We Need to Demand More for Our Country than the Lesser of Two Evils

We Need to Demand More for Our Country than the Lesser of Two Evils

A Story by InTheArena
"

My heart weeps for our country and it's division.

"


Honestly, I can see the pull to vote for Trump in some ways.

We are all upset. We all know we have a system that is flawed with greed and corruption because of a nearly depleted middle class and so many more obvious reasons.

Those who created & continue this system have done everything in their power to keep control, including manipulating the masses by deflecting and redirecting blame.

How?

Why do you think 90%+ of the media is controlled by 6 corporations?

Why do you think when a very disturbing news event like the Dakota Access Pipeline isn't covered until people inundate social media until they can no longer ignore it?

Why do you think when something like the DAPL is being pushed through some kind of hate-filled, country dividing story is presented as top news?

Trump knows who is to blame, but he is using the exact same tactics to get elected, hate and division. He also has used the exact same techniques to become wealthy, so has Hillary.

Does this make them bad people? Well, yes and no. Sometimes we get lost in a corrupt system thinking it's the way everyone lives so it has to be done this way.

Or we have to elect a president this way.

No. No, absolutely not. Mark 3:25 "A house is divided against itself cannot stand."

We can no longer continue to be divided. We all want the same thing. A country that is not corrupted by greed.

We need to stand together and demand it, not trust any politician to get us there that used the same system to make their fortune.

I am guilty of falling onto the, "Hate Trump" bandwagon. I started to feel so much hatred, something I absolutely refuse to allow into my heart was somehow overtaking it.

I know, with every fiber of my being, that the majority of Trump's supporters are not a people who would casually dismiss a sexual assault.

But there is so much anger and hate being fueled by this election and by complacency in a system that we feel we cannot change that it's bringing out the worst in everyone. Everyone.

If our greatest men who founded this country stated, "Divided we fall," then what does that say about our government allowing this monstrosity of an election and division of their country to continue?

Please, look into your heart and ask yourself if you really want to feel hate like this towards a fellow American?

This isn't right. I have seen the kindest people become cruel and crass in their words, physical violence and apathy towards one another all in the name of who is to be elected.

This is not the country that our great and revered founders wanted. I cannot imagine it being anything but their worst fears. Division. Hate. Greed.

As a country, we deserve so much more. I don't know the answer, but I cannot believe who we elect will solve this problem. "Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt." -Samuel Adams.

We can no longer, as a people, allow this kind of division by the greedy and apathetic corrupt few in power.

We must demand change, not pray it comes with a politician elected.

No matter how you feel about what I have written nothing will change this simple fact.

We are stronger together.

We are stronger together.

We are stronger together.

-Marleena Johnson

© 2016 InTheArena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on October 11, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2016
Tags: election, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Division, Bernie Sanders, Country, Liberty, Freedom, Media, DAPL, Greed, politicians, corruption, hate

Author

InTheArena
InTheArena

Sometimes I reside



About
Sometimes I write. more..

Writing
Mud. Mud.

A Chapter by InTheArena