Love's Definition

Love's Definition

A Story by InspiredRain
"

A quick thought of mine

"
Are you one of those people that believe you'll just find love waiting around the corner? If so consider reading on, this is for you.

Love does not have a solid definition, no, love is defined by each individual. I've known people to "fall in love" with a partner that they know are not the best people. Some call this the most powerful love, but it the most powerful of stupidity. When one can love someone despite their very many, many, imperfections.
As humans, we believe love is out there, waiting to be found. However, it isn't waiting to be found, it is waiting to be created. When you meet someone, the first thing we'll do is pick out their personality, try and see who that person is. For some, they just pick out the good parts. To the smart, they pick out the bad parts.
When you look into the soul of another, you want to know the worst parts of them, the sickest and most twisted thought that they don't care they had. From there, you can work to see the better. When you pick out the good parts first, the bad gets dug deep and is harder to find. This is where the illusion of love is created, you meet someone who you know all the good, and all that they are to you is a good loving person.
Before you know it, you'll have been with this person for months, maybe even years before they show their dark side. Now don't get me wrong, it is possible to look at the good and get a good person for you, but it is not the smartest approach. Now, the dark side is out, but you'll be hooked to the good. The good looks so precious, so pure and impossible to taint. Then suddenly, they're doing all this evil deeds, dirty action, and you can't see the good but you won't let it go cause you think you can still find it.
It's gone. The pure side of them was just a mask, and you couldn't see the bad cause you refused to look for it until it was too late. You have a ring on your finger, and a black eye, and you don't know where you went wrong. But I do, you didn't have a definition for love.
Defining love is the true way to create love. When you have a definition, you can use it on everyone you meet, down to the worst parts. Defining love is easy, you dig deep into yourself. However, you don't look for things you want, but things you don't want. Now don't go saying you don't want a guy with a large stomach or a girl with small breasts, then you will never find "love". Always set looks aside.
Now that you've removed the outer layer of the person you think you love, you can look inside them. A few dark spots here, a couple of bright ones there, and suddenly you see it. The person you want isn't the one that you think is good or the best appeasing to your eyes. But the person you can match your definition to.
Here is my definition for love. A girl who I already know, a girl that I trust with my life. One that accepts my ideals, who respects my ways. A girl that doesn't care about my body, but cares about wether or not I'm enjoying myself. That was just a tiny little hint of my definition. Your definitions can run deep. Deeper than the deepest part of the ocean. Then suddenly you'll see, is that person, the one you love?

© 2014 InspiredRain


Author's Note

InspiredRain
Ignore spelling and punctuation errors, this isn't a story, but a point to be made as if I was talking myself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on October 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 9, 2014
Tags: Definition, love, advice

Author

InspiredRain
InspiredRain

East Ridge, TN



About
I prefer to write more into the genres of horror and adventure. Usually the horror aspect is for that of a younger generation due to the characters I make. The adventure ones tend to be a bit more gri.. more..

Writing