Airports

Airports

A Story by Bryony Kate
"

I'm going away soon and was thinking about airports; I think better when I write down my thoughts. A little rambling, I guess.

"
Airports are both wonderful and tragic.
Personally, I love airports.
I love the busyness of hundreds, often thousands, of people each about to go on their own adventure. Some adventures bigger than others. Some for business trips; these wear expensive suits and are often carrying a briefcase and stony expression. They buy newspapers and sit on the steel benches alone.Then there are the lone travelers. These can be spotted hidden behind a book with a coffee clutched tightly to their chest, for a while they are lost in their own adventure right there in the airport. You also have the families; you usually hear these before you see them. Screeching, laughing, talking loudly, they are always making some form of noise. They have lots of luggage and can usually be found near cheap, greasy food. 
Their adventures vary. 
The planes that line up in a neat little line in front of the wall of glass jet across the world. The destinations range from massive cities crowded by towering buildings that bully the polluted skies to small remote towns with dainty beaches and sloping hills.

© 2013 Bryony Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I live near one of those "small remote towns with dainty beaches and sloping hills". Couldn't have said it any better.
Contrary to what your profile states, I actually enjoy your writing. Although I hold back on criticisms as I am nothing but what I enjoy, and I enjoyed reading your story.

The airport, like bus stations or dance clubs, is a very interesting place to people watch.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Bryony Kate

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Marc, I really appreciate it :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. Very jealous that you get.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 26, 2013

Author

Bryony Kate
Bryony Kate

United Kingdom



About
I'm Bryony. I love books and coffee. You probably won't like my writing. more..

Writing