Right

Right

A Chapter by Isemay

If Ivhir had been just a little farther behind, Esus shuddered as he murmured, healing the mauled Charyic. He had sent the taller Light Bringer for water and herbs, tending to the girl’s most dire wounds first, with every bit of healing skill he had, while the man searched.


Esus had been almost certain that she wouldn’t try to harm him. And when she attacked the bear to keep him from being mauled, he knew he had been right. His screams had raised the hairs on Ivhir’s neck and brought the man running with his weapon at the ready. The bear hadn’t stood a chance after that.


When Charyic finally woke the next morning, Esus was exhausted, but he still smiled crookedly down at her. “Feeling better, my beauty?” His words soft and quiet.


“Your ‘beauty’ nearly got you killed. And nearly killed Miryil, if you need the reminder.” Ivhir muttered from nearby.


Charyic looked up at him apologetically and he stroked her pallid face. “She also attacked that bear with that little knife to try to keep it away from me. She could have run away while it was occupied.”


Her lips twisted wryly as she sighed and shook her head. Esus grinned.


“You need to get some rest Esus, it’s my turn to keep watch.” Ivhir’s disapproval of his doting was clear.


He wasn’t entirely surprised when she grimaced and rolled to her side, patting the space she had just vacated on the ground as an invitation. What surprised him was how much he wanted to accept it.


He looked up at Ivhir who shrugged, “If she strangles you in your sleep you’ll have no one but yourself to blame.”


Esus gave him his crooked smile and lay on his back next to Charyic. She snuggled close with a sigh and her head nestled against his shoulder felt more right than anything except for flying ever had. He closed his eyes and dreamed of flying with her.



© 2017 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on July 23, 2017
Last Updated on July 23, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay