Synthetic Leather Market: Top Key Players, Trends, Scope and Segmentation, 2028

Synthetic Leather Market: Top Key Players, Trends, Scope and Segmentation, 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global synthetic leather market size was valued at USD 31.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Synthetic Leather Market size is anticipated to reach USD 57.0 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., growing at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing product application scope in footwear has been a major factor driving the market growth. In addition, growing importance and awareness about animal rights and stringent laws regarding the usage of real leather are propelling the demand for its synthetic counterpart. Synthetic leather materials offer superior properties, such as high gloss finish, durability, strength, and UV resistance, and easy maintenance. Moreover, products made from faux leather are cheaper and thus, continue to attract consumers, especially from middle- and high-income level groups.

However, in countries, such as Japan, the product is facing competition from Fumikodata, which is a replica of real leather and is a cruelty-free material. Polyurethane (PU) was the largest product category in 2020 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is anticipated to witness sluggish growth on account of its properties, such as sticky finish and low durability. The footwear application segment is expected to observe considerable growth over the upcoming years. Cheaper costs and fluctuating climatic conditions in several regions create the need for different types of footwear.

Rising disposable income levels in emerging regions are also fueling the product demand in the footwear segment. Moreover, the trend of incorporating athletic shoes in daily lifestyle is further augmenting the product demand. Consumer spending in the U.S. and some European countries has slowed down slightly owing to the global recession. However, the footwear industry has witnessed significant growth in the emerging markets due to high product demand from countries, such as China, India, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, and other South Asian countries.

Related Press Release@ Synthetic Leather Market Report

Synthetic Leather Market Report Highlights

  • The global market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to rising product demand in the footwear and automotive applications
  • PU leather emerged as the largest product segment in 2020 and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 35.6 billion by 2028
  • Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing as well as the largest regional market over the estimated period
  • The market growth in APAC can be credited to the rapid economic growth across countries, such as India, China, Japan, and Korea
  • In addition, the rapid development of the construction and automotive manufacturing industries in APAC is fueling the product demand further
  • Countries, such as South Korea, Taiwan, China, and India, are emerging as leading producers in the global market as a result of the availability of relatively cheaper raw materials


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 20, 2021
Last Updated on August 20, 2021
Tags: Synthetic Leather Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing