Chapter 4 Keroberos

Chapter 4 Keroberos

A Chapter by Inkmoon
"

Damn you Demeter

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2. Keroberos

We had just arrived at the academy and out of nowhere good for nothing Demeter shows up. I was in a hurry to get her to the higher ups but as always, he had to get into the way. Don’t get me wrong. I love the guy like my own blood, but he purposely gets in my way because he thinks I should “take a chill pill”. Get it? A pun? Chill Pill? I don’t like the cold? Because my Element is fire? Exactly, He was… not you’re average friend.

Well neither was I.

Anyway he invited Aura and myself to Moonbucks for a coffee. Drinking warm coffee that’s probably cooler than the outside temperature. Great thinking Demeter.

Geez that greedy pig. Really, how inconsiderate.

This child has come from a country where the temperature can actually be a negative number to here the “fresh” 35 degrees Celsius. Genius.

Wait… since when do I care about other people? I think the heat is getting to me. We must hurry. Demeter was talking to me and every now and then he would glance at Aura who was so concentrated on her Iced tea ( which was basically tea, with melted ice in it). Then he would give me one of his well known “cheeky grins”. Believe me I wasn’t the one to name it. It was his mother actually. It always appeared when the tiny delicate wheels inside his psychopathic brain were turning. He was up to something;

and I definitely didn’t like it.

“ So Aura can you do any tricks yet?”, Demeter asked rudely.

“Tricks? What tricks”, she answered looking ever so innocent.

Demeter grinned and his eyes lit up. He knew it was a chance for him to show off.

“Let me show you Sunshine”, he said in a nonchalant voice.

He immediately stood up almost throwing over the whole table. He stretched his muscles and knelt on the ground, He inhaled quickly and placed his monstrous palms flat out in front of him. He grunted and suddenly there was a big chunk of stone rising out of the earth.

Here we go again. Demeter was a well known Casanova at the academy. I’m not saying that he always was successful at picking up girls but this one of his most famous moves. It even had a name.

“Stone Heart, soon be broken, for under your shell, the truth is waiting to be spoken.”, he said in a cheesy voice looking at Aura with his puppy-dog eyes.

“Barf”, I said quietly under my breathe. I never wanted to criticize Demeter. He wouldn’t even need to use “Stone Heart” if it weren’t for that scar on his face. Which was partially my fault. I never forgave myself for that mistake.

“Holy Cheese! Will I be able to do that too Seth? That was amazing Demeter can you teach me?”, Aura said, wide eyed and enthusiastically.

Both Demeter and myself were gob smacked.

Nobody had ever given Demeter such an unusual reaction to “Stone Heart” before. I should’ve seen this coming. She isn’t your average girl after all.

Demeter blinked and then his face went all soft. It was the most gentle expression I had seen on his face. It almost made me choke on my coffee.

He sat back down, finally spilling coffee all over his black shirt. He patted Auras head and silently chuckled to himself.

He seemed really happy, at peace. It was the first time ever I had seen him like this. I was right to begin with. This girl really had a calming effect on others. She certainly is something else. I chuckled, sat back and lit a cigarette.

I hope she can stay the way she is, I doubt it though



© 2012 Inkmoon


Author's Note

Inkmoon
Please excuse grammar! What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012
Tags: Coffee, stone, element


Author

Inkmoon
Inkmoon

Zürich, Switzerland



About
I just wanna write more..

Writing
Little girl Little girl

A Poem by Inkmoon