Future

Future

A Story by Winter
"

something I had to write in my class

"
"You look like s**t", I asserted as a bead of sweat fell the length of my face, rolling over every feature in it's path. Grabbing angrily at the brown paper towel next to me I planted my face in it to remove the filth. "Is it all too obvious?" I questioned the red faced image looking me in the eye. "Will she know?" Cautiously I took the small soft box from my bag and with shaking hands I placed my future on the counter before me. cracking open the container was like slipping into the infinite possibilities of my life from that nerve racking night on. The skin on my face was increasingly exuding the salty drops of sweat. 
A great thud and a screech startled my frail being out of it's precious position. The hand that had been so very delicate before attacked the vulnerable box with great speed. Surprised the box let go of it's oh so valuable contents and launched it far across the field of bad fortune. Frozen I tried to follow it with my eyes. I was posed to move but unable to as the stone edge of the bowl caught the metal edge of my dreams. With the most painful reverberation, "Clang!", It bounced nearly to the other side but fell short. Calling an end to the sound of the last impact, it landed. I needed to grab it now but my too anxious muscles were as stone while the taunting object slid past total loss then erected it's self only to roll spitefully straight into oblivion.
"What's up with you?", a voice called, apparently watching from behind. 
My body loosened as I realized what just occurred. "The ring fell down.", I sighed in disbelief.

© 2011 Winter


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Winter
Winter

NM



About
I really like writing ... just stuff, I sometimes write stories, I've recently started writing poems, I also like writing new things, and trying new ideas for writing ... or at least I think I do, lat.. more..

Writing
Limericks Limericks

A Poem by Winter


Contrast poem Contrast poem

A Poem by Winter