Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Life Taught Me....

Life Taught Me....

A Poem by Lucy Kennedy

LIFE TAUGHT ME .....

 

That if life wasn't like a roller coaster we'd all be bored.

 

To make the best of what you have, or suffer in your pity.

 

To never let go of hopes and dreams.

 

You'll never be knocked down so hard you can't get back up.

 

That in the end it's the family who checks the body bag. Cherish your kin.

 

That love will always, always surprise you.

 

That you must go through pain, to be in a place of happiness and worth.

 

That music is a powerful force.

 

That true friendships never die.

 

Too much of a good thing, can be bad, except church and hugs.

 

That children will always surprise you and your elders really do know things you don't.

 

That no matter your age the world will always seem big.

 

That I will never have all the answers.

 

That in the end good will win.

 

And that God was, is, and will always be there.

© 2009 Lucy Kennedy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How uplifting - such beautiful words - thank you for the inspiration today. You are right both childre and the elderly certainly know much about how to live their lives that us caught in the middle seem to forget sometimes. There are so may lessons to be learned you have captured that yet there is always faith. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lucy Kadeo,

Grabs you by the head and doesn't stop there, takes your heart by the strings and plays sad music til it sings of praises that we finally get it!

Family... God... Smiles... Hugs... just a feel good poem with lessons that we all should bear in mind.

Pure and Clean!

Very good Lucy,

Legacy

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful and positive poem. Life can be difficult. Like you said. Need to look for the good things. A excellent poem.
Coyotye


Posted 14 Years Ago


A lot of truths in this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very poewerful poem, uplifting very postive, an all around wonderful write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's a really beautiful poem. I love the way you've structured it and how you've shown the tie between things in life. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more of your work.



Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow....this really is great. It would be hard to articulate how much I appreciated this...and I wouldn't want to appear as being tacky. Oh your bio was...just great. I hope you post more of your work.
Mike

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love your explanation of life! And my favorite lines come at the end of the poem, lines for readers to take home with them and never forget:

That no matter your age the world will always seem big.
That I will never have all the answers.
That in the end good will win.
And that God was, is, and will always be there.

Sal

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The true values of life are put into words in a simple and pleasant way, in this encouraging and philosophical poem.

Great write :) .

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this brings comfort little one, great poem, ---mishel

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I try not to use "That" as the first word in a senrence but it really works well in this poem."To make the best of what you have, or suffer in your pity" is a wonderful lines I've of late. For the most part this work climes to a climax the leaves me with smile on my face. Very well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 8, 2009

Author

Lucy Kennedy
Lucy Kennedy

Pittsburgh, PA



About
**************************************************************************************************************** "Real writers are magicians. They spin a web of words so intricate that you can'.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..