Adoration

Adoration

A Poem by Idyllwyld
"

Equals are not afraid to fight one another. Fight like you love, and love like you fight.

"

You want to be in a relationship with me? Is that what you believe you truly desire?

 

Listen and understand. Those entangled with me either are the stronger or the weaker. And you, little one, are weak. You will always be within my shadow, looking up towards that which is above you. Whether it be out of affection, or vengeance, everything you do will be in reaction to me. In respect of me.

 

You are no equal to me right now. You are not my peer. It would not be a relationship of mutually-tiered connection, it would be ownership. To have you now in the hopes of your rising later would be folly, as a relationship borne of fear and intimidation is not one of any decent permanence or meaning.

 

In your dreams you will be my minion, and in reality you will be my slave. Do not say now that you’d rather devote your life to mine, because if you do then you will never feel true happiness.

 

Go. Live and become worthy so that I would seek to be worthy of you. Or stay, and know that I will never love you more than I would an insect.

© 2011 Idyllwyld


Author's Note

Idyllwyld
I usually proofread my works, however as always I'm sure there are typos and syntax errors. I appreciate any and all notices of that, and will work to correct those. If I haven't do know that I did acknowledge your notice and try implementing it, but found that it detracted from the effect I wanted and so omitted it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011

Author

Idyllwyld
Idyllwyld

Mission Hills, CA



About
Hrmmm. I could get back to this...but perhaps I won't? And this little box of a biography might be all you could possible gleam to know about me, if you're even reading this. Or even reading this to k.. more..

Writing