Mystery Adventure: Part 1

Mystery Adventure: Part 1

A Story by Impchucker
"

A story being written for fun, but with little direction. Feel free to add comments with suggestions for what should happen next!

"

'Nick? Did you hear that?'

'Yeah,' Nick sat up and reached under the bed for his baseball bat, straining to hear another noise. There it was... a creak, then something bumping into a table... the coffee table, maybe. The living room floor creaks if you step near the coffee table. Nick gripped the bat tighter and carefully got out of bed, trying not to make a sound.

'Nick, be careful,' Deb whispered, looking worried, 'I told you we should get a gun.'

The Frinks down the street had called the police out four days ago. Frank Frink's oldest boy found the cellar window smashed in when he got home from school. Nothing was reported missing, but in a small town that didn't matter. Personally, Nick thought the boy kicked in the window himself. He'd been in that basement before, and he was pretty sure something had gone missing that day, even though Frank didn't want to report it.

Nick crept quietly to the bedroom door and listened. More creaking. Whoever was downstairs certainly wasn't used to creeping in an old house.

'Nicholas, be careful,' Deb looked scared now, '...and don't you wake the baby.'

Nick rolled his eyes. What did she care? Yes, their daughter had just started sleeping through the night, but for the last nine days he'd been the one getting up to take care of her. Deb had been pulling the I-just-had-a-baby-and-I-need-sleep card a lot. Nick didn't mind, really. He loved his baby girl. He just didn't care if she woke up while he beat down the intruder. It'd be his problem to deal with anyway.

Another creak. Whoever it was down there was getting closer the stairs at the end of the hall. Nick took a deep breath, tightened his grip on the bat, and silently opened the bedroom door and slipped out into the hallway...

 

[To Be Continued]

© 2009 Impchucker


Author's Note

Impchucker
Please give suggestions for what should happen next!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 29, 2009
Last Updated on November 29, 2009

Author

Impchucker
Impchucker

Austin, TX



About
I'm a full-time college student pursuing a math degree and teacher certification which happens to be dabbling in writing for fun. I'd love feedback and critiques. Friends are cool, too. more..