Forsaken Valentine

Forsaken Valentine

A Poem by Inyourshadow
"

Because hearts have feelings too

"

He beat irratically
against the bone white walls,

that once protected him

yet now imprisioned him

his cage and his cell.


No one saw his pain nor heard his pleas

as once more he died...

alone

unloved


a forsaken valentine.





© 2011 Inyourshadow


Author's Note

Inyourshadow
Van Gough gave the world art and yet even he knew only his heart could truely capture pain. As poets we should never forget to use the pain as well as the pleasure to pen our poetry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A pretty cool idea with focusing on the heart itself rather than the emotions of its owner. It is a bit...vague, though. Perhaps it's meant to be and I'm missing the point. It just seems to me that there's no purpose given for why we are focusing on the heart, nor how or why it died alone. Also, I wonder why you cite the heart as a 'he' figure? That in itself is interesting. I think the first stanza outshines the second.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Inyourshadow, you never cease to amaze me :) Another beautiful piece written by you. As I read the poem, as you were speaking of pain, I felt that too. We have all be through pain at some point in our life. One last thing, I agree with what you said us poets should do, is use our pain and pleasure to pen poetry, that is what makes reading it so special. You always come up with different ideas/creations for your poems. I will always remember your recipe poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Feelings of pain and hurt in just a few simple words. Loved this. Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I so agree :)
Life is a tender balance of pain and happiness...so why should art not be expressed this way also...it is not all shining roses nor is it all decaying weeds lol
So...we can see the beauty through sadness...and pen it :)
Great piece love!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, great story hidden in these words. Well crafted and cleverly written. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So beautifully penned as always. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Without pain, we would never know the true meaning of love...
The one thing that keeps us alive...is the very thing that can kill us. Sort of a contradiction, but full of truth.
Wonderful and very thought provoking piece you wrote here.
Pain and pleasure seem to go hand in hand in many aspects of life.


Posted 12 Years Ago


This was so meaningful.
Pain is something we must endure to create wonderful pieces like this.
I love Van Gough!
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


So short, but meaningful!
Really, an excellent job on this one!
And I do agree with you:
Pain IS an important essence in the world of writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was great and painful and Van Gough is a great artist .i like his art and this is a great poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011

Author

Inyourshadow
Inyourshadow

United Kingdom



About
I am trying to broaden my abilities as a writer, hoping to learn new styles and ways to express myself. I am married with 4 kids and a beautiful grandson, plus my two wonderful yorkshire terriers T.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..