Escape

Escape

A Story by Invoked.Maniac

The stars are apparent, but they are not our own.


As I push myself deeper into my meditation, I see them clearly. Electric blues and shades of violet shimmering like jewels. I want to be here, I want to be in this place where I am weightless.

I am weightless here. Mists of chaotic power and intent thrust themselves into my mind. Faces, so many faces, foggy and blurred as if their features are unteachable to me. Voices, so many voices, like a gray sunset on a desert cliff. They force images into my head, of binding intolerance, of not belonging.


The fear sets in.


I am pushed back into my thoughts, I know that they are my own now, and not what I was experiencing. I go back. I forgive, and I go back.
The stars are clearer. I am in a clearing. I can understand that much now. The midnight blue skies are accenting the jewelry of this place's night time. I can see rough shapes of tree branches and leaves around me. Am I laying down? Why did I come to this place looking up? I want to be in this place, I want to belong here and make it my home.
Distraction.

Release.

I am back in my house.
I want to be there. I want to be there again.

© 2014 Invoked.Maniac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on January 13, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2014

Author

Invoked.Maniac
Invoked.Maniac

Norfolk, VA



About
"In the arms of sadness, rose the insufferable bonds of depression. Let us in, and we will show you the pieces that you have missed. Without that which I've lost, I am nothing, and so, I am nothing... more..

Writing
A Walk A Walk

A Story by Invoked.Maniac