Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
One more

One more

A Chapter by Isemay

Miryil knew as she listened, that Charyic would not be going back to the Keam. She would take the responsibility for that on herself if need be, she had been the one to promise it. Either Anyk or Ayil, or possibly both of them had decided that Esus and Charyic belonged together.


And from the look on Esus’ face, anyone who tried to part him from that little troublemaker would fare better bathing in dragon’s fire. She watched as he helped Charyic down from the altar as if she were a delicate creature and not the deceptively strong and sturdy woman that Miryil was keenly aware she was.


Miryil approached them with a frown, “The words you wrote, you heard them from a priest?”


Charyic grinned at her and shrugged.


“I didn’t think he had priests.” Miryil’s eyes narrowed.


“Miryil.” Esus spoke quietly giving her a sharp look.


Charyic kept grinning and shrugged again with her arms opening out to the sides.


Before she could press her further the priestess returned with Erech. “The carriage is ready. The three of you will accompany her to Isemalrocath.”


Charyic held up her hand, her index finger raised.


“One?” You wish only one to-” The priestess paused as she shook her head vehemently. “One more.” Charyic nodded. “I will have someone-” The priestess sighed as the woman’s head shook again. “There is someone specific you want.” Charyic smiled and nodded.


Miryil snorted. “Ivhir.” Charyic pointed at her. “He’s in Lallareth. By the time-”


The priestess laughed. “I was told to send for him. He should be here in the lodgings waiting for his orders.” She looked at Charyic speculatively. “This is something that was arranged. Mischief is kind to songbirds.”


Charyic inclined her head respectfully.


“Has Ayil been helping or hindering us.” Miryil wondered aloud.


“Both, I have no doubt.” The priestess spoke with an irritated smile. “Fetch Ivhir and meet the carriage at the white gate.”


Miryil bowed and set out immediately. The lodgings were not far from the white gate but if Ivhir wasn’t where he should be or if he needed a moment to pack the carriage would be required to wait, and the songs were already overdue. She burst into the common room from the street and startled the occupants.


“Ivhir?” She barked at the nearest Light Bringer.


“Here, Miryil. What’s-” Ivhir was standing from what looked like a game of cards in the back of the room.


“Get your things. Esus caught his songbird and we meet the carriage at the white gate, now.” Miryil’s tone brooked no discussion. She didn’t want him to ask a thousand questions when he should be moving.


Ivhir bolted up the nearby stairs to grab his things and several of the Light Bringers she had fought next to rose and began to pepper her with questions.


“Esus? How?”


“When did he get here?”


“Is that why he didn’t come back to the line?”


She held up her hands. “I don’t know. I haven’t gotten answers myself. He brought the blessed of Anyk to the temple and I’ve been given orders. The songbird has already been singing.”


Ivhir came barreling back down the stairs and they headed quickly to the gate. “I wonder how long it’ll be before she stabs someone or runs away this time.” He said quietly as they scanned the traffic of people and horses for the carriage.


Miryil snorted, “Supposedly, she’s coming with us willingly as long as Esus stays with her.” She looked up at the tall pale man with an unamused expression. “She’s carrying the Black Prince’s b*****d and Esus is falling over himself to take care of her.”


“You know how he feels about that word.” Ivhir gave her a disapproving look. “He’s doted on her since Lallareth. When he left his birds to go after her I knew he wasn’t going to come back without her. That he’d take care of her isn’t a surprise.”


Her face twisted in a grimace. “The Holy Father said he had been chosen to watch over her and keep her, I just wish she were more worthy of it.”


The carriage swayed into view with Erech glowering at the people weaving across his path as he tried to move forward briskly. She gestured for Ivhir to join the pair inside. Miryil half grinned at Erech as she swung up and offered to take the reigns.


“They move more quickly when they sense you’re willing to run them over.” Her tone was only half teasing and Erech's thin lips twisted in amusement.




© 2017 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay