Good conversations

Good conversations

A Poem by The Ink Chapters
"

random burst of thought tonight , it’s not exactly a poem

"
A good conversation is a truly rare and beautiful thing. And if you can find it often then you have found your people.
It engages the brain in a dance of beliefs and values and experiences. It grows the mind and encourages new pathways to open and form into ideas and opinions. It is a wonderful feeling in a society that has been divided by the barrier of a screen that is met with constant instant gratification.

It frees us spiritually. It brings up memories we never remembered until that moment. Particularly the traumas and losses we suppress but also the wonderful hidden gems that come forward in our excited and dramatic reenactment of the story. And these traumas and gems come out in laughter, or tears, or after a smoke.

these stories are how we remember people and how we connect. A deep conversation fulfills you and yet never leaves you full. It leaves you always wanting more. Talking late into hours of the night when you should’ve gone to sleep hours ago.
Until finally either the sun comes up or one of us goes down.

Ink

© 2021 The Ink Chapters


Author's Note

The Ink Chapters
Im not really looking for criticism on ramblings

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep conversation can be so satisfying. Conversations in the night when you aren't able to sleep even more so. Havi g someone there for you to converse with is priceless.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


The Ink Chapters

3 Years Ago

Absolutely! This writing was done after a night conversation with a good friend (who just happened t.. read more
I feel that. real conversations became something very rare. Most of the time we catch ourselves in some nonsense conversations that leave us in a worse state.
I really appreciate, keep it up

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Ink Chapters

3 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
No criticism. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


The Ink Chapters

3 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 1, 2021
Last Updated on March 1, 2021

Author

The Ink Chapters
The Ink Chapters

Toronto, Canada



About
I am an inspiring writer often stuck in the purgatory found between ideas and formed thoughts on pages. Asking and giving feedback and ideas on creative writing that can captivate an audience. My dr.. more..

Writing