Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market: Key Companies & Market Share Insights

Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market: Key Companies & Market Share Insights

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market size was valued at USD 202.6 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market size is expected to reach USD 398.6 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2021 to 2028. The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidence of cardiopulmonary and respiratory diseases and technological advancement in the field of ECMO procedures. Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of death globally.


According to the WHO, 17.9 million people died from cardiovascular diseases in 2016. In addition, according to the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, a total of 45,035 patients globally suffered from respiratory illnesses in 2016. Furthermore, increasing awareness about ECMO procedures, coupled with various government initiatives, is further propelling the growth.


The increasing survival rate of ECMO machine supported surgery for cardiac and respiratory patients is also augmenting the market growth. Applications of ECMO machine procedures have been increased over the years. ECMO machine was traditionally used in cases of circulatory or respiratory failure. Its applications have expanded to use as rescue therapy for post-organ transplantation and sepsis and in cases of heart failure.


The ECMO machine use has been rising gradually worldwide owing to its benefits such as artificial lung for the patients and growing awareness about its use. Moreover, increasing healthcare expenditure by government and private agencies in order to improve healthcare facilities is adding growth to the market. According to the American Heart Association, medical expenditure related to CVDs is expected to reach USD 960 billion by 2030 from USD 320 billion in 2011. Major players in the market are focusing on technological collaboration and product launches.


Related Press Release @ Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market Report


Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market Report Highlights

  • North America accounted for the largest share in 2020 owing to favorable reimbursement policies, the presence of key players, and government initiatives
  • By component, the oxygenator segment accounted for the largest share in 2020 owing to its high cost and usage
  • In terms of modality, the veno-arterial segment accounted for the largest share in 2020 and is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period
  • Based on patient type, the adult segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the rising incidence of cardiac and pulmonary diseases
  • On the basis of application, the respiratory segment held the largest market share in 2020 and is expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 29, 2021
Last Updated on April 29, 2021
Tags: Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenat

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing