did quit and all." I stood at the desk watching her, trying to keep the millions of little insults to keep from flying out of my mouth. "Lifes like a corndog", was all I could say. She began laughing in only the way Brookelyn Grace can. We made it to the door and before I could stop or even filter what I was saying I said " You're just to emotional and it's not my fault that you're so sensitive." She looked as though I had slapped her. I said the one thing that she had heard one too many times before. She opened the door and shook two cigarettes from the pack, "You better be glad that you're pregnant."  I began chuckling, "I'm not yet, but it's not for lack of your brother trying. Yeah that's right your brother fucked me. How does that make you feel? Cuz' it's funny as hell to me!" I knew exactly what she was thinking. She was going over all of the memories of her past that she kept hidden away from the world. Those few little things that she isn't supposed to talk about anymore. "Ya know, if y'all weren't having sex I would feel sorry for you. I mean isn't that what married couples do?" "Yeah yeah, married couple. Blah blah blah. I'm bored. Can we close the shop early?"                          

© 2009 Identity Thefted


Author's Note

Identity Thefted
I don't need notes... I need something to do... HELP PLEASE!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you. Even when you crawl inside my mind. It is good to know someone can.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2009

Author

Identity Thefted
Identity Thefted

Sheridan, AR



About
I am the best friend of a writer. I have no artistic talent of my own, so to speak. However, I make a point of at least trying. I spent the greatest part of my time doodling random swirls and lines in.. more..

Writing