Parenteral Nutrition Market - Future Trends, Revenue Growth & Leading Players, Forecast To 2028

Parenteral Nutrition Market - Future Trends, Revenue Growth & Leading Players, Forecast To 2028

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global parenteral nutrition market size was valued at USD 6.0 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028.

"

The global Parenteral Nutrition Market size is expected to reach USD 9.4 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. The growing burden of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, and other neurological conditions, increasing deficiency of essential nutrients among critically ill patients, and the growing awareness regarding hospital-related malnutrition are some of the major factors driving the adoption of parenteral nutrition. Parenteral nutrition (PN) plays a vital role in supporting better health outcomes as malnutrition can have a serious impact on hospitalized patients. Hospitalized adults diagnosed with malnutrition have a longer length of hospital stay and higher recovery costs and are five times more likely to die compared to other adult inpatients.

The consumption of fat emulsions as part of PN has significantly increased among preterm neonates in their initial life after birth owing to their intolerance to full enteral nutrition and benefits of parenteral nutrition that provides a relatively safe means for preventing nutritional deficiency. A research article published in Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal in 2017 reported that the prevalence of malnutrition among hospitalized infants and children in various countries ranged between 6.1% and 40.9%. Intravenous lipid emulsions (ILEs) are an essential component of PN, majorly in preterm and very-low-birth infants as these formulations have revolutionized the management of infants suffering from gastrointestinal (GI) anomalies and other conditions, including intestinal failure, by providing nutritional support for intestinal growth.

An increase in accidents, a higher incidence of preterm deliveries, a high natality rate, and the presence of critically ill patients with impaired enteral route physiological functioning is expected to drive the adoption of parenteral nutrition as an alternative route of administration. Malnutrition and immune imparity numbers are the highest in Asia Pacific countries, summing up almost 62% of the world’s malnourished cases. High infection rates, the lack of awareness, and poor quality of water supply and sanitation facilities are leading to a high prevalence of malnourishment in the Asia Pacific, creating a significant demand for parenteral nutrition sources to help fulfill nutritional requirements, thereby aiding the market growth.

Related Press Release@ Parenteral Nutrition Market Report

Parenteral Nutrition Market Report Highlights

  • The market growth can be attributed to owing to the increasing adoption of PN products for fulfilling adequate nutritional requirements
  • By nutrient type, the single dose amino acid solution segment dominated the market in 2020 owing to an increase in the influx of regulatory approved solutions
  • North America dominated the market in 2020 owing to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and malnutrition, an increasing number of new launches, and U.S. FDA approvals in this region


© 2021 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 1, 2021
Last Updated on September 1, 2021
Tags: Parenteral Nutrition Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing