Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

A Story by Deana Marie
"

See me, I am an old soul. Show me you, i need truth.

"
This is for all the knees that have hit the floor in despair.

Some deep mystical place inside your unique soul, has been bent, slightly jaded. You haven't nurtured yourself diligently. You're such soul overlooked initializing the beauty in someone or something so well you overlooked the toxic mixture that was sour for your own goodness.

You must lift that head of yours. With all the shame, insecurities, battle wounds, and pain that just don't stop, pain that aches so deep you don't know how or if you will ever make it out. With all that lowness straddling you day in and day out. Whatever your trial of testimony may be, look at it dead on, in its eyes, gain strength from it, stand firm, know that we are all born and bred to weather the storm, we are soldiers at war. Since inside the womb we have been fighters, we survived breathing fluid, we are fearless creatures with emotions to juggle. I myself have been bent, and bruised. I miss my little seeds. They grow everyday, and everyday I go on without seeing them is another brick in the wall, my wall, it is my woman gone. This is what is missing in me. I am a mother and I failed on so many levels, I take accountability for my shortcomings, for my faults, but I will be dammed to take the liability for another's position of blameworth. I owe it to my handsome, intelligent, fear nothing son, and my stunning ,angel of a face, sweet talking daughter, They are partially my DNA. The link we share is eternal. Forevermore. This is for the three of us and the maker to cast a stone of judgment or what have you. Other's personal opinion of me is redundant. I walked in some bloody, ugly, poisonous Paths, some self inflicted, some done by the work of the evil one's hand, The very core of me has been lost, sometimes I still go searching for it. My innocence, as well as my dignity has been robbed from me, with no reverence for my concern. I may not have acted on the lessons I've learned so far, and turned my life around, yet! Though the day I was born, the sweet maker gave me a mind sharp with words and how to analytically put them together. For the lessons I have been through and the ones up and coming, will be a hard back book as the reverence for my own concern, my shades of gray closet opened. For the say it isn't so, she couldn't do it, eyes see it and read it... Yes the taste has been slapped of our mouths several times, I'm sure, however you must love yourself unconditionally, for the unconditional love will be more abundant. We all could finesse this act more, I do believe. Never let the time or the times of your deepest cuts turn you into concrete, for you are born to walk a battlefield, actually wearing the armor, learning from your story, loving your individuality,accepting nothing but the best. We all could use a little grace. Into the wind we will all go as we Rock and Roll on the hemispheres and the shooting stars will be the light at the end of our tunnel.. I will see you all on the flip side,, I'll be wearing my smile.

By: Deana

Dec, 2015

© 2016 Deana Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Refined, and concise. I like how you dress your concepts. You're really talented, love. don't be a stranger.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deana Marie

5 Years Ago

Thank you kindly.
A very positive and uplifting write...I truly enjoyed reading your story, Deana.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deana Marie

6 Years Ago

Thank you so kindly. I am honored you see what i stand in day in and day out. I have so much more to.. read more
Babe Roxx

6 Years Ago

You are very welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2016
Last Updated on December 31, 2016

Author

Deana Marie
Deana Marie

Marysville, MI



About
I must say I owe everything to my mom and my dad. They are the foundation of my entity, my rock and roll, my DNA. For them my gratitude is forever healthy. I am absolutely certain I was born into t.. more..

Writing
Cotton Cotton

A Poem by Deana Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114