Looking Down at This World

Looking Down at This World

A Chapter by Iron K. Tager
"

“Maybe it’s time to go down there.”

"

            Looking down at this world, I wonder how many stories they have told to get here.  The past, the present, the future; more stories of splendor and creations possible than they will ever collectively know, though they know those they hang on to well.”  He looked at the planet’s horizon, and traced its atmosphere as it slowly blended out to space.  “Infinite are the possibilities; ones we, nor they may never comprehend.  It is that possibility that gives us our identity above any beast.”

            They stood looking out onto various parts of the planet, both marveling at the sight of this seemingly peaceful world, though they knew many cuts were still being opened below.

“I wonder,” said the first mate.  “At least they are not beasts.”

            “Indeed.”  The ambassador kept the silence that followed.

            “Maybe,” the first mate began, stopping to sigh, “Maybe it’s time to go down there.”

            “I wonder what they would think; to suddenly know for sure that they’re not alone.”

            “I’m sure if they have infinite possible stories, at least one of them is about not being alone.”  He shrugged.  “If Manaro is still there, I’m sure we can expect nothing harsh.”

            The ambassador quickly looked up at the monitor above and to his right, and then back down at the planet. 

“Regardless, we should be going.  We cannot afford to waste any more time,” the first mate stated.  “I will prepare your shuttle.”  He began to leave.

“Indeed,” the ambassador said, “let’s not…”

The first mate stopped turned around.

“Let’s not have another P.E.,” he said, carrying sadness in his voice.

The first mate stood silently as if trying to find something to say, but he could not think of anything, and so he turned back around and walked away.  The automatic door slid open and he walked through it.  As it closed, the ambassador looked directly down at the large, sphere below him.

“This planet couldn’t take it.”



© 2013 Iron K. Tager


Author's Note

Iron K. Tager
Another side work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 6, 2013
Tags: Looking Down at This World


Author

Iron K. Tager
Iron K. Tager

NC



About
Hello! I'm not really that good of a writer at all, but I do enjoy writing. I tend to only write things when I feel like it, so sometimes I go long stretches without putting anything down. I wrote .. more..

Writing