Fistful of Sand

Fistful of Sand

A Poem by Isabel25

I look on helplessly,

As time darts away, noiseless,

My wails die within me,

Lamenting the seconds,

Which slither away -

Through my fingers,

Like a fistful of sand,

Stark white, like my bones,

That would be covered in fistfuls of sand,

When my time runs out....

© 2015 Isabel25


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Time will still be with you when it runs out.. For it will be your time when you stop existing.. hehe.. just some philosophical crap I like to pull whenever I come across such deep moments; thought I should share. Always lightens my mood.
Again, the essence has been captured and in fewer words. Commendable.
Great write. Glad to have come across your work. I had been bored reading poems on similar thought as people tend to over-express their opinions. You must have a knack for it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Isabel25

9 Years Ago

I am deeply honoured ....I am used to not expressing emotions..maybe my poetry also is that way. Tha.. read more
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

By the way that philosophical crap actually made sense :)
Stonz P.

9 Years Ago

Haha, if only more people would agree with me ;)
And thank you to you too.



Reviews

I enjoy discovering poems or stories about time. I like slippery things. Light and sound have fixed, measurable speeds. Time is variable, relative and subjective good qualities in a slippery substance. Wait a minute for a kiss that lasts a minute: which minute is faster? The answer answers lots of slippery questions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

wow..that is an amazing thought Delmar. Thank you for saying that. Yes, time is indeed very slippery.. read more
Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

" In a way life itself is time. The end of one ends the other one too. " See, another question.
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

Yes......i see....but i dont know the answers....
Very excellent creation, dear poet. I like your style of poetry: few words filled with much expression.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

And I like your works very much too..Im definitely gonna check out more of it :D It is very nice to .. read more
Misery

9 Years Ago

Two firsts in one day for you.
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

HAHA :D ...
A mournful lament if ever there was one. The end sneaks up on us silently and continuously. Great imagery....enjoyed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

I am glad you liked the ending sir :) Thank you for visiting!
Although there is a sense of fear in the piece, it is written with such beauty that I found myself focusing on the lovely flow of words. They created their own emotion, and it was peaceful. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words Larq :D
My, my, this is good. We don't know the exact context, but the experience is rich with emotion, expressed with great skill.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabel25

9 Years Ago

Thank you sir. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and read this :)
I enjoy your poetry. You write with old-pen. Sharing knowledge and your experience.
"Which slither away -
Through my fingers,
Like a fistful of sand,"
The above lines I do understand. A fistful of sand, life will fall through and we must hold on to something. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Another splendid write.. I loved the brevity in this one.. Each line tailored to perfection.. The vivid descriptions - quite picturesque.

A great man once said - "Nothing really belongs to us but Time, which even he has who has nothing else". We should probably invite him here to hear your opinion :P. We all watch helplessly as time darts away ma'am. We are free, yet, bound by Time.. What's fairly certain is the fact that we all will have the sweet kiss of Time.. It might be today or tomorrow.. It doesn't matter. In the end only three things matter - How much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of the things that were never meant for you".

People will certainly remember you if you give them something worth remembering. :).. I often wonder about such things.. I am actually scared of dying before making any mark.. Without people knowing that I ever existed.. Dying the way I lived...

Funny, I am writing something along similar lines. Certainly not "this" graceful though... :P.


Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

A million 'thank-yous' in that case :D
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

You are wc :)
Time will still be with you when it runs out.. For it will be your time when you stop existing.. hehe.. just some philosophical crap I like to pull whenever I come across such deep moments; thought I should share. Always lightens my mood.
Again, the essence has been captured and in fewer words. Commendable.
Great write. Glad to have come across your work. I had been bored reading poems on similar thought as people tend to over-express their opinions. You must have a knack for it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Isabel25

9 Years Ago

I am deeply honoured ....I am used to not expressing emotions..maybe my poetry also is that way. Tha.. read more
Isabel25

9 Years Ago

By the way that philosophical crap actually made sense :)
Stonz P.

9 Years Ago

Haha, if only more people would agree with me ;)
And thank you to you too.
so true.. we all are heading toward ultimate halt with every passing moment so it's better to enjoy every moment to it's fullest. nice work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

Thank you Abilash, for your time! (pun not intended) :)
borrowed time is all we have great write

Posted 9 Years Ago


Isabel25

9 Years Ago

Ya, its such a shame.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

511 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on March 31, 2015

Author

Isabel25
Isabel25

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
A lover of English literature. I prefer writing to talking. I am an instructional designer, and I freelance on weekends. I love tragedy and satire. Most of my works are from the slice-of-life genre.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..