U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market Opportunities and Challenges

U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market Opportunities and Challenges

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The U.S. surgical pet collar market size was valued at USD 126.0 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market size is anticipated to reach USD 219.0 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. Rising healthcare expenditure on domestic animals, growing demand for insurance, and an increase in the rate of pet adoption are anticipated to propel the growth of the market.


Surgical pet collars have proved to be extremely important for preventing pets from licking, biting, or scratching at a wound or a surgery site. Without these e-collars, pets have been seen to chew out stitches or worsen wounds, often requiring second surgeries to repair the damage. Licking or chewing at a wound can also result in severe infection, even antibiotic-resistant infections, which require longer treatment courses. In some cases, especially when abdominal surgeries are involved, life-threatening injuries can result from chewing out stitches. Thus, the penetration of surgical collars has widened with growing efforts to quicken the recovery of the pet post-surgery or injury.


Studies show that pets become important members of the household, providing comfort and companionship. Many children with autism and ADHD reportedly thrive working with therapy animals. The increasing adoption of surgical collars in the U.S. is due to the trends of pet owners spending money on keeping their pets healthy and purchasing products that help in keeping their pets comfortable, post-surgery and treatment.


Most manufacturers have been expanding their offerings through offline and online distribution channels and this is paving the way for higher consumer interaction and purchases. In addition to buying surgical pet collars at the vet, they can also be purchased at general merchandise stores or pet specialty shops. Some of the popular pet specialty shops in the country are PetSmart; Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.; Pet Valu; Pet Supplies Plus; and Pet Supermarket.


Creating surgical collars that can contribute to the health of the pet rather than deteriorating it presents a huge growth opportunity for pet collar manufacturers. As a result, manufacturers have been consistently investing in the development of collars that are customizable in size for different breeds, so that the animal’s eating or drinking is not impacted in any way.


The plastic collars segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. These collars have cotton padding and are secured around the neck with Velcro on the neckline or can be directly attached to the regular collar. Some of these also have a padded outer rim to prevent chaffing. The rise in the adoption of dogs among baby boomers in recent years is anticipated to propel the market in the country. Millennials also hold a significant share when it comes to dog ownership, thereby driving the market.


Related Press Release@ U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market Report


U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market Report Highlights

  • By product, the inflatable surgical pet collar segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment by progressing at a CAGR of 8.0% over the forecast period
  • The dog send-use segment was valued at USD 77.8 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 138.2 million by 2028
  • The plastic collar segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on July 1, 2021
Last Updated on July 1, 2021
Tags: U.S. Surgical Pet Collar Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing