New kid

New kid

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

A new guy comes and hits it off with Alex

"
Alex sleepily walked to school. She didn't get much sleep last night. She had a nightmare, but when she woke up, Alex couldn't remember anything.

"Alex!"

Stopping to see who called, her purple eyes widened. The person had tackled her in a glomp. Just barely keepeing her balance she pushed the person off of her.

Said person was a girl her age, 15 to be exact. The girl had gold blond hair ending at her waist. Her bangs parted on either side in a messy manner. Her green eyes sparkled with mirth. She stood at 5'7, a good two inches taller than Alex.

The girl had on a pink blouse under a white knitted sweater, and a blue skirt. For shoes she wore gladiator style gold sandals.

"Must you do that every time, Alyss?" The ravenette questioned her attacker.

"Yup!" Was her cheerful reply. "Now c'mon, we're gonna be late!" She grabbed Alex's arm and pulled.

Alex groaned. "Do we have to? I have a feeling today's gonna suck."

Alyss simply smiled and kept pulling Alex to school. "Y'know school isn't so bad. It's just how you look at it."

"You're much too cheerful." Giving into her blond friend, Alex followed her to school.

(=^_^=)

"Class," Mrs. Marcin, a blond woman in her late thirties said. "We have a new student today, so please make him feel welcome. You can come in now."

The door to the class room opened, and a boy walked in. His hair was a shocking white, going to the end of his neck, his baby-fatless, face framed by two bangs that extended to just a little past his jaw. His white locks defying gravity with it's spikes. His eyes were a deep sapphire blue. His skin was dark, like a far Easterner. Probably Arabic or Egyptian.

He wore a striped grey and turquoise hoodie. The zipper undone just enough to see the purple t-shirt underneath. Simple jeans, black sneakers, and grey fingerless gloves finished his outfit.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher encouraged.

The blue eyed boy faced the class and gave a Cheshire grin. "My name is Marik Iskander. Pleased to meet ya!"

Mrs. Marcin nodded in satisfaction and told him where to sit. "You can sit by Alex there. Alex raise your hand."

Each science table housed two students each. Alex's luck at being by herself ran out.

She did as asked and raised her hand. Marik walked over to her and sat on her right, the closest to the aisle.

The teacher started a lecture and some of the class listened to her explain heredity. Others subtly texted one another or chatted. Alex just pretended to pay attention to the slides being shown, when a gloved hand was infringe of her. Following the hand to it's owner, Alex raised a brow.

"My name is Marik Iskander. Nice to meet you." The white haired boy said.

Alex shook his hand. "Alex. Alex Salvator." She replied.

"Alex." He tasted the word on his tongue. "What do you have next?"

"P.E."

His eyebrows rose. "Really? Me too. Who do you have?" Marik asked.

"Ms. Findly." She told him.

He smiled widely. "Same. What kind of teacher is she?"

Alex shrugged. "Not too bad, she's pretty lax. We're on track and field right now."

Marik ran a hand through his hair and smiled. "Well, at least it's not swimming."

Alex shook her head. "Nah, we already did swimming." She said quietly. Swimming was an awful experience best left forgotten.

(=^_^=)

The class stood around the gate entrance to the track just chatting with one another. Marik not knowing anyone mostly hung around Alex, who was leaning against the fence. Everyone was dressed in a grey t-shirt and deep blue shorts.

Ms. Findly was a flamboyant woman in her early fifties. She'd wear an outfit of only one colour. Today was a violet track suit.

Ms. Findly walked briskly on to the running track and the students followed. "Today we will be doing the pole vault. It's not required, so if you don't want to do it just walk around the track."

The majority of the girls and ssome boys left to walk around in a circle for fifty minutes. Alex stayed and so did Marik.

"We only have three poles, so you'll have to take turns." The PE teacher explained. "Now you'll only go back to the stick over there." Ms. Findly pointed to a stick in the middle of the runway.

"Any farther back is just wasting energy." She stopped to make sure everyone was paying attention. "Now when you get to the box," she gestured to a hole in the ground cased in metal. "You plant the end of your pole and swing yourself up. Obviously you'll have to go on one side of the pole or the other depending on what hand you write with. If you're left handed you keep your body on the left side of the pole when you swing. For right hands same thing only on the right side. Your going to want to lift up your right or left leg, depending on which hand you use, and use that momentum to launch yourself up and over the bar."

Most looked uneasy at potentially hurting themselves on the bar.

Seeing her student's faces she elaborated, "We aren't going to use an actual bar, just a rubber band so no one gets hurt."

Then she explained on where to put your hands on the pole.

Satisfied they were now prepared Findly had three of them get a pole and stand at the stick. "Go!"

The first boy ran at an okay speed. Not exceptionally fast. He planted the pole into the box solidly and swung his body up. Sadly he didn't make it over the band though. Instead he fell on it and cought his ankle when he landed on the pit.

"Good try. Good try. Can anyone tell me what he did wrong?" She questioned the class.

"He swung on the wrong side." A voice called out.

Ms. Findly nodded in approval. "Yes, but its a common mistake try again next time."

"Go!"

On and on it went no one getting over. Soon enough it was Alex's second turn. They were running out of time and she was the last to go.

She hadn't made it last time but was so close. Deciding to bend the rules she held her grip higher than what the teacher said. Hoping it would give her a slight advantage.

Springing down the runway as fast as she could, the ravenette planted the pole firmly and swung upwards.

Arching her back out of instinct to not hit the band, Alex flopped onto the pit. She heard clapping and fought the blow up for balance so she could see.

She had made it.

But there was a strange glint in Marik's eyes, when she saw him. Like he had found a precious secret he wanted all for himself.




© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
Chapter two... not much else.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I am really interested in Mark now. One because he looks (by how you described him) awesome. Two, because I want to know why he looked like then when Alex had made the jump. This was a great chapter and can't wait to read more of it. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this chapter as well, the addition of the new characters was well done and i enjoy the way your writing flows together! Keep up the good work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

Thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013
Tags: Alex, Wonderland, Heart, Soul, Marik, Alyss


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII