Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market Research Report, 2021-2028

Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market Research Report, 2021-2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global biotechnology reagents & kits market size was valued at USD 337.28 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5% from 2021 to 2028

"

The global Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market size is expected to reach USD 1.14 trillion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 16.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Key factors driving the market include the introduction of novel and advanced products, a rise in investments in the biotechnology sector, and increasing demand for synthetic biology.


Increasing research and development expenditure for life sciences and biotechnology research is expected to drive the market significantly in the coming years. Over the past few decades, the biotechnology sector has witnessed a paradigm shift toward new treatments & drugs, biologically controlled production processes, genetically modified foods, biologically based computing, and new materials, thereby propelling the market growth.


Advancements in molecular diagnostic techniques, such as droplet digital PCR, NGS, and genome-wide sequencing with respect to accuracy, reproducibility, and timeline, have influenced the adoption of biotechnology reagents & kits in the market. The advent of long-read sequencing has made sequencing of longer strands of DNA possible by only reading single DNA molecules, in turn, driving the market growth.


Cell culture technology accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the vast product portfolio offered by the key entities and expanding cell biology research. RNA-Seq using NGS technology has emerged as the method of choice for research communities investigating the transcriptome. The virus segment dominated the market in 2020 with increased adoption in cell & gene therapies and vaccinology. The ongoing pandemic has positively impacted the market growth as focused efforts are being conducted for vaccine development using viral vectors.


North America captured the maximum revenue share in 2020 with the U.S. being the largest contributor. The presence of key players coupled with active involvement in research activity has contributed to the maximum share of the region. Asia Pacific is projected to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to the improvements in health care infrastructure, entry of large biotechnological organizations, and increasing R&D activities. The key players in the global market are engaged in collaboration with biopharma developers to support their product development process.


Related Press Release@ Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market Report


Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market Report Highlights

  • The detection kits segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2020 owing to the high demand due to the pandemic
  • Amplification kits are anticipated to register a considerable growth rate due to the expanding applications of LAMP technology and PCR
  • The development of Point-of-Care (POC) testing has primarily driven the market for on-site testing
  • On-site DNA testing administers a broad array of DNA paternity and family relationship, including forensic DNA testing services and prenatal testing options
  • Currently, the healthcare segment is the key end-user of the market with the highest penetration of reagents & kits, in terms of usage, in this segment


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on July 13, 2021
Last Updated on July 13, 2021
Tags: Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Ma

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing