Dark Steel: Prologue

Dark Steel: Prologue

A Story by InspiredRain
"

This is a dark little intro to a new story, at first it seems to be one of those stories to make you fear what's behind you, but it's rambling to get an understanding of the dark aura to the character

"
You've seen it before, we all have, it hides within itself. It comes at night and can stick around during the day. You think nothing of it, you see it all the time, but only once your mind begins to fade do you fear it. It holds all your fears, your nightmares, your failures, and of course yourself. As you read it may already be creeping on you, will you look to your back now? Maybe it is best you don't, cause then you'll know it's there. 
Can you tell what it is yet, that one thing that you should fear all the time? Of course, it's darkness. Not afraid of the dark you say, well, you should be. The darkness is fear, it is your fears, it is your failures. Sometimes you look into it and feel nothing, but when your mind fades, on a weary night, you'll know what I mean. Your fears play in the darkness, they see it through you and morph it to what they want you to see, your fears.   
Are you feeling it yet? That sense of dread as the darkness closes in. Now when the time of fear comes you'll try and tell yourself it's nothing, that it isn't there, but it is. You think it's a trick of the mind, but it isn't, it's the gateway to evil. And the evil that will spill out of the gateway is putrid, it is your own evil.
Do you think you're good? Then put it to the test, sit in the dark when you feel tired. You will hear the voices talking, they will want you to give in. They want you to become your nightmare, because secretly you want to. When you start feeling your fear torment you then you know you want to be the nightmare. The nightmare controls the fears cause it will always be darker than them.
Can you feel the demon knocking at your sanity? Don't let him in. You're demons can be your closest friends when you aren't with the darkness. They like to play in the darkness, so don't let it get to close, then you'll see the corruption you're friends hold, the evil they can be. Now here's the twist, we don't all have these friends.
Are they there? The part of you that makes you strong. You can deny all you want, but truth be told, the closer you are to them, the longer you'll live. The strength they can give you is limitless if you don't let them take you. There's only one man I know that controls his demons like toys, some say he's become one himself. You'll find that they are most helpful in his particular business. This man's name is simply, steel

© 2014 InspiredRain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Third paragraph, change 'cause' to 'because'.
At second to last paragraph, remove 'You're' and replace it with 'Your'.
last sentence, change 'steel' to 'Steel'. It's a pronoun, and should have the first letter capitalized.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2014
Last Updated on September 29, 2014
Tags: horror-fiction fantasy

Author

InspiredRain
InspiredRain

East Ridge, TN



About
I prefer to write more into the genres of horror and adventure. Usually the horror aspect is for that of a younger generation due to the characters I make. The adventure ones tend to be a bit more gri.. more..

Writing