Introductions

Introductions

A Chapter by Isemay

He brought her back to the cushions, his left hand against her back. He was enjoying touching her, whether she wished to prove she wasn’t disgusted or whether she was enjoying his touch didn’t matter at this moment. She smelled like white petals, light musk, and meaza tree oil, he wanted her close. Her golden cheeks were pink as he pulled her close on the cushions. The smile she gave him was a mixture of embarrassment and amusement. His brothers noticed.

 

“I don’t believe we’ve had proper introductions. Since je seem to be so intim zusam, perhaps je would be so kind?” His eldest brother enjoyed teasing.

 

“Zoldendochter, dese are my brutter. Klinglachprinz de eldest, Waidschlagtprinz, ent Grimeindprinz.” They nodded politely as he spoke and she smiled and nodded in return.

 

“Descht je to be a Flower of Kingholme?” Klinglachprinz teased her and he felt her tense.

 

“I am. He and I have not had proper introductions either. We spoke briefly in the entrance way and then insulted each other until we somehow ended up on friendly terms.” Her tone sounded very deliberately light and cordial.

 

“Je may call her a Flower if je wish, brotter. Zoldendochter suits her.” He felt her relax against his side. It took effort not to pull her closer still.

 

“What does Zoldendochter call je, brotter?” Grimeindprinz asked curiously.

 

“Ze het mi nok nikt bennat.” He tried to keep the disappointment from his voice, but the way she tilted her head he thought she might have heard it.

 

Klinglachprinz grinned. “Perhaps je should choose a name. Wass from her tongue since je have named her in ours. Wass dat reflects how pretty je are.” His brothers laughed and he felt her tense again. He scowled, he didn’t mind the teasing but he didn’t want her to think him weak. She spoke before he could.

 

“Pretty isn’t the right word. Beautiful would be closer.” Her voice was cool, and his brother’s looked at her incredulously. He was disappointed that she would lie so blatantly, he pulled his arm away and stood, helping her stand, still scowling. She looked surprised.

 

“I didn’t denk je a liar.” He untied the knot in the scarf, unwinding it. Liars had no honor and no place among the Meazyr.

 

“And I did not think you a fool.” She shrugged. “But I’ll explain so that one of us can be proven wrong.” Her words felt as sharp as his knife. “Strength is a thing of beauty, and you bear the proof of it on your skin. Strength of body and strength of will.” She brushed his halfhand as she pulled her favor belt away from him and spoke coldly over her shoulder. “Good evening, your Highnesses.” The look she gave him as she pushed past him said he’d been given his name and he felt it keenly when Waidschlagtprinz spoke softly.

 

“Schoonheidt laegt in aug ih betraktarents.”



© 2017 Isemay


Author's Note

Isemay
Descht - I thought
“Ze het mi nok nikt bennat.” - She has not yet given me a name.
Wass - something
“Schoonheidt laegt in aug ih betraktarents.” - Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 24, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, nobility, royalty


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay