Pansexuality

Pansexuality

A Poem by CassieCoyote
"

A poem I made. Please no rude comments. I appreciate reviews. I hope you like the poem.

"

Lesbians, bisexuals, and straights,

I will not pass any of the gates.

I don't see myself as a man,

I don't see myself as a woman.

I can't believe my eyes!

This is what people may despise!

Feminity and masculanity

Are not part of my identity.

© 2012 CassieCoyote


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was always under the impression that pansexuality was more how somebody saw others, rather than themselves. I'm afraid I am a little ignorant on that certain aspect as far as LGBT in concerned, though.

Regardless, this was a nice poem. I think it worked out perfectly for this that masculinity and and identity rhymed and that you took advantage of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CassieCoyote

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

We are many things in a life. Choices are many. I don't like when people are put into a group. Each of us want what we need. I believe something are private. Whole world need not to know. A very interesting poem. Open the door to thoughts and discussion. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


CassieCoyote

11 Years Ago

You're welcome for the poem and thank you for the review :)
I LOVS IT
:D

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
It is harder to express yourself when working to a rhyme scheme, so I rarely touch the stuff. In this case it means that "I can't believe my eyes! / This is what people may despise!" comes out as more of a child's complaint than the bewildered alienation of an adult. I certainly understand that there is a depth of betrayal behind these words, but I wouldn't have minded to be SHOWN it more.

One small typo: 'masculinity'.

Welcome to Writer's Cafe!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CassieCoyote

11 Years Ago

Thank you for pointing those things out. :)
I am bisexual and I have a very dear friend who is pansexual. He is androgynous and could pass for either male or female and is one of the most loving and accepting person I have ever met. Most people would not believe the antagonism and scathingly dismissive attitudes he has had to deal with. This poem reminds me of him and how he feels the crushing loneliness in face of the irony of his love for any person, regardless of their gender. This poem is short, sweet and to the point. I don't have any true criticisms with the writing or the style. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CassieCoyote

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :) I hope things go better for your friend.
I was always under the impression that pansexuality was more how somebody saw others, rather than themselves. I'm afraid I am a little ignorant on that certain aspect as far as LGBT in concerned, though.

Regardless, this was a nice poem. I think it worked out perfectly for this that masculinity and and identity rhymed and that you took advantage of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CassieCoyote

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012
Tags: pansexuality, gender-blind, identity

Author

CassieCoyote
CassieCoyote

Merritt Island, FL



About
I'm a female of 17 years old. I'm a lesbian who likes writing (of course!), animals, Yuru Yuri (funny shojou-ai anime), sweets, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also a vegitarian who occasionaly eats.. more..

Writing
Dead Dead

A Poem by CassieCoyote



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..