Traditional Wound Management Market: Industry Demand, Analysis and Future Trends 2028

Traditional Wound Management Market: Industry Demand, Analysis and Future Trends 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global traditional wound management market size was valued at USD 5.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Traditional Wound Management Market size is expected to reach USD 7.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2021 to 2028. The rising incidence of chronic diseases, increasing number of accidents, and rising number of ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) are the key driving factors for the market.

The global increase in the incidence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and other autoimmune diseases is one of the key driving factors for market growth. Factors such as the adoption of unhealthy and sedentary lifestyles, alcohol consumption, and smoking are majorly contributing to the rise in the prevalence of non-communicable diseases. Cancer has been a global healthcare burden as it is one of the leading causes of death. Most surgical wounds post-cancer surgery are relatively large in size and deep, producing exudate that requires regular care.

The wound care products such as bandages, medical tapes, and gauze help to manage large wounds, significantly reducing the risk of further infection. According to the estimates from the WHO, in 2018, one in five men and one in six women globally develop cancer during their lifetime. Moreover, as per reports published by WHO, 18.1 million new cancer cases have been reported in 2018, globally. In addition, it also reported that over 70.0% of cancer-related deaths typically occur in middle- and low-income countries. Furthermore, the rising prevalence of chronic conditions and the number of surgeries being performed have also increased globally. Therefore, such factors are anticipated to positively impact market growth over the forecast period.

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Traditional Wound Management Market Report

Traditional Wound Management Market Report Highlights

  • In terms of revenue, the acute wounds segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the rising cases of accidents and trauma globally
  • The gauze segment held the largest share in 2020 owing to its wide range of applicability in various types of injuries and availability of numerous products
  • The hospital segment dominated the market and held the largest revenue share in 2020 due to the rising cases of burns and surgeries
  • In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to the rising number of diabetic patients in this region


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on March 10, 2021
Last Updated on March 10, 2021
Tags: Traditional Wound Management Mar

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing