she

she

A Poem by Alm
"

she could be who i was.

"
she walks barefoot on asphalt
she dances to the dawn
she loses shoes to the ocean

and she cries when the sun is gone

© 2012 Alm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful.. Pen On.. Do u read mine 2 Time, Why? and who is a poet.. If possible then give ur reviews..

Regards,
Lucky

Posted 10 Years Ago


My mind just imploded with the imagery, and the symbolism, and the metaphors, and all those other lovely things that you managed to cram about 457298457249 of into 24 (I'm bad at counting, so I could be off) words.

I'm just not going to comment on how brilliant you are anymore.

But this poem. It could mean so many different things depending on who you are and what your story is. We all tend to mold what we experience/read to our ideas of reality and our experiences--but who's to say what the true meaning is (besides you)? Certainly not I. I'll continue completely spamming your account now...

Posted 11 Years Ago


i can sense a empty feeling in my gut when reading this. Nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Creates an image of a young girl, free spirit.....simply enjoying life in the moment.

Posted 11 Years Ago


she is ethereal and so free, the feeling lodges in your chest cavity... exquisite piece. hope you keep writing more, and have an inspiring new year :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this. The sun, when it's not there, leaves a empty feeling, for some things just can't be done in the cold.

Nice Ink!
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alm

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Though the night has many wonders as well.
At first, this was quite confusing to me. Upon greater pondering, I've found few intriguing meanings attached to this poem. Perhaps it's about a young lass, whom would always dance and dream of ballet, yet lost inspiration upon having her tapping shoes confiscated and wept when the dream was gone? Perhaps the shoes themselves stood for talents, any talent whatsoever. Anyhow, this is a finely crafted piece. Keep up the poems, Alyssa.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alm

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Tai! (as always) You have a unique way of looking at things. I honestly don't know about .. read more
Tai Ryens

11 Years Ago

My greatest pleasure, Alyssa.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012

Author

Alm
Alm

By the sea, in a land called Honah Lee



About
Alm is short for Alyssa Marie. I'm sixteen now, I don't claim to write well. I'm sorry if I review bad. Sometimes I bake snickerdoodles, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla on my fingertips lingers... more..

Writing
great great

A Poem by Alm


i am i am

A Poem by Alm


the saddest the saddest

A Poem by Alm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..