Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Talihina Sky

Talihina Sky

A Poem by Bryony Kate
"

Still stuck with no inspiration :( Been writing a lot of abstract stuff based on lyrics from songs, this is inspired by Kings of Leon's song Talihina Sky, also the name of their documentary.

"
We lay together amongst the sandy grass, staring across to the cracked train track, where tall weeds danced in the evening breeze. He takes a long draw of our joint, attempting to keep up the ignorant feeling that had lingered for the past week. The rum bottle was nearly empty at my side. Meanwhile in town, everything would be the same, the people continuing along with their daily life. 
They would huddle together in groups, muttering words, of which most were false. They would sweep the mud-brown leaves into piles which would scatter themselves again by morning. The children would splash in the dirty water, and dry themselves with foul smelling towels. They would continue as before.
Everybody says that this place is so beautiful. They laugh when I say that we want to leave, they point to the setting sun and remind me that it would be so foolishly crazy to leave. The people in this town think that sun set is beautiful. I don’t. I don’t like the strange red-ish glow it casts, I don’t like the abnormal shadows it creates, I don’t like the icy chill it brings to the air and I don’t like the way it signals the end of another day. The end of another wasted day.

© 2012 Bryony Kate


Author's Note

Bryony Kate
Not very good but haven't posted in so long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this I thought it was wonderful,
like the detail and imagery.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: Abstract, Kings of Leon, Nashville, Tennessee

Author

Bryony Kate
Bryony Kate

United Kingdom



About
I'm Bryony. I love books and coffee. You probably won't like my writing. more..

Writing
Airports Airports

A Story by Bryony Kate