going somewhere

going somewhere

A Poem by Alm

her hands had never been delicate

bone and muscle

sandpaper skin

 

pretty eyes, expressive eyes

but never almonds

never

 

a hardened heart

weathered by rain and snow

weak and strong all the same

 

flat feet, going, going

going somewhere

where she could be beautiful

 

© 2013 Alm


Author's Note

Alm
ahhh. poetry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"ahhh. poetry."

Ahhh. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS AND YOU SHOULD START CLAIMING YOU WRITE WELL RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OTHERWISE I MIGHT DIE JUST BECAUSE OF THE INJUSTICE YOU ARE DOING YOUR WORK AND HONESTLY YOU COULD MAKE VOLDEMORT TURN INTO TINKER BELL JUST BECAUSE YOU WROTE IT THAT WAY AND THEN WE'D ALL GET SPRINKLED WITH FAIRY DUST AND FLY AROUND AND SING AND NO ONE WOULD BE TONE DEAF AND WE'D GET GARLIC BREAD FOR EVERY MEAL JUST BECAUSE YOU WROTE IT THAT WAY BECAUSE THAT IS HOW AWESOME YOU ARE.

Mkay, now that we've got that out of the way... the poem. I don't even know what to say because it's so perfect.

Yeah. I have nothing. It's too good. Stop being so perfect. Share. If you get any better I'm going to have to go cry.

Okay, not really, but still.

Actually I might cry anyway, because you are the same age as me but your work is like 457852987539 times better and you are going to be a poet and I'll end up as a bum on the street just because you wouldn't share your talent and it will be all your fault.

I'm kidding. I want to be a doctor. I think. Or a musician.

Okay, I'm horrible at this reviewing thing. Just continue being awesome, please. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree this is lovely, I can feel this as well. Awesome writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a lovely blend between metaphors, sandpaper skin, almond eyes, and a hear of stone. Classic. It took me awhile to interpret, but it sure fascinated me all the more. Especially almond eyes, that was brilliant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alm

11 Years Ago

metaphors are good things. thanks, as always, Tai! :)
Tai Ryens

11 Years Ago

My dearest pleasure, Alyssa.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2013
Last Updated on February 7, 2013

Author

Alm
Alm

By the sea, in a land called Honah Lee



About
Alm is short for Alyssa Marie. I'm sixteen now, I don't claim to write well. I'm sorry if I review bad. Sometimes I bake snickerdoodles, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla on my fingertips lingers... more..

Writing
great great

A Poem by Alm


i am i am

A Poem by Alm


the saddest the saddest

A Poem by Alm