Let the child go script

Let the child go script

A Stage Play by Emily
"

a ghost story

"

Setting: old house, in Charleston SC, present day. Around noon, in the parlor. With house owners. (The Dodgersons)

 

M: So how old did you say the house was again? (Takes out notepad and pencil)

M.D.: it’s over 90 years old, built around the 1920s.

D: and exactly how long have these, (short pause) occurrences have been going on?

Mr.D.: well, they actually started on the 3rd night we moved in, that was about three months ago.

B: wow, that’s a very long time to be living in a haunted house with the disturbances you have been describing.

M.D.: Whats happening now and what happened back then are two different things. Back then it was small stuff like misplacing the keys and changing the station on the radio, you know child stuff, but not like this. This is something just plain evil.

E: Evil? What kind of evil things, could you give me an examp"

( stops and looks at leg, start to stomp foot and hit with arm)

E: AH, OH MY GOSH, my leg feels like its on fire! ( still exclaiming)

M, D, B: are you ok? What’s wrong? Emily talk to us! (all together)

( Emily stops and pulls pant leg up. Camera on face. Frighten look engulfs face. Camera goes to leg)( upside down cross  engraved into her leg)

E: OH MY GOSH, gets this damned thing off of me NOW!!!

( homeowners start to pray, and  Darby grabs holy water and pours it down emily’s leg)( cross slowly disappears and house starts to shake. Loud noise like a child’s scream is heard. Pictures are being thrown off the walls.)( everyone closes their ears)

M.D.:  ( yelling over the noise) please help us, we don’t know what to do! This has gotten way out of hand, we just want it the way it used to be!

Scene 2

 

Setting: Melissa’s house around 10:30, sitting around dinner table. With notepad and information from earlier.

M: ok, that was some freaky stuff back there, they weren’t lying at all you could see it on their face.

E: yea, the whole cross thing shook me up pretty good. Im still a little freaked out.

B: I think we should seriously do our whole over night investigation, this looks like it’s the biggest case we have ever encountered so far. 

D: Yea, I think there might be something more than just little playful ghost like they mentioned they had before.

E: yea that wasn’t a little kid cutting me up, it looks like they have a…

( everyone looks at each other, like not wanting to say)

E: a ( clears throat) a demon.

M: that’s what I was thinking but I didn’t want to say anything.

D: well, if that’s the case we may be well over our heads with this whole thing.

B: yea but you saw the look on their face… the need our help.

E: I know they do but what are we going to do. Were just a little Charleston ghost hunting team, were a joke to the whole city, help how are we going to with this kind of paranormal activity going on.

M: well, were just gonna have to prove to all who doubt us that we aren’t just some amateurs with recorders and video cameras, we may not be T.A.P.S or  Ghost hunters, but we are people that can help, and we will show them that.

( pause to let monologue sink in)

D: Lets do this.

 

© 2012 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes! I get the most badass line yet!

Let's do this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMAZING!!!!! i love it!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2012
Last Updated on February 9, 2012
Tags: ghosts, script

Author

Emily
Emily

Florence, SC



About
I like to write stories, and I love acting and what not, Melissa writes my stories out into scripts so, that's pretty much it more..

Writing